Metal

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

DEATH METAL.

Metal_NZ_FTW

Thread for discussing DM, recommendations etc.

No gaying up the thread with Deathcore.

GO.
Thread for discussing DM, recommendations etc.

No gaying up the thread with Deathcore.

GO.
Posted: Oct 10, 2010 10:53 PM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

Seeing Obituary live is awesome!

I wished I brought my pillow when I saw Opeth. (they, too, were still awesom)

Vader Live in Japan is a great live album

IN FLAMES from Lunar Strain to Clayman is some of my most favorite metal of all.
Seeing Obituary live is awesome! I wished I brought my pillow when I saw Opeth. (they, too, were still awesom) Vader Live in Japan is a great live album [b]IN FLAMES from Lunar Strain to Clayman[/b] is some of my most favorite metal of all.
Posted: Oct 11, 2010 3:58 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

I wish I could see Obituary, they're one of the bands I most wanna see live.
In fact, Obituary would be a great way to get this thread going ;)
Slowly We Rot or Cause Of Death??
I wish I could see Obituary, they're one of the bands I most wanna see live. In fact, Obituary would be a great way to get this thread going ;) Slowly We Rot or Cause Of Death??
Posted: Oct 11, 2010 8:50 AM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

Cause of Death, only because they cover CELTIC FROST! Cause of Death, only because they cover CELTIC FROST!
Posted: Oct 11, 2010 6:40 PM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

Whatever happened to Celtic Frosted Flakes? Whatever happened to Celtic Frosted Flakes?
Posted: Oct 11, 2010 8:09 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Their version of Circle Of The Tyrants is fucking epic, but Infected, Chopped In Half and Find The Arise are the best tracks on the album. Their version of Circle Of The Tyrants is fucking epic, but Infected, Chopped In Half and Find The Arise are the best tracks on the album.
Posted: Oct 11, 2010 9:06 PM - Quote - Report!

Senour Dakota

demilich demilich
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 12:13 AM - Quote - Report!

Jon777

Fucking Opeth. Fucking Opeth.
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 1:13 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Jon777 wrote on Oct 11th, 2010 at 8:13pm :
Fucking Opeth.

:haha:

GTFO, seriously
[QUOTE u='Jon777' d='2010-10-11 20:13:33']Fucking Opeth.[/QUOTE] :haha: GTFO, seriously
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 2:20 AM - Quote - Report!

Jon777

Metal_NZ_FTW wrote on Oct 11th, 2010 at 9:20pm :
Jon777 wrote on Oct 11th, 2010 at 8:13pm :
Fucking Opeth.

:haha:

GTFO, seriously
I'm hoping that's sarcasm. :p
[QUOTE u='Metal_NZ_FTW' d='2010-10-11 21:20:37'][QUOTE u='Jon777' d='2010-10-11 20:13:33']Fucking Opeth.[/QUOTE] :haha: GTFO, seriously[/QUOTE]I'm hoping that's sarcasm. :p
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 2:27 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

No.
Opeth are NOT Death Metal.
No. Opeth are NOT Death Metal.
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 2:47 AM - Quote - Report!

Jon777

Then how would you classify them? Then how would you classify them?
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 3:00 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Gay. Gay.
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 9:30 AM - Quote - Report!

Echoplex

Metal_NZ_FTW wrote on Oct 11th, 2010 at 9:47pm :
No.
Opeth are NOT Death Metal.
Ok. Bloodbath.
[QUOTE u='Metal_NZ_FTW' d='2010-10-11 21:47:51']No. Opeth are NOT Death Metal.[/QUOTE]Ok. Bloodbath.
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 11:08 AM - Quote - Report!

CrimsonBizzare

No Opeth? WTF is this shit? No Opeth? WTF is this shit?
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 3:55 PM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

Opeth IS DM, whether you want them to be or not, lol. Progressive, yeah, but still definitely Death Metal.
And as amazing as they are, they still always put me to sleep
Opeth IS DM, whether you want them to be or not, lol. Progressive, yeah, but still definitely Death Metal. And as amazing as they are, they still always put me to sleep
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 10:28 PM - Quote - Report!

Opethanized

Metal_NZ_FTW wrote on Oct 12th, 2010 at 4:30am :
Gay.

Lol, typical reply for a 16 year old.
Yes I love Opeth.
But how about Entombed? I fucking love 'Left Hand Path'. Been spinning it a lot lately.
I also recomend checking out Mithras. They're "br00tal" proggy psychedelic DM, and display a nice sence of dynamics at points. The guitar tone reminds me of Morbid Angel's 'Domination'. 'Forever Advancing Legions' was released before they introduced the psych elements. I enjoy both WBtV and BtSLM very much, but I think the latter is more cohesive and maybe a better starting point. You choose. Definitely one of my favorite discoveries of the last few years.
[QUOTE u='Metal_NZ_FTW' d='2010-10-12 04:30:17']Gay.[/QUOTE] Lol, typical reply for a 16 year old. Yes I love Opeth. But how about Entombed? I fucking love 'Left Hand Path'. Been spinning it a lot lately. I also recomend checking out Mithras. They're "br00tal" proggy psychedelic DM, and display a nice sence of dynamics at points. The guitar tone reminds me of Morbid Angel's 'Domination'. 'Forever Advancing Legions' was released before they introduced the psych elements. I enjoy both WBtV and BtSLM very much, but I think the latter is more cohesive and maybe a better starting point. You choose. Definitely one of my favorite discoveries of the last few years.
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 10:36 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Mithras are fucking great, ordered Worlds Beyond The Veil on Amazon the other day. Mithras are fucking great, ordered Worlds Beyond The Veil on Amazon the other day.
Posted: Oct 12, 2010 11:20 PM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

"Wolverine Blues" by Entombed = FUCKING CLASSIC!!

Also, speaking of psychadelic DM, GORGUTS!!
"Wolverine Blues" by Entombed = FUCKING CLASSIC!! Also, speaking of psychadelic DM, GORGUTS!!
Posted: Oct 13, 2010 12:07 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

+200 to vinnym86 for bringing up Gorguts because they are awesome. +200 to vinnym86 for bringing up Gorguts because they are awesome.
Posted: Oct 13, 2010 1:14 AM - Quote - Report!

Echoplex

If we mention Gorguts, we must mention their successor, Obscura. I finally got Cosmogenesis, and it's pretty sick. If we mention Gorguts, we must mention their successor, Obscura. I finally got Cosmogenesis, and it's pretty sick.
Posted: Oct 13, 2010 1:40 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Haven't heard Obscura, what's a good album to get me started? Haven't heard Obscura, what's a good album to get me started?
Posted: Oct 13, 2010 1:42 AM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

Metal_NZ_FTW wrote on Oct 12th, 2010 at 8:42pm :
Haven't heard Obscura, what's a good album to get me started?

really, anything.
[QUOTE u='Metal_NZ_FTW' d='2010-10-12 20:42:56']Haven't heard Obscura, what's a good album to get me started?[/QUOTE] really, anything.
Posted: Oct 13, 2010 6:54 PM - Quote - Report!

Echoplex

Metal_NZ_FTW wrote on Oct 12th, 2010 at 8:42pm :
Haven't heard Obscura, what's a good album to get me started?
They only have two. Retribution has more of an old-school techdeath feel, but Cosmogenesis sounds a bit more unique and has some almost Atheist/Cynic sounding moments.
[QUOTE u='Metal_NZ_FTW' d='2010-10-12 20:42:56']Haven't heard Obscura, what's a good album to get me started?[/QUOTE]They only have two. Retribution has more of an old-school techdeath feel, but Cosmogenesis sounds a bit more unique and has some almost Atheist/Cynic sounding moments.
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 1:42 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal_NZ_FTW

Ok, thanks dude i'll check them out as soon as I can.
Also, how bout we talk Mithras?
Ok, thanks dude i'll check them out as soon as I can. Also, how bout we talk Mithras?
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 1:57 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand