Metal

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Do you think KoRn is still Metal?

BushMasterFlex

With KoRn's recent dubstep song being out of the ordinary, do you guys belive that they are still metal, (some belive they were't at all) or do you think they are just a bunch of angsty 40 year olds?
With KoRn's recent dubstep song being out of the ordinary, do you guys belive that they are still metal, (some belive they were't at all) or do you think they are just a bunch of angsty 40 year olds?
Posted: Apr 18, 2011 7:10 AM - Quote - Report!

JLowU571

Korn were Nu-metal which was pretty much the greatest insult to metal since the sunset boulevard Glam-Metal days of the late 70s/early 80s so in my book they were never metal. However, that's not to say they didn't have any good songs, Twisted Transistor is annoyingly catchy.

After this dub-step thing, they've gone deeper into the WTF? realm.
Korn were Nu-metal which was pretty much the greatest insult to metal since the sunset boulevard Glam-Metal days of the late 70s/early 80s so in my book they were never metal. However, that's not to say they didn't have any good songs, Twisted Transistor is annoyingly catchy. After this dub-step thing, they've gone deeper into the WTF? realm.
Posted: Apr 18, 2011 12:48 PM - Quote - Report!

Sakke

It never was.. It never was..
Posted: Apr 18, 2011 2:26 PM - Quote - Report!

gunsn'roses123

I agree with JLowU571. they are Nu-metal but they still have some heavy stuff. I agree with JLowU571. they are Nu-metal but they still have some heavy stuff.
Posted: Apr 19, 2011 4:04 PM - Quote - Report!

BushMasterFlex

I dont know about u guys but i find Nu-Metal dosent get enough credit for being heavy simply because of bands like Linkin Park and faggy Fred Durt led Limp Bizkit. I belive they gave Nu-Metal its bad rep, but in reality, the genra is pusle pounding low tuned insanity! KoRn, SlipKnoT, MuDvAyNe, Coal Chamber (yes.. they suck), Deftones, Disturbed, old Staind, System of a Down, Godsmack, Static-X, etc. Theres alot of them, and its all heavy as fuck. The thing that makes alot of these bands more insane is that lots of them are emotinaly driven. That shit can get alot of good screams and yelling out of a person. Aaaahhhhh... done my small rant haha. I dont know about u guys but i find Nu-Metal dosent get enough credit for being heavy simply because of bands like Linkin Park and faggy Fred Durt led Limp Bizkit. I belive they gave Nu-Metal its bad rep, but in reality, the genra is pusle pounding low tuned insanity! KoRn, SlipKnoT, MuDvAyNe, Coal Chamber (yes.. they suck), Deftones, Disturbed, old Staind, System of a Down, Godsmack, Static-X, etc. Theres alot of them, and its all heavy as fuck. The thing that makes alot of these bands more insane is that lots of them are emotinaly driven. That shit can get alot of good screams and yelling out of a person. Aaaahhhhh... done my small rant haha.
Posted: May 4, 2011 9:18 PM - Quote - Report!

csmetalmania

They have changed since they first started out. I think that they were metal and still have the metal foundation but not fully metal anymore, without selling out. They have changed since they first started out. I think that they were metal and still have the metal foundation but not fully metal anymore, without selling out.
Posted: May 5, 2011 2:44 AM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

... it hurts to see korn suck so bad... when i first started playin the 7 string that was one of the few bands that played, munky was my idol... but now... ... it hurts to see korn suck so bad... when i first started playin the 7 string that was one of the few bands that played, munky was my idol... but now...
Posted: May 6, 2011 5:43 PM - Quote - Report!

AJSaw

@BushMasterFlex
I don't think any of those bands are really metal. SOAD is more hard rock, Godsmack is debatable for being "metal", if anything they are "Heavy Metal". I'm sorry, nu-metal doesn't have "screams", and none are "heavy as fuck."

Otherwise, Korn was never metal.
@BushMasterFlex I don't think any of those bands are really metal. SOAD is more hard rock, Godsmack is debatable for being "metal", if anything they are "Heavy Metal". I'm sorry, nu-metal doesn't have "screams", and none are "heavy as fuck." Otherwise, Korn was never metal.
Posted: May 7, 2011 1:16 AM - Quote - Report!

vinnym86

Actually, all of it is technically metal: Numetal. A popularized, simplified, and more often than not "cookie-cutter" replicated by business-minded producers. Everything you like, and the reasons why, can be found in heavier, more "talented" music. Everything. I promise. Really, don't get the urge to argue, i promise. That's not to say what you've listed is not "talented". I think System and Slipknot are great bands, truly. It may be where I draw the line. I'm not impressed, or even interested in bands like 5 Finger of Mudvayne or Disturbed. Fuck all that shit. Korn? I loved them... when i was lke, 13 years old. NOTHING Korn has done in their entire discography appeals to me, as an adult. My pre-adolescent age might have liked dreaming all day about sex, but really, i don't need to dream anymore. I don't have "issues" that I need to swell upon continuously searching for answers, I have issues that need to be addressed and taken care of so life can keep moving. I'm not a freak on a leash, although I can probably get a freak into one if she's crazy enough. I dunno, these are dumb examples, i'm high. Oh yeah! That's why I also hate this dumb-ass genre, cuz i discovered weed many, many years ago. Haha, you ever hear shit like Shrinebuilder? Neurosis? Sleep? Metal has more sub-genres than music has genres. So yes, Nu-metal is one of those sub-genres, but, you can find what you want in many, many other genres of metal, not just what the music industry has stamped out for you. Understand that everything you like is everything that musicians with an artistic and will-ful mind tries desperately to stay away from. Say no to what you're being fed! Fuck this cookie-cutter bullshit! I want to hear artists, not wallet-fat producers! INDIVIDUALITY! Actually, all of it is technically metal: Numetal. A popularized, simplified, and more often than not "cookie-cutter" replicated by business-minded producers. Everything you like, and the reasons why, can be found in heavier, more "talented" music. Everything. I promise. Really, don't get the urge to argue, i promise. That's not to say what you've listed is not "talented". I think System and Slipknot are great bands, truly. It may be where I draw the line. I'm not impressed, or even interested in bands like 5 Finger of Mudvayne or Disturbed. Fuck all that shit. Korn? I loved them... when i was lke, 13 years old. NOTHING Korn has done in their entire discography appeals to me, as an adult. My pre-adolescent age might have liked dreaming all day about sex, but really, i don't need to dream anymore. I don't have "issues" that I need to swell upon continuously searching for answers, I have issues that need to be addressed and taken care of so life can keep moving. I'm not a freak on a leash, although I can probably get a freak into one if she's crazy enough. I dunno, these are dumb examples, i'm high. Oh yeah! That's why I also hate this dumb-ass genre, cuz i discovered weed many, many years ago. Haha, you ever hear shit like Shrinebuilder? Neurosis? Sleep? Metal has more sub-genres than music has genres. So yes, Nu-metal is one of those sub-genres, but, you can find what you want in many, many other genres of metal, not just what the music industry has stamped out for you. Understand that everything you like is everything that musicians with an artistic and will-ful mind tries desperately to stay away from. Say no to what you're being fed! Fuck this cookie-cutter bullshit! I want to hear artists, not wallet-fat producers! INDIVIDUALITY!
Posted: May 12, 2011 9:51 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand