Metal

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

The miracle Thread

Reaper/chaos

this is a thread that we all have awaited for quite a while... In this thread, i will ask
What are songs to learn that help make you a great guitarist?

You know we have all sat at the damn computer thinking "what would make me better?" so lets find out
this is a thread that we all have awaited for quite a while... In this thread, i will ask
What are songs to learn that help make you a great guitarist?

You know we have all sat at the damn computer thinking "what would make me better?" so lets find out
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 3:34 PM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

Now... BEGIN! Now... BEGIN!
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 3:34 PM - Quote - Report!

Dukey

Well...

I think Cowboys From Hell and Miracle Man helped me a lot with my guitar skills.
Machine Gun Man shaped my acoustic style...
And Pretty Little Ditty helped me a lot with bass.
Well... I think Cowboys From Hell and Miracle Man helped me a lot with my guitar skills. Machine Gun Man shaped my acoustic style... And Pretty Little Ditty helped me a lot with bass.
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 2:12 PM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

thanx man, ill take those in to consideration! thanx man, ill take those in to consideration!
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 2:37 PM - Quote - Report!

thrashdeth

When I first started out, Iron Man really helped me out. But everyone's tastes are different. When you hear a song, ask yoreself "can I play that?". Just keep playing songs that keep challenging you to play harder.

If you like lists:

Beginner:
For whom the Bell Tolls
Iron Man
Paranoid
Enter Sandman
N.I.B (Black Sabbath)

Intermediate:
Children of the Grave
Master of Puppets
Bewitched (Candlemass) (this could probably count as beginner)
Seek and Destroy
Black Fire (Dragonforce)
The Four Horsemen

Hard:
Over The wall (Testament)
Through the Fire And Flames
Raining Blood
Angel of Death
Elimination (Overkill)
Lack of Comprehension (Death)
Disincarnated (Gorguts)
Skull full of Maggots (Cannibal Corpse)
Spirit Crusher (Death)

Expert:
the Dark Eternal Night (Dream Theater)
Far Beyond the Sun (yngwie Malmsteen)
Take No Prisoners (Megadeth)
Dante's Inferno (Iced Earth)
Forbidden Evil (Forbidden)
A Nightmare to Remember (Dream Theater)
Sea of Lies (Symphony X)

And most of these songs have solos if you want to push yoreself or you can skip them if yore not up to it. And I just threw this together randomly.
When I first started out, Iron Man really helped me out. But everyone's tastes are different. When you hear a song, ask yoreself "can I play that?". Just keep playing songs that keep challenging you to play harder. If you like lists: Beginner: For whom the Bell Tolls Iron Man Paranoid Enter Sandman N.I.B (Black Sabbath) Intermediate: Children of the Grave Master of Puppets Bewitched (Candlemass) (this could probably count as beginner) Seek and Destroy Black Fire (Dragonforce) The Four Horsemen Hard: Over The wall (Testament) Through the Fire And Flames Raining Blood Angel of Death Elimination (Overkill) Lack of Comprehension (Death) Disincarnated (Gorguts) Skull full of Maggots (Cannibal Corpse) Spirit Crusher (Death) Expert: the Dark Eternal Night (Dream Theater) Far Beyond the Sun (yngwie Malmsteen) Take No Prisoners (Megadeth) Dante's Inferno (Iced Earth) Forbidden Evil (Forbidden) A Nightmare to Remember (Dream Theater) Sea of Lies (Symphony X) And most of these songs have solos if you want to push yoreself or you can skip them if yore not up to it. And I just threw this together randomly.
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 4:37 PM - Quote - Report!

Sakke

Arch Enemy - Intermezzo Liberte got me determined to play more solos.
Sentenced - Descending Curtain of Death made me get more into lead guitar
Children of Bodom - Towards Dead End got my alternative picking even tighter

Children of Bodom in general showed me that when there are two guitars and a keyboard doesn't mean that there should be only rhythm and lead guitar.

Sentenced in general got me into playing guitar.. The music they made has always been an inspiration to me.
Arch Enemy - Intermezzo Liberte got me determined to play more solos.
Sentenced - Descending Curtain of Death made me get more into lead guitar
Children of Bodom - Towards Dead End got my alternative picking even tighter

Children of Bodom in general showed me that when there are two guitars and a keyboard doesn't mean that there should be only rhythm and lead guitar. 

Sentenced in general got me into playing guitar.. The music they made has always been an inspiration to me.
Posted: Oct 7, 2011 6:29 PM - Quote - Report!

MaddMann274

Learning 'The Trooper' and 'Aces High' gave me confidence in my soloing. :D

P.S: Those are Iron Maiden songs, in case you don't know. :p:
Learning 'The Trooper' and 'Aces High' gave me confidence in my soloing. :D P.S: Those are Iron Maiden songs, in case you don't know. :p:
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 7:59 AM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

wow, i will surely look up ALL of these song and check em out, lucky for me they are all bands i love and songs i dont know by them! :)

BTW:if someone has a question to post on this forum that involves getting better at guitar then post it! I made this forum to help all of the people who wanna get better so we can write more intricate music to futher express our emotions and souls through music. Thanx for all the feedback-Reaper
wow, i will surely look up ALL of these song and check em out, lucky for me they are all bands i love and songs i dont know by them! :) BTW:if someone has a question to post on this forum that involves getting better at guitar then post it! I made this forum to help all of the people who wanna get better so we can write more intricate music to futher express our emotions and souls through music. Thanx for all the feedback-Reaper
Posted: Oct 10, 2011 3:09 PM - Quote - Report!

'DC fan

'Master Of Puppets' by Metallica and 'Waking The Demon' by Bullet For My Valentine really helped my downpicking and rhythm playing in general. Also anything by Iron Maiden is very good to play as they are usually relatively challenging. 'Master Of Puppets' by Metallica and 'Waking The Demon' by Bullet For My Valentine really helped my downpicking and rhythm playing in general. Also anything by Iron Maiden is very good to play as they are usually relatively challenging.
Posted: Oct 11, 2011 4:57 PM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

Yea... i like iron maiden... i already know Master of Puppets... and ill check on that Bullet for My Valentine.
In my search for songs to build a great guitarist (as far as skill:rolleyes:) i found a couple bands that help with a wide range of guitar, they use lots of effects (i dont mean like pedals) that help you build finger strength, speed and accuraccy...

System of a Down, Megadeth, Metallica, Bullet for My Valentine, and Avenged Sevenfold... These are all bands that help out a lot... i would recomend learning some of their music... these arent the only bands but they are the ones that have caught my main attention so far.
Thank you all for all the help so far-Reaoer
Yea... i like iron maiden... i already know Master of Puppets... and ill check on that Bullet for My Valentine.
In my search for songs to build a great guitarist (as far as skill:rolleyes:) i found a couple bands that help with a wide range of guitar, they use lots of effects (i dont mean like pedals) that help you build finger strength, speed and accuraccy...

System of a Down, Megadeth, Metallica, Bullet for My Valentine, and Avenged Sevenfold... These are all bands that help out a lot... i would recomend learning some of their music... these arent the only bands but they are the ones that have caught my main attention so far.
Thank you all for all the help so far-Reaoer
Posted: Oct 12, 2011 3:24 PM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

Btw: somebody find some good acoustic stuff... all i got so far is
Fade to Black
Nothing else Matters-Metallica
and House of the Rising Sun-The Animals
so... lets add some acoustic huh.... thanx-Reaper
Btw: somebody find some good acoustic stuff... all i got so far is Fade to Black Nothing else Matters-Metallica and House of the Rising Sun-The Animals so... lets add some acoustic huh.... thanx-Reaper
Posted: Oct 12, 2011 3:29 PM - Quote - Report!

thrashdeth

by 'acoustic', can arpeggio-like chords played on a clean electric count?

If yes, then you should really check out some power metal.

You could also try these songs

Dante's inferno, Watching over Me, Damien -Iced Earth

The Legacy, The Ballad, Trail of Tears and Return to Serenity - Testament

The Years of Decay - Overkill
by 'acoustic', can arpeggio-like chords played on a clean electric count? If yes, then you should really check out some power metal. You could also try these songs Dante's inferno, Watching over Me, Damien -Iced Earth The Legacy, The Ballad, Trail of Tears and Return to Serenity - Testament The Years of Decay - Overkill
Posted: Oct 12, 2011 4:51 PM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

Ill see about that, i love testament, and the other 2 i havent even heard of (which is good for me, its more music to listen to) but i think you can play acoustic on a clean electric, just kill your Gain and raise your level.... i play House Of the Rising Sun on my electric all the time. well thanx-Reaper Ill see about that, i love testament, and the other 2 i havent even heard of (which is good for me, its more music to listen to) but i think you can play acoustic on a clean electric, just kill your Gain and raise your level.... i play House Of the Rising Sun on my electric all the time. well thanx-Reaper
Posted: Oct 13, 2011 3:18 PM - Quote - Report!

MaddMann274

Acoustic stuff eh? ;)

Tenacious D - Tribute
Tenacious D - Master Exploder
Tenacious D - Classico
^^ All of their stuff. :haha:
Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There?
Blackmore's Night - Possum Goes To Prague
Blackmore's Night - Minstrel Hall
Blackmore's Night - Under A Violet Moon

;)
Acoustic stuff eh? ;) Tenacious D - Tribute Tenacious D - Master Exploder Tenacious D - Classico ^^ All of their stuff. :haha: Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There? Blackmore's Night - Possum Goes To Prague Blackmore's Night - Minstrel Hall Blackmore's Night - Under A Violet Moon ;)
Posted: Oct 13, 2011 4:17 PM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

Hell yea man, thats some of the stuff im looking for! Thank you, i know all of the Tenasious D and Pink Floyd, but the Blackmore's Night... i dont. but that will change soon.:rolleyes:

Now im looking for a song with a badass solo that ISNT built on speed... i thought What I've Become by Lamb of God would be one of those... if you want a good idea of what kind of solo im looking for then check out the song... Trust me, its a nice solo.

I want some songs that dont require fast fingers, but soulfull fingers. (not stevie ray vaughn either, that stuff is impossible) Somthing that will make the crowd have eyes on you and jaws on the floor!:down:
BTW:you know im not the only asshole who can request songs an stuff... others can too, im open to almost any ideas.
Well thanx-Reaper
Hell yea man, thats some of the stuff im looking for! Thank you, i know all of the Tenasious D and Pink Floyd, but the Blackmore's Night... i dont. but that will change soon.:rolleyes:

Now im looking for a song with a badass solo that ISNT built on speed... i thought What I've Become by Lamb of God would be one of those... if you want a good idea of what kind of solo im looking for then check out the song... Trust me, its a nice solo.

I want some songs that dont require fast fingers, but soulfull fingers. (not stevie ray vaughn either, that stuff is impossible) Somthing that will make the crowd have eyes on you and jaws on the floor!:down:
BTW:you know im not the only asshole who can request songs an stuff... others can too, im open to almost any ideas.
Well thanx-Reaper
Posted: Oct 14, 2011 3:26 PM - Quote - Report!

thrashdeth

Emotional solos. Slow Emotional solos. Almost everybody out there can play fast, but not everyone can play with feeling.

+1 for asking this.

Metallica: Fade to Black (intro), Master of Puppets interlude, One (Solos 1 and 2)

Death: Perennial Quest (outro), Scream Bloody Gore,

Buckethead: Nottingham Lace, (kinda fast, but one of the most emotional solos I've heard)

Yeah, I don't know a lot of solos that are slow, I usually try to throw in a fast lick somewhere in the solo. I hope someone else can help you out with this.

So I've been playing primarily thrash for the past few months. I'd like to get into some old school Death/Thrash metal. Right now, the only Stuff I play like that is Death. Death is awesome, but I could use some more material for jamming. Suggestions?
Emotional solos. Slow Emotional solos. Almost everybody out there can play fast, but not everyone can play with feeling. +1 for asking this. Metallica: Fade to Black (intro), Master of Puppets interlude, One (Solos 1 and 2) Death: Perennial Quest (outro), Scream Bloody Gore, Buckethead: Nottingham Lace, (kinda fast, but one of the most emotional solos I've heard) Yeah, I don't know a lot of solos that are slow, I usually try to throw in a fast lick somewhere in the solo. I hope someone else can help you out with this. So I've been playing primarily thrash for the past few months. I'd like to get into some old school Death/Thrash metal. Right now, the only Stuff I play like that is Death. Death is awesome, but I could use some more material for jamming. Suggestions?
Posted: Oct 14, 2011 5:28 PM - Quote - Report!

Sakke

How about Voice of The Soul by Death? I think it's emotional. Mourn by Sentenced is also a really emotional instrumental song. How about Voice of The Soul by Death? I think it's emotional. Mourn by Sentenced is also a really emotional instrumental song.
Posted: Oct 14, 2011 6:40 PM - Quote - Report!

eteam_sammy4him

Technical Difficulties by Racer X definitely helped my alternate picking alot. Technical Difficulties by Racer X definitely helped my alternate picking alot.
Posted: Oct 14, 2011 10:37 PM - Quote - Report!

Fireballz 1077

For developing a better sense of melodic structure, "Hallowed Be Thy Name," "Children of the Damned," and "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden are all great songs to develop, and excluding the solos, are not terribly difficult to learn. The solos are not that hard as well, but still challenging and fun to play. For building both speed and technical precision, anything from Megadeth's "Rust In Peace" album will work.

Sakke wrote on Oct 14th, 2011 at 1:40pm :
How about Voice of The Soul by Death? I think it's emotional. Mourn by Sentenced is also a really emotional instrumental song.

i'd agree with you there. This song is a great example of putting emotion into a song. I honestly almost want to cry every time i listen to this song.
For developing a better sense of melodic structure, "Hallowed Be Thy Name," "Children of the Damned," and "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden are all great songs to develop, and excluding the solos, are not terribly difficult to learn. The solos are not that hard as well, but still challenging and fun to play. For building both speed and technical precision, anything from Megadeth's "Rust In Peace" album will work. [QUOTE u='Sakke' d='2011-10-14 13:40:09']How about Voice of The Soul by Death? I think it's emotional. Mourn by Sentenced is also a really emotional instrumental song.[/QUOTE] i'd agree with you there. This song is a great example of putting emotion into a song. I honestly almost want to cry every time i listen to this song.
Posted: Oct 15, 2011 5:03 AM - Quote - Report!

thrashdeth

So what songs would you guys recommend for sweep picking? I've been working on this stuff for a little bit and want to put my 'skills' to the test. So what songs would you guys recommend for sweep picking? I've been working on this stuff for a little bit and want to put my 'skills' to the test.
Posted: Oct 15, 2011 9:20 PM - Quote - Report!

Sakke

^Simple stuff or hard? Well, anything by Wintersun if you want to drive yourself to the fullest. ^Simple stuff or hard? Well, anything by Wintersun if you want to drive yourself to the fullest.
Posted: Oct 15, 2011 9:33 PM - Quote - Report!

MaddMann274

thrashdeth wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 4:20pm :
So what songs would you guys recommend for sweep picking? I've been working on this stuff for a little bit and want to put my 'skills' to the test.

I would recommend........

Children Of Bodom - Kissing The Shadows
Michael Angelo Batio - No Boundaries
[QUOTE u='thrashdeth' d='2011-10-15 16:20:22']So what songs would you guys recommend for sweep picking? I've been working on this stuff for a little bit and want to put my 'skills' to the test.[/QUOTE] I would recommend........ Children Of Bodom - Kissing The Shadows Michael Angelo Batio - No Boundaries
Posted: Oct 15, 2011 11:07 PM - Quote - Report!

thrashdeth

MaddMann274 wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 6:07pm :

Ha, very funny. I can play ONE lick from that song. That song is F***ing hard.
[QUOTE u='MaddMann274' d='2011-10-15 18:07:39'] Michael Angelo Batio - No Boundaries[/QUOTE] Ha, very funny. I can play ONE lick from that song. That song is F***ing hard.
Posted: Oct 16, 2011 8:08 PM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

thrashdeth wrote on Oct 14th, 2011 at 12:28pm :
Emotional solos. Slow Emotional solos. Almost everybody out there can play fast, but not everyone can play with feeling. +1 for asking this. Metallica: Fade to Black (intro), Master of Puppets interlude, One (Solos 1 and 2) Death: Perennial Quest (outro), Scream Bloody Gore, Buckethead: Nottingham Lace, (kinda fast, but one of the most emotional solos I've heard) Yeah, I don't know a lot of solos that are slow, I usually try to throw in a fast lick somewhere in the solo. I hope someone else can help you out with this. So I've been playing primarily thrash for the past few months. I'd like to get into some old school Death/Thrash metal. Right now, the only Stuff I play like that is Death. Death is awesome, but I could use some more material for jamming. Suggestions?

Thrash huh... well, Early thrash would be stuff like Stone Cold Crazy by Queen (thats not a joke) but there is always "The Big 4". Its Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. Anthrax is what i played for thrash... the thing about thrash is that it deals with social issues mainly, stuff like Instatutionalized (i know it aint spelled right)
A couple good bands is Diamond Head, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Venom... as far as some new thrash bands... Municipal Waste, SSS, and much more

Whiplash by Metallica is good... just anything with high amounts of Percussion and Low guitar riffs... The hardest metal band i know that might be thrash (not sure, they are just really fast and rough) is the band As Blood Runs Black... look up their album Alliegance... its nice

And on the issue of finding a song with a "Soulful solo" in my search i have found a very nice result... Shadows Fall... most of their solos' are intricately weaved with beautiful melodies that glide alongside the rythym guitar with absolute perfection of destruction.... (Damn... poetic destruction?) I dont know the name of the song that caught my attention but its one of the last of the War Within album i think it might be the song "Those Who Cannot Speak"... the solo in it amazed me... i like finding soulfull solos in places other than blues... A good soulful metal solo is like a good book that you open and it shoves your eardrums into your eyeballs with euphoria and the sweet force of Havok. so... l;isten to that song and tell me what you think... i need some soul!!! Thanx for all you help and thrashdeth i hope i helped you!-Reaper
[QUOTE u='thrashdeth' d='2011-10-14 12:28:29']Emotional solos. Slow Emotional solos. Almost everybody out there can play fast, but not everyone can play with feeling. +1 for asking this. Metallica: Fade to Black (intro), Master of Puppets interlude, One (Solos 1 and 2) Death: Perennial Quest (outro), Scream Bloody Gore, Buckethead: Nottingham Lace, (kinda fast, but one of the most emotional solos I've heard) Yeah, I don't know a lot of solos that are slow, I usually try to throw in a fast lick somewhere in the solo. I hope someone else can help you out with this. So I've been playing primarily thrash for the past few months. I'd like to get into some old school Death/Thrash metal. Right now, the only Stuff I play like that is Death. Death is awesome, but I could use some more material for jamming. Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Thrash huh... well, Early thrash would be stuff like Stone Cold Crazy by Queen (thats not a joke) but there is always "The Big 4". Its Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. Anthrax is what i played for thrash... the thing about thrash is that it deals with social issues mainly, stuff like Instatutionalized (i know it aint spelled right)
A couple good bands is Diamond Head, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Venom... as far as some new thrash bands... Municipal Waste, SSS, and much more

Whiplash by Metallica is good... just anything with high amounts of Percussion and Low guitar riffs... The hardest metal band i know that might be thrash (not sure, they are just really fast and rough) is the band As Blood Runs Black... look up their album Alliegance... its nice

And on the issue of finding a song with a "Soulful solo" in my search i have found a very nice result... Shadows Fall... most of their solos' are intricately weaved with beautiful melodies that glide alongside the rythym guitar with absolute perfection of destruction.... (Damn... poetic destruction?) I dont know the name of the song that caught my attention but its one of the last of the War Within album i think it might be the song "Those Who Cannot Speak"... the solo in it amazed me... i like finding soulfull solos in places other than blues... A good soulful metal solo is like a good book that you open and it shoves your eardrums into your eyeballs with euphoria and the sweet force of Havok. so... l;isten to that song and tell me what you think... i need some soul!!! Thanx for all you help and thrashdeth i hope i helped you!-Reaper
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 3:32 PM - Quote - Report!

Sakke

^ If you call As Blood Runs Black fast and rough, you need to listen to some real metal more, you've been missing from many, many bands. Besides, As Blood Runs Black is pretty modern and therefore doesn't really match to my taste.

Reaper, you should try yourself some Morbid Angel/Carcass/Entombed/Amon Amarth and then see what is fast and rough.
^ If you call As Blood Runs Black fast and rough, you need to listen to some real metal more, you've been missing from many, many bands. Besides, As Blood Runs Black is pretty modern and therefore doesn't really match to my taste. Reaper, you should try yourself some Morbid Angel/Carcass/Entombed/Amon Amarth and then see what is fast and rough.
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 4:05 PM - Quote - Report!

thrashdeth

Reaper/chaos wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 10:32am :

Yeah, those are some good ones. I definitely need to learn some more Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. I was looking for some old school Death/Thrash metal, along the lines of Death, Obituary, The Gathering era of Testament. But thanks for the help.
[QUOTE u='Reaper/chaos' d='2011-10-17 10:32:42']A couple good bands is Diamond Head, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Venom... as far as some new thrash bands... Municipal Waste, SSS, and much more[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those are some good ones. I definitely need to learn some more Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. I was looking for some old school Death/Thrash metal, along the lines of Death, Obituary, The Gathering era of Testament. But thanks for the help.
Posted: Oct 17, 2011 5:00 PM - Quote - Report!

MaddMann274

thrashdeth wrote on Oct 16th, 2011 at 3:08pm :

You didn't say you wanted something easy. :haha:
[QUOTE u='thrashdeth' d='2011-10-16 15:08:29'][QUOTE u='MaddMann274' d='2011-10-15 18:07:39'] Michael Angelo Batio - No Boundaries[/QUOTE] Ha, very funny. I can play ONE lick from that song. That song is F***ing hard.[/QUOTE] You didn't say you wanted something easy. :haha:
Posted: Oct 18, 2011 9:41 AM - Quote - Report!

thrashdeth

MaddMann274 wrote on Oct 18th, 2011 at 4:41am :

Yore right, I didn't. But of all the songs out there, You Intentionally picked that one. I've already been trying to play that one for a long time. If I was asking for help, I probably ain't capable of playing one of the hardest songs out there.
[QUOTE u='MaddMann274' d='2011-10-18 04:41:41'][QUOTE u='thrashdeth' d='2011-10-16 15:08:29'][QUOTE u='MaddMann274' d='2011-10-15 18:07:39'] Michael Angelo Batio - No Boundaries[/QUOTE] Ha, very funny. I can play ONE lick from that song. That song is F***ing hard.[/QUOTE] You didn't say you wanted something easy. :haha:[/QUOTE] Yore right, I didn't. But of all the songs out there, You Intentionally picked that one. I've already been trying to play that one for a long time. If I was asking for help, I probably ain't capable of playing one of the hardest songs out there.
Posted: Oct 18, 2011 4:43 PM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

Sakke wrote on Oct 17th, 2011 at 11:05am :
^ If you call As Blood Runs Black fast and rough, you need to listen to some real metal more, you've been missing from many, many bands. Besides, As Blood Runs Black is pretty modern and therefore doesn't really match to my taste. Reaper, you should try yourself some Morbid Angel/Carcass/Entombed/Amon Amarth and then see what is fast and rough.
]

I have heard almost all of these bands but im not just focusing on if they are fast and rough, but im focusing on if they are fast and rough and still do this with grace (and im not insulting any of the bands you mentioneds grace i just havent been able to hear enough of them to judge that) and i said they might be thrash (they call themselves Deathcore)... if you actually listen the band just wants to focus on destruction and the suffering of their enemies...
and no im not talking about the words of the song... but the guitar and the drums mainly... how on certain parts of their songs the bass, guitar, and drums all explode into your ears with extreme pregiduous (i know its spelled wrong) against the pause or volume down button... just close your eyes and listen to the music... if you want picture the world being ripped in-two and just what some good music for that would be... i find As Blood Runs Black is a good choice, now of couse they arent the "best" but they fit the bill just fine.
We all hav3 our own tastes in music, after all how else would each of us feel and hear each song different than the others... Hell man you could watch videos of fluffy teddy bears giving each other hugs while listening to your metal:baby:, its just each persons taste and how it differs to how they have lived their life. (and by the way if you did picture the fuffy teddy thing... um... well i guess you are entitled to your own imagination man:haha:)lol

Just remember.... its all your opinion because the song affects you in your own way... each person feels it in their own way...
[QUOTE u='Sakke' d='2011-10-17 11:05:19']^ If you call As Blood Runs Black fast and rough, you need to listen to some real metal more, you've been missing from many, many bands. Besides, As Blood Runs Black is pretty modern and therefore doesn't really match to my taste. Reaper, you should try yourself some Morbid Angel/Carcass/Entombed/Amon Amarth and then see what is fast and rough.[/QUOTE]]

I have heard almost all of these bands but im not just focusing on if they are fast and rough, but im focusing on if they are fast and rough and still do this with grace (and im not insulting any of the bands you mentioneds grace i just havent been able to hear enough of them to judge that) and i said they might be thrash (they call themselves Deathcore)... if you actually listen the band just wants to focus on destruction and the suffering of their enemies...
      and no im not talking about the words of the song... but the guitar and the drums mainly... how on certain parts of their songs the bass, guitar, and drums all explode into your ears with extreme pregiduous (i know its spelled wrong) against the pause or volume down button... just close your eyes and listen to the music... if you want picture the world being ripped in-two and just what some good music for that would be... i find As Blood Runs Black is a good choice, now of couse they arent the "best" but they fit the bill just fine.    
        We all hav3 our own tastes in music, after all how else would each of us feel and hear each song different than the others... Hell man you could watch videos of fluffy teddy bears giving each other hugs while listening to your metal:baby:, its just each persons taste and how it differs to how they have lived their life. (and by the way if you did picture the fuffy teddy thing... um... well i guess you are entitled to your own imagination man:haha:)lol

Just remember.... its all your opinion because the song affects you in your own way... each person feels it in their own way...
Posted: Oct 20, 2011 3:42 PM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

And BTW: thank you for those music suggestions... i will surely look them up. And BTW: thank you for those music suggestions... i will surely look them up.
Posted: Oct 20, 2011 3:43 PM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

thrashdeth wrote on Oct 15th, 2011 at 4:20pm :
So what songs would you guys recommend for sweep picking? I've been working on this stuff for a little bit and want to put my 'skills' to the test.

Some Rusty Cooley would be fun... but i dont know if its up your alley...
[QUOTE u='thrashdeth' d='2011-10-15 16:20:22']So what songs would you guys recommend for sweep picking? I've been working on this stuff for a little bit and want to put my 'skills' to the test.[/QUOTE] Some Rusty Cooley would be fun... but i dont know if its up your alley...
Posted: Oct 20, 2011 3:45 PM - Quote - Report!

MaddMann274

thrashdeth wrote on Oct 18th, 2011 at 11:43am :
MaddMann274 wrote on Oct 18th, 2011 at 4:41am :

Yore right, I didn't. But of all the songs out there, You Intentionally picked that one. I've already been trying to play that one for a long time. If I was asking for help, I probably ain't capable of playing one of the hardest songs out there.

Well, it is do-able. :p:
[QUOTE u='thrashdeth' d='2011-10-18 11:43:53'][QUOTE u='MaddMann274' d='2011-10-18 04:41:41'][QUOTE u='thrashdeth' d='2011-10-16 15:08:29'][QUOTE u='MaddMann274' d='2011-10-15 18:07:39'] Michael Angelo Batio - No Boundaries[/QUOTE] Ha, very funny. I can play ONE lick from that song. That song is F***ing hard.[/QUOTE] You didn't say you wanted something easy. :haha:[/QUOTE] Yore right, I didn't. But of all the songs out there, You Intentionally picked that one. I've already been trying to play that one for a long time. If I was asking for help, I probably ain't capable of playing one of the hardest songs out there.[/QUOTE] Well, it is do-able. :p:
Posted: Oct 20, 2011 4:25 PM - Quote - Report!

thrashdeth

yes, it's do-able, but it's not really goint to help me, as I'm already working on it.

Reaper/chaos wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 10:45am :

That sounds good, I'll give it a shot.
[QUOTE] Well, it is do-able. :p:[/QUOTE] yes, it's do-able, but it's not really goint to help me, as I'm already working on it. [QUOTE u='Reaper/chaos' d='2011-10-20 10:45:59'] Some Rusty Cooley would be fun... but i dont know if its up your alley...[/QUOTE] That sounds good, I'll give it a shot.
Posted: Oct 20, 2011 5:14 PM - Quote - Report!

MaddMann274

thrashdeth wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:14pm :

yes, it's do-able, but it's not really goint to help me, as I'm already working on it.

Reaper/chaos wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 10:45am :

That sounds good, I'll give it a shot.

In that case, check out 'Old School' by Rob Marcello. Dunno if it's any easier, but worth a shot. :D
[QUOTE u='thrashdeth' d='2011-10-20 12:14:13'][QUOTE] Well, it is do-able. :p:[/QUOTE] yes, it's do-able, but it's not really goint to help me, as I'm already working on it. [QUOTE u='Reaper/chaos' d='2011-10-20 10:45:59'] Some Rusty Cooley would be fun... but i dont know if its up your alley...[/QUOTE] That sounds good, I'll give it a shot.[/QUOTE] In that case, check out 'Old School' by Rob Marcello. Dunno if it's any easier, but worth a shot. :D
Posted: Oct 20, 2011 5:38 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand