Metal

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Best metal guitar?

maddnotez

I know there are alot. But based off of performance which out of these would be best for metal?

Caparison

Ibanez

Jackson

Rico

Suhr

I know there are alot. But based off of performance which out of these would be best for metal?

Caparison

Ibanez

Jackson

Rico

Suhr

Posted: Jan 9, 2012 5:39 PM - Quote - Report!

gunsn'roses123

Jackson or Ibanez
If you actually look at the guitars that most heavy metal musicians use its usually one of these. But prefer any guitar that has 2 EMG humbuckers and ill be set.
Jackson or Ibanez If you actually look at the guitars that most heavy metal musicians use its usually one of these. But prefer any guitar that has 2 EMG humbuckers and ill be set.
Posted: Jan 9, 2012 6:10 PM - Quote - Report!

thrashdeth

Dean, Ibanez, ESP, B.C. Rich, Jackson, Daemoness... There are definitely a lot

NOT: Fender or Gibson.

My personal favorites are ESP, Dean and B.C. Rich.
Dean, Ibanez, ESP, B.C. Rich, Jackson, Daemoness... There are definitely a lot NOT: Fender or Gibson. My personal favorites are ESP, Dean and B.C. Rich.
Posted: Jan 9, 2012 9:13 PM - Quote - Report!

Sakke

thrashdeth wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 4:13pm :
Dean, Ibanez, ESP, B.C. Rich, Jackson, Daemoness... There are definitely a lot NOT: Fender or Gibson. My personal favorites are ESP, Dean and B.C. Rich.
Gibson is metal. After all, the great Tony Iommi chose Gibson for a good reason. So did Randy Rhoads with his legendary white LP and Zakk Wylde followed. And you're also throwing out all the greats who have used Gibson Explorers & Flying Vs.
Also, Fender is metal. Look at what Iron Maiden uses. All the three guitarists have used Fender Strats a lot in their career. Now they use: Sandberg (Gers), which look kind of Fender; Fender (Dave Murray has a sig, I think?) and then Adrian has his San Dimas-style Jackson.

Anywho, my opinion is that pretty much any guitar there is can do metal. I'm surprised that you found Caparison, they're really good guitars. Christopher Amott, the other guitarist for Arch Enemy, has used them for a long while.

My personal favorites are Gibson, Jackson/Charvel and Caparison (yet to play one).
[QUOTE u='thrashdeth' d='2012-01-09 16:13:35']Dean, Ibanez, ESP, B.C. Rich, Jackson, Daemoness... There are definitely a lot NOT: Fender or Gibson. My personal favorites are ESP, Dean and B.C. Rich.[/QUOTE] Gibson is metal. After all, the great Tony Iommi chose Gibson for a good reason. So did Randy Rhoads with his legendary white LP and Zakk Wylde followed. And you're also throwing out all the greats who have used Gibson Explorers & Flying Vs.
Also, Fender is metal. Look at what Iron Maiden uses. All the three guitarists have used Fender Strats a lot in their career. Now they use: Sandberg (Gers), which look kind of Fender; Fender (Dave Murray has a sig, I think?) and then Adrian has his San Dimas-style Jackson.

Anywho, my opinion is that pretty much any guitar there is can do metal. I'm surprised that you found Caparison, they're really good guitars. Christopher Amott, the other guitarist for Arch Enemy, has used them for a long while. 

My personal favorites are Gibson, Jackson/Charvel and Caparison (yet to play one).
Posted: Jan 9, 2012 10:02 PM - Quote - Report!

thrashdeth

Sakke wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 5:02pm :

Gibson is metal. After all, the great Tony Iommi chose Gibson for a good reason. So did Randy Rhoads with his legendary white LP and Zakk Wylde followed. And you're also throwing out all the greats who have used Gibson Explorers & Flying Vs.

Anywho, my opinion is that pretty much any guitar there is can do metal.
I'm surprised that you found Caparison, they're really good guitars. Christopher Amott, the other guitarist for Arch Enemy, has used them for a long while.

That's not what I meant. Gibson and Fender are more all-purpose guitars. You can play anything on them. But ESP, Dean, and Jackson are designed specifically for metal. You can play pretty much any style on pretty much any guitar, but the brands I listed above were made primarily to play metal.
[QUOTE u='Sakke' d='2012-01-09 17:02:43'] Gibson is metal. After all, the great Tony Iommi chose Gibson for a good reason. So did Randy Rhoads with his legendary white LP and Zakk Wylde followed. And you're also throwing out all the greats who have used Gibson Explorers & Flying Vs.

[/QUOTE] That's not what I meant. Gibson and Fender are more all-purpose guitars. You can play anything on them. But ESP, Dean, and Jackson are designed specifically for metal. You can play pretty much any style on pretty much any guitar, but the brands I listed above were made primarily to play metal.
Posted: Jan 10, 2012 5:22 PM - Quote - Report!

Sakke

thrashdeth wrote on Jan 10th, 2012 at 12:22pm :
Sakke wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 5:02pm :

That's not what I meant. Gibson and Fender are more all-purpose guitars. You can play anything on them. But ESP, Dean, and Jackson are designed specifically for metal. You can play pretty much any style on pretty much any guitar, but the brands I listed above were made primarily to play metal.
Well, that's how I caught it. It's really hard to tell when you just use "NOT" when the TS doesn't say if it's supposed to be only metal guitars or guitars that tend to do metal well. Only "best" for metal, where I need to say that there's no guitar out there that is better for metal than some other. For example, someone can like their B.C Rich custom, but can't really say that Jackson custom wouldn't be as good if not better for metal.

I think ESPs are also all-purpose guitars with their many models and with both passive SDs and active EMGs. Also, the shapes ESPs offer are fairly enough "common". I have to agree with Jackson, Dean and B.C Rich though.
[QUOTE u='thrashdeth' d='2012-01-10 12:22:30'][QUOTE u='Sakke' d='2012-01-09 17:02:43'] Gibson is metal. After all, the great Tony Iommi chose Gibson for a good reason. So did Randy Rhoads with his legendary white LP and Zakk Wylde followed. And you're also throwing out all the greats who have used Gibson Explorers & Flying Vs.

[/QUOTE] That's not what I meant. Gibson and Fender are more all-purpose guitars. You can play anything on them. But ESP, Dean, and Jackson are designed specifically for metal. You can play pretty much any style on pretty much any guitar, but the brands I listed above were made primarily to play metal.[/QUOTE] Well, that's how I caught it. It's really hard to tell when you just use "NOT" when the TS doesn't say if it's supposed to be only metal guitars or guitars that tend to do metal well. Only "best" for metal, where I need to say that there's no guitar out there that is better for metal than some other. For example, someone can like their B.C Rich custom, but can't really say that Jackson custom wouldn't be as good if not better for metal.

I think ESPs are also all-purpose guitars with their many models and with both passive SDs and active EMGs. Also, the shapes ESPs offer are fairly enough "common". I have to agree with Jackson, Dean and B.C Rich though.
Posted: Jan 10, 2012 5:30 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand