Metalheads

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Who did you hear first in Metal?

vhdude923

Mine was Metallica. They're great. Mine was Metallica.  They're great.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 10:23 PM - Quote - Report!

musiccrave1028

I think Van Halen (If you consider them Metal.) The more into depth metal I fist listened to was For Whom The Bell Tolls when I was 3 or 4 and my dad played it in the car. I think Van Halen (If you consider them Metal.) The more into depth metal I fist listened to was For Whom The Bell Tolls when I was 3 or 4 and my dad played it in the car.
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 1:16 AM - Quote - Report!

konigstiger

hmmm, i was weird, i went from nineties metallica on the radio, to a short (thankfully) nu-metal phase, then me and my friend discovered real metal... napalm death, emperor, cryptopsy, nile..... then i got into older metal, and now i like that best... Iron Maiden! hmmm, i was weird, i went from nineties metallica on the radio, to a short (thankfully) nu-metal phase, then me and my friend discovered real metal... napalm death, emperor, cryptopsy, nile..... then i got into older metal, and now i like that best... Iron Maiden!
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 3:36 AM - Quote - Report!

Agent_darkbooty

VELVET FUCKING REVOLVER VELVET FUCKING REVOLVER
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 2:22 PM - Quote - Report!

Scum-bag Carrol

'tallica!!!!!! 'tallica!!!!!!
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 2:06 PM - Quote - Report!

Mental-lica

I think Megadeth... Either that or Metallica I think Megadeth... Either that or Metallica
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 5:41 AM - Quote - Report!

bassplaya53

i think it was either slipknot or trivium i think it was either slipknot or trivium
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 1:55 AM - Quote - Report!

matthewsims

I think it was KISS I think it was KISS
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 7:41 PM - Quote - Report!

Shinozoku

Metallica, Pantera, or Children of Bodom. Can't remember. Metallica, Pantera, or Children of Bodom. Can't remember.
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 1:28 AM - Quote - Report!

guitarhead93

i started listening to system of a down when i was 9 i started listening to system of a down when i was 9
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 7:11 PM - Quote - Report!

Leper Affinity

My first two Metal albums, which were my real introduction to metal, were Ozzy - Billzard of oz and Metallica - S/T

after that it was Cannibal, Metallica's good stuff, pantera, Opeth, Death, Wintersun, Unexpect... and on... and on... etc.
My first two Metal albums, which were my real introduction to metal, were Ozzy - Billzard of oz and Metallica - S/T

after that it was Cannibal, Metallica's good stuff, pantera, Opeth, Death, Wintersun, Unexpect... and on... and on... etc.
Posted: Jan 30, 2008 8:17 AM - Quote - Report!

6Slay6tanic6

Iron Maiden

All the way!
Iron Maiden

All the way!
Posted: Jan 30, 2008 4:08 PM - Quote - Report!

Mental-lica

Oh now that I think about it Ozzy it was Ozzy Oh now that I think about it Ozzy it was Ozzy
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 9:33 PM - Quote - Report!

TreyJ

to get me introduced in to rock, i first heard AC/DC, i got interested in rock, so i listened to ozzy, he was the one who inrtoduced me to metal to get me introduced in to rock, i first heard AC/DC, i got interested in rock, so i listened to ozzy, he was the one who inrtoduced me to metal
Posted: Feb 3, 2008 2:13 PM - Quote - Report!

rnshaff3

ozzy fuckin osbourne ozzy fuckin osbourne
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 3:03 AM - Quote - Report!

Wicked Popsicle

Metallica Master of Puppets album Metallica Master of Puppets album
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 5:52 AM - Quote - Report!

Space frog

BFMV, but then, really, Trivium :down: BFMV, but then, really, Trivium :down:
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 1:52 AM - Quote - Report!

dimebag148

trivium is not metal, go to the pit and ask and find out.
metallica was the first metal band i listened to
trivium is not metal, go to the pit and ask and find out.
metallica was the first metal band i listened to
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 9:08 PM - Quote - Report!

Anooplol

Iron maiden, not sure if youve ever heard of them:D...anyway it was number of the beast and run to the hills for me :D Iron maiden, not sure if youve ever heard of them:D...anyway it was number of the beast and run to the hills for me :D
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 1:14 PM - Quote - Report!

Masonpwiley

Metallica Metallica
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 6:01 AM - Quote - Report!

Cat_demon

Metallica introduced me to metal, but nowadays I prefer Megadeth. Metallica introduced me to metal, but nowadays I prefer Megadeth.
Posted: Mar 8, 2008 8:28 PM - Quote - Report!

metalheadrenzo

Metallica slipknot(I know it's fucked up) Metallica slipknot(I know it's fucked up)
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 3:25 PM - Quote - Report!

Baa I'm a Sheep

Maiden. Maiden.
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 1:03 AM - Quote - Report!

BringerOfMetal

The first song I ever remember hearing was 'Peace Sells' but Master of Puppets & Orion turned me to metal. I've not turned back. The first song I ever remember hearing was 'Peace Sells' but Master of Puppets & Orion turned me to metal. I've not turned back.
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 3:19 AM - Quote - Report!

dio_dude

dimebag148 wrote on Feb 18th, 2008 at 4:08pm :
trivium is not metal, go to the pit and ask and find out.metallica was the first metal band i listened to
neither are bullet lol. hearts burst into fire sucked dick

anyway, i first heard the 'bark at the moon' album by ozzy osbourne, then developed a taste of thrash through slayer, anthrax and metallica.
dimebag148 wrote on Feb 18th, 2008 at 4:08pm :
trivium is not metal, go to the pit and ask and find out.metallica was the first metal band i listened to
neither are bullet lol. hearts burst into fire sucked dick

anyway, i first heard the 'bark at the moon' album by ozzy osbourne, then developed a taste of thrash through slayer, anthrax and metallica.
Posted: Apr 26, 2008 6:34 PM - Quote - Report!

ozzyismetal

Ozzy Osbourne

(first metal song was bark at the moon)
Ozzy Osbourne

(first metal song was bark at the moon)
Posted: Apr 29, 2008 3:02 AM - Quote - Report!

sleepwalker16

Mid era Nighwish, back in year 2000 :) Mid era Nighwish, back in year 2000 :)
Posted: May 18, 2008 3:17 PM - Quote - Report!

ikarian-pride

one song turned me into a metal fan right away. MASTER OF PUPPETS!!

fear of the dark sealed the deal
one song turned me into a metal fan right away. MASTER OF PUPPETS!!

fear of the dark sealed the deal
Posted: May 19, 2008 5:37 AM - Quote - Report!

Drome371

metallica, i first heard and justice for all and then i started exploring other bands and styles of metal, and i'm glad i did... lol before i was listening to linkin park and green day crap lol metallica, i first heard and justice for all and then i started exploring other bands and styles of metal, and i'm glad i did... lol before i was listening to linkin park and green day crap lol
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 8:10 PM - Quote - Report!

Simi Cartel

tie with BFMV and Slipknot. Wait and bleed = fuckin tune

*horns*

*horns*
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 5:11 PM - Quote - Report!

oneblackened

I think it was metallica. I think it was metallica.
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 5:01 PM - Quote - Report!

Drome371

Simi Cartel wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 12:11pm :

*horns*

bfmv = NOT METAL

try gay emo crap
[QUOTE u='Simi Cartel' d='2008-07-20 12:11:29']tie with BFMV and Slipknot. Wait and bleed = fuckin tune

*horns*[/QUOTE]
bfmv = NOT METAL

try gay emo crap
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 11:13 PM - Quote - Report!

Stfulleri

Iron Maiden or Helloween. I'm not sure. Iron Maiden or Helloween. I'm not sure.
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 4:26 PM - Quote - Report!

HGF

Metallica, back then when I was a little punk boy Metallica, back then when I was a little punk boy
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 3:00 PM - Quote - Report!

MetalCro

metallica, black album metallica, black album
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 11:20 AM - Quote - Report!

Gacel

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, from Iron Maiden's album "Somewhere In Time" The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, from Iron Maiden's album "Somewhere In Time"
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 10:16 PM - Quote - Report!

ironmaidendude

Metallica or Iron Maiden. I'm not sure. Metallica or Iron Maiden. I'm not sure.
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 7:21 PM - Quote - Report!

bassbuzz

It wasn't the first metal I heard ever, but definitely the first metal I started listening to. Linkin Park! Still big fan :D It wasn't the first metal I heard ever, but definitely the first metal I started listening to. Linkin Park! Still big fan :D
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 11:33 PM - Quote - Report!

purelegend1

On rage (music video show in australia) on their late night show they once had mudvayne as a guest programmer, i heard for whom the bell tolls and master of puppets (metallica), 5 Minutes Alone (pantera, who are still my favourite band), Freedom (ratm) and Back to the primitive (soulfly). that was when i was about 9 or 10, im 14 now and listen to death, decapitated, opeth, cannibal corpse, deicide, king diamond, slayer, pretty much anything metal On rage (music video show in australia) on their late night show they once had mudvayne as a guest programmer, i heard for whom the bell tolls and master of puppets (metallica), 5 Minutes Alone (pantera, who are still my favourite band), Freedom (ratm) and Back to the primitive (soulfly). that was when i was about 9 or 10, im 14 now and listen to death, decapitated, opeth, cannibal corpse, deicide, king diamond, slayer, pretty much anything metal
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 9:49 AM - Quote - Report!

Delta3Xray

definitely Metallica. then i tried out other stuff like Iron Maiden, Megadeth, etc and it just kind of grew from there. definitely Metallica. then i tried out other stuff like Iron Maiden, Megadeth, etc and it just kind of grew from there.
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 1:55 AM - Quote - Report!

VertigodowN

METALLICA!!! METALLICA!!!
Posted: Mar 21, 2009 7:13 AM - Quote - Report!

LazyLatinoRocke

First metal band I listened to was Cradle of Filth. First metal band I listened to was Cradle of Filth.
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 5:11 AM - Quote - Report!

Cobodomhc

well, Guns N' Roses is more of Heavy Metal/ Classic Rock, and Iron Maiden, Judas Preist and Ozzy Osbourne.. My Mother listened to them, and I really liked them, After that I moved into Children Of Bodom and Cradle Of filth, and than from there a variety of bands intro'd in my life. well, Guns N' Roses is more of Heavy Metal/ Classic Rock, and Iron Maiden, Judas Preist and Ozzy Osbourne.. My Mother listened to them, and I really liked them, After that I moved into Children Of Bodom and Cradle Of filth, and than from there a variety of bands intro'd in my life.
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 9:38 PM - Quote - Report!

Wolfsblood138

Metallica's Master of Puppets, got me addicted to thrash. Metallica's Master of Puppets, got me addicted to thrash.
Posted: May 14, 2009 4:04 AM - Quote - Report!

someoneyouknow

the only one i remember is battery by metallica. the only one i remember is battery by metallica.
Posted: May 18, 2009 8:25 PM - Quote - Report!

Echoplex

Drome371 wrote on Aug 17th, 2008 at 6:13pm :
tie with BFMV and Slipknot. Wait and bleed = in tune

*horns*

bfmv = NOT METAL

try gay emo crap
Try metalcore. Get the genres right before you bash. Why do you think the stereotype of metalhead is that they are close-minded?

*horns*

bfmv = NOT METAL

try gay emo crap
Try metalcore. Get the genres right before you bash. Why do you think the stereotype of metalhead is that they are close-minded?
Posted: May 25, 2009 11:25 PM - Quote - Report!

Fireballz 1077

Either Ozzy or 'Tallica. Ozzy- Crazy Train and then my dad kept playing Metallica's self-titled album in the car... I always would get bored on the playground at age 4 and pretend to be in a music video for Sad but True. lol.... Either Ozzy or 'Tallica.

Ozzy- Crazy Train and then my dad kept playing Metallica's self-titled album in the car...

I always would get bored on the playground at age 4 and pretend to be in a music video for Sad but True. lol....
Posted: May 31, 2009 10:50 PM - Quote - Report!

Mikenikes666

Ozzy i remember being in the back seat of my dads old care and crazy train would come on the radio and i knew that was the best music. Ozzy i remember being in the back seat of my dads old care and crazy train would come on the radio and i knew that was the best music.
Posted: Jun 5, 2009 1:17 AM - Quote - Report!

Crazed Shredder

Either AC/DC or Sabbath. Either AC/DC or Sabbath.
Posted: Jun 25, 2009 5:44 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal4themasses

Metallica Sabbath and Megadeth Metallica Sabbath and Megadeth
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 9:38 PM - Quote - Report!

kattaway96

Vanhalen if you consider them Metal, and Judas Priest Vanhalen if you consider them Metal, and Judas Priest
Posted: Jun 28, 2009 6:30 PM - Quote - Report!

thebassman12345

the first metal for me was bullet for my valentine dont hate i think they're good then i started listening to job for a cowboy and other stuff :) the first metal for me was bullet for my valentine
dont hate i think they're good then i started listening to job for a cowboy and other stuff :)
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 7:44 PM - Quote - Report!

asfastasdark

Ozzy... Ozzy...
Posted: Sep 19, 2009 1:51 AM - Quote - Report!

08L1V10N

Muse got me into rock, The Smashing Pumpkins got me into heavy stuff. And finally Sabbath, Metallica and a little later Stratovarius got me into metal Muse got me into rock, The Smashing Pumpkins got me into heavy stuff. And finally Sabbath, Metallica and a little later Stratovarius got me into metal
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 6:06 PM - Quote - Report!

-AnTRaX-

my sister teached me about system of a down, slipknot, rammstein and metallica.
i really liked them and finally i get into metal, but i always search for new metal sounds. ONLY METAL, ALL AROUND.

damn i love metal.

\m/
my sister teached me about system of a down, slipknot, rammstein and metallica. i really liked them and finally i get into metal, but i always search for new metal sounds. ONLY METAL, ALL AROUND. damn i love metal. \m/
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 3:55 PM - Quote - Report!

sherry07

um... it was either Slayer, Megadeth or AC/DC um... it was either Slayer, Megadeth or AC/DC
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 1:38 PM - Quote - Report!

Nirvana00125

For me I'd say either Metallica or Iron MAiden For me I'd say either Metallica or Iron MAiden
Posted: Nov 15, 2009 5:29 AM - Quote - Report!

MetalFan09

Tenacious D - The METAL!! Tenacious D - The METAL!!
Posted: Nov 22, 2009 4:34 PM - Quote - Report!

DIV ON!

ironically CANNIBAL CORPSE when i was searching YOUTUBE ironically CANNIBAL CORPSE when i was searching YOUTUBE
Posted: Dec 8, 2009 5:22 PM - Quote - Report!

RockRolla

Gotta go with Judas Priest,Early Metallica and Iron Maiden Gotta go with Judas Priest,Early Metallica and Iron Maiden
Posted: Dec 16, 2009 4:14 PM - Quote - Report!

Sickhick

Hair metal, I'm sure; but the first real metal I heard was either Moonspell or Cannibal Corpse, on Havoc tv. Hair metal, I'm sure; but the first real metal I heard was either Moonspell or Cannibal Corpse, on Havoc tv.
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 7:47 AM - Quote - Report!

Sickhick

Echoplex wrote on May 25th, 2009 at 6:25pm :

*horns*

bfmv = NOT METAL

try gay emo crap
Try metalcore. Get the genres right before you bash. Why do you think the stereotype of metalhead is that they are close-minded?

We're not closed-minded. We just don't like emo kids impersonating metalheads.
[QUOTE u='Echoplex' d='2009-05-25 18:25:20']

*horns*

bfmv = NOT METAL

try gay emo crap
Try metalcore. Get the genres right before you bash. Why do you think the stereotype of metalhead is that they are close-minded?[/QUOTE] We're not closed-minded. We just don't like emo kids impersonating metalheads.
Posted: Dec 23, 2009 7:50 AM - Quote - Report!

SamMetalGuitar

Godsmack Godsmack
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 9:41 PM - Quote - Report!

Crazed Shredder

Demon Hunter is the first metal band I've heard Demon Hunter is the first metal band I've heard
Posted: Mar 23, 2010 10:57 PM - Quote - Report!

rg_metal

Black Sabbath and Pantera as well as Metallica... but I really remember Pantera the most in terms of influence... cowboys from hell to be specific Black Sabbath and Pantera as well as Metallica... but I really remember Pantera the most in terms of influence... cowboys from hell to be specific
Posted: Apr 10, 2010 9:45 AM - Quote - Report!

Sakke

6Slay6tanic6 wrote on Jan 30th, 2008 at 11:08am :
Iron Maiden

All the way!

Same here. Although,I rarely listen to Maiden nowadays..
[QUOTE u='6Slay6tanic6' d='2008-01-30 11:08:20']Iron Maiden

All the way![/QUOTE] Same here. Although,I rarely listen to Maiden nowadays..
Posted: Aug 20, 2010 9:12 PM - Quote - Report!

megan9987

Do you mean the first Metal band I listened to? Or the first Metal band that I heard growing up?

My dad always listened to Hair Metal, then I got into Hair Metal, then I got into Metallica, and I always heard some like Pantera, Job For A Cowboy, and like Disturbed from my sister like 3 years ago. And I just got into it I guess xD
Do you mean the first Metal band I listened to? Or the first Metal band that I heard growing up? My dad always listened to Hair Metal, then I got into Hair Metal, then I got into Metallica, and I always heard some like Pantera, Job For A Cowboy, and like Disturbed from my sister like 3 years ago. And I just got into it I guess xD
Posted: Sep 3, 2010 3:19 PM - Quote - Report!

imsquishy

Sabaton was my first real liking then i found iron maiden and bullet for my valentne and more death metal.... Sabaton was my first real liking then i found iron maiden and bullet for my valentne and more death metal....
Posted: Sep 4, 2010 10:11 PM - Quote - Report!

zeppdc

Metallica man! just saw metallica 2 days ago shit it was good! best day ever! Metallica man! just saw metallica 2 days ago shit it was good! best day ever!
Posted: Sep 18, 2010 6:06 AM - Quote - Report!

simba1312

One by Metallica. One by Metallica.
Posted: Oct 21, 2010 2:24 PM - Quote - Report!

adamiski

uhh... Ive been into into AC/DC since I was five, started to notice Led Zeppelin and Thin Lizzy when I was about 8, and Motrhead at 10. Then Metallica via Motrhead... so first METAL band... SLAYER! uhh... Ive been into into AC/DC since I was five, started to notice Led Zeppelin and Thin Lizzy when I was about 8, and Motrhead at 10. Then Metallica via Motrhead... so first METAL band... SLAYER!
Posted: Oct 22, 2010 6:56 PM - Quote - Report!

Lil dimebag

Umm... i first heard crazy train by ozzy ousbourne with randy rhoads..but the very first metal band that actually had an impact on me was METALLICA and then PANTERA! Umm... i first heard crazy train by ozzy ousbourne with randy rhoads..but the very first metal band that actually had an impact on me was METALLICA and then PANTERA!
Posted: Feb 11, 2011 7:28 PM - Quote - Report!

Jouniboy

METALLICA And Soon After That SODOM
METALLICA And Soon After That  SODOM
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 8:58 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand