The Metallica Fan Club

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Download a different tune..

kr46

I have yet again just watched a media frenzied take on how Metallica killed Napster...well listen GET F**KIN REAL ,,ripping off peoples material without their permission is not just illegal but kills music...how would most people feel here if i made a cd out of all your mp3's and sold them without your permission and didn't even offer you a reach around, i guess you'd be pissed huh?.

It was a case brought to the courts by many artists just wanting some sort of protection for their art (dr Dre was the first btw)..shit imagine yourself working on a tune for 5 weeks and i come along and steal it in 30 seconds it would sting.

Doing this kills music because the artist stops touring and playing live,,stops releasing new tunes or ups the cost of their music due to falling revenue...i have had this myself, while in a band we had a fanbase who used to buy our cd's after the gig, that paid for the van,strings,breakages,booze e.t.c and it was pretty cool too.. that all stopped when the mobile phone started to get better and people just recorded us live,,i was in a club not playing that night and a dude says to me "hey listen to these guys" he played it through his phone and it was my band...shit he even offered to bluetooth it to me..thats why i love U.G no strings attached (sorry).

Metallica got on board against Napster to give some weight to the issue...now mega groups like them and alike can afford to lose a few bucks probably but people like me and you ..well thats a different matter and i feel that they had the balls to stick up for us...and to watch the idiots who smashed and burnt their albums effected the band,that shit happened with books in germany in the ww2 didn't it?.

When i pass a busker in the street at least i have the manners to throw a few coins in his hat...keep music alive...peace.

I have yet again just watched a media frenzied take on how Metallica killed Napster...well listen GET F**KIN REAL ,,ripping off peoples material without their permission is not just illegal but kills music...how would most people feel here if i made a cd out of all your mp3's and sold them without your permission and didn't even offer you a reach around, i guess you'd be pissed huh?.

It was a case brought to the courts by many artists just wanting some sort of protection for their art (dr Dre was the first btw)..shit imagine yourself working on a tune for 5 weeks and i come along and steal it in 30 seconds it would sting.

Doing this kills music because the artist stops touring and playing live,,stops releasing new tunes or ups the cost of their music due to falling revenue...i have had this myself, while in a band we had a fanbase who used to buy our cd's after the gig, that paid for the  van,strings,breakages,booze e.t.c and it was pretty cool too.. that all stopped when the mobile phone started to get better and people just recorded us live,,i was in a club not playing that night and a dude says to me  "hey listen to these guys" he played it through his phone and it was my band...shit he even offered to bluetooth it to me..thats why i love U.G no strings attached (sorry).

Metallica got on board against Napster to give some weight to the issue...now mega groups like them and alike can afford to lose a few bucks probably but people like me and you ..well thats a different matter and i feel that they had the balls to stick up for us...and to watch the idiots who smashed and burnt their albums effected the band,that shit happened with books in germany in the ww2 didn't it?.

When i pass a busker in the street at least i have the manners to throw a few coins in his hat...keep music alive...peace.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 1:32 PM - Quote - Report!

0GibsonLesPaul0

speak it! speak it!
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 9:34 PM - Quote - Report!

maetallica

It is so important that we keep the music scene alive, locally and otherwise. I will have to admit that I have downloaded music, but I buy the cd's too. I just like having it in my hands. It will never expire and never give me problems. I just love music on so many levels. I'll be the first in line at any concert! It is so important that we keep the music scene alive, locally and otherwise. I will have to admit that I have downloaded music, but I buy the cd's too. I just like having it in my hands. It will never expire and never give me problems. I just love music on so many levels. I'll be the first in line at any concert!
Posted: Apr 3, 2009 5:46 AM - Quote - Report!

Andragon

Blah blah blah. Sharing will always be there whether the industry likes it or not. FYI, bands make very little from each sold CD. Bout 10% of the retail price, sometimes less depending on your label. It's all bout the gigs and merch. Blah blah blah. Sharing will always be there whether the industry likes it or not. FYI, bands make very little from each sold CD. Bout 10% of the retail price, sometimes less depending on your label. It's all bout the gigs and merch.
Posted: May 14, 2009 7:24 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand