UG's Nervous Shitbags

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Your biggest issue of all

Violet Addler

So what is your biggest problem in you life right now? Try to be specific and honest, and we'll all try to help!

So what is your biggest problem in you life right now? Try to be specific and honest, and we'll all try to help!

Posted: May 13, 2008 2:25 AM - Quote - Report!

mr freezy

Getting a girlfriend still lol. I got my drugs and rock 'n roll, I want my sex! Getting a girlfriend still lol. I got my drugs and rock 'n roll, I want my sex!
Posted: May 13, 2008 8:32 PM - Quote - Report!

_-Joey-_

mr freezy wrote on May 13th, 2008 at 3:32pm :
Getting a girlfriend still lol. I got my drugs and rock 'n roll, I want my sex!

LMFAO!!!!

theres still two girls i like & i also feel as though im failing most my GSCE's & feel as though im starting to fail as a guitarist =( =[ =(

LMFAO!!!!

theres still two girls i like & i also feel as though im failing most my GSCE's & feel as though im starting to fail as a guitarist =( =[ =(
Posted: May 14, 2008 7:50 PM - Quote - Report!

ECwomantoneman

_-Joey-_ wrote on May 14th, 2008 at 2:50pm :

LMFAO!!!!

Weird, pretty much same situation here man, though as far as the two girls go I have kind of let one of them down gently, it never was that serious to begin with (I found out some guy from the year above was interested in her so I just started flirting with her for the lulz factor and to stir things up a little ;) ) I quite like this other girl though, although not so much that my view is blinkered and that I get all worked up being near her, I just feel...good about her, that's all :)

As for exams, argh, my Highers start tomorrow :sad:
_-Joey-_ wrote on May 14th, 2008 at 2:50pm :

LMFAO!!!!

Weird, pretty much same situation here man, though as far as the two girls go I have kind of let one of them down gently, it never was that serious to begin with (I found out some guy from the year above was interested in her so I just started flirting with her for the lulz factor and to stir things up a little ;) ) I quite like this other girl though, although not so much that my view is blinkered and that I get all worked up being near her, I just feel...good about her, that's all :)

As for exams, argh, my Highers start tomorrow :sad:
Posted: May 14, 2008 10:04 PM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

Not freezing up.
I think I have positively fucked myself over properly and truly now.
(excuse my French.)
Not freezing up.
I think I have positively fucked myself over properly and truly now.
(excuse my French.)
Posted: May 15, 2008 6:11 PM - Quote - Report!

hazzmatazz

I get embarrased to easily, I'm self conscious, I'm quiet, the list goes on... I get embarrased to easily, I'm self conscious, I'm quiet, the list goes on...
Posted: May 15, 2008 10:17 PM - Quote - Report!

Violet Addler

^That's me. ^That's me.
Posted: May 17, 2008 3:00 AM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

hazzmatazz wrote on May 15th, 2008 at 5:17pm :
I get embarrased to easily, I'm self conscious, I'm quiet, the list goes on...

But would you rather be loud and abnoxious?
I find with quiet people like myself, other people find out about you by gradually chipping away :) unlike loud people.

I find with quiet people like myself, other people find out about you by gradually chipping away :) unlike loud people.
Posted: May 17, 2008 9:23 PM - Quote - Report!

ECwomantoneman

joeymaxx wrote on May 17th, 2008 at 4:23pm :

Agreed, cliched as it may sound, but there is a lot of truth to "still waters run deep."

Being quiet but in a thoughful way is how I've always been...I'd prefer standing on a mountain top taking in the stunning beauty around me and just reflecting rather than getting hammered and being loud all the time. Yah alright I do a bit of that too on the odd occasion but I couldnae bear it all the time. :p:

Agreed, cliched as it may sound, but there is a lot of truth to "still waters run deep."

Being quiet but in a thoughful way is how I've always been...I'd prefer standing on a mountain top taking in the stunning beauty around me and just reflecting rather than getting hammered and being loud all the time. Yah alright I do a bit of that too on the odd occasion but I couldnae bear it all the time. :p:
Posted: May 18, 2008 1:02 AM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

ECwomantoneman wrote on May 17th, 2008 at 8:02pm :

wow, that's a great metaphor, *steals* :)
ECwomantoneman wrote on May 17th, 2008 at 8:02pm :

wow, that's a great metaphor, *steals* :)
Posted: May 18, 2008 2:16 PM - Quote - Report!

mr freezy

Its getting a bit stupid now, I'm becoming obsessed with this one girl, and I can't even speak around her, let alone to her. Its getting a bit stupid now, I'm becoming obsessed with this one girl, and I can't even speak around her, let alone to her.
Posted: May 24, 2008 12:14 PM - Quote - Report!

ECwomantoneman

Well a good way of taking her off that unreachable pedestal is to remind yourself she shits, farts and burps like any other human being.

Hope that helps :p
Well a good way of taking her off that unreachable pedestal is to remind yourself she shits, farts and burps like any other human being.

Posted: May 25, 2008 1:08 PM - Quote - Report!

_-Joey-_

ECwomantoneman wrote on May 25th, 2008 at 8:08am :

that made me LOL

(first, & probably, last time i've said that)
[QUOTE u='ECwomantoneman' d='2008-05-25 08:08:20']Well a good way of taking her off that unreachable pedestal is to remind yourself she shits, farts and burps like any other human being.

Hope that helps :p[/QUOTE]

that made me LOL

(first, & probably, last time i've said that)
Posted: May 25, 2008 7:30 PM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

mr freezy wrote on May 24th, 2008 at 7:14am :
Its getting a bit stupid now, I'm becoming obsessed with this one girl, and I can't even speak around her, let alone to her.

I was/am still like that. She's in the year below at school, Friday was my last official day. So I made sure she signed my shirt first :) I was proud of myself.
[QUOTE u='mr freezy' d='2008-05-24 07:14:04']Its getting a bit stupid now, I'm becoming obsessed with this one girl, and I can't even speak around her, let alone to her.[/QUOTE]
I was/am still like that. She's in the year below at school, Friday was my last official day. So I made sure she signed my shirt first :) I was proud of myself.
Posted: May 26, 2008 8:08 PM - Quote - Report!

mr freezy

I don't think she even likes me. I know she dosen't dislike me, but we don't really talk enough. I don't think she even likes me. I know she dosen't dislike me, but we don't really talk enough.
Posted: May 28, 2008 12:44 PM - Quote - Report!

ECwomantoneman

Well, just chat to her, get a better feel for what she is like, what makes her click.

I hate it but I inadvertantly psychoanalyse everyone "interesting" that I meet. :sad:
Well, just chat to her, get a better feel for what she is like, what makes her click.

I hate it but I inadvertantly psychoanalyse everyone "interesting" that I meet. :sad:
Posted: May 28, 2008 4:13 PM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

ECwomantoneman wrote on May 28th, 2008 at 11:13am :

I hope I'm not interesting :)
That's not a bad thing, it's nice to know, or at least think you know somebody.
I'm terrible when it comes to talking to people I don't know, I mean terrible.
[QUOTE u='ECwomantoneman' d='2008-05-28 11:13:15']Well, just chat to her, get a better feel for what she is like, what makes her click.

I hate it but I inadvertantly psychoanalyse everyone "interesting" that I meet. :sad:[/QUOTE]
I hope I'm not interesting :)
That's not a bad thing, it's nice to know, or at least think you know somebody.
I'm terrible when it comes to talking to people I don't know, I mean terrible.
Posted: May 28, 2008 9:25 PM - Quote - Report!

Violet Addler

ECwomantoneman wrote on May 28th, 2008 at 11:13am :

I annoy myself with how often I do that. I do it to EVERYONE.
[QUOTE u='ECwomantoneman' d='2008-05-28 11:13:15']Well, just chat to her, get a better feel for what she is like, what makes her click.

I hate it but I inadvertantly psychoanalyse everyone "interesting" that I meet. :sad:[/QUOTE]

I annoy myself with how often I do that. I do it to EVERYONE.
Posted: May 28, 2008 10:07 PM - Quote - Report!

ECwomantoneman

Lol sometimes it can be quite interesting, particularly if the person is quite complex...for instance, a girl I knew and once liked a lot (it was never a happy liking though, and I think I still do like her, I'm pretty confused about it)

When I met her I was instantly drawn to her, for what reason I did't know. We started chatting once in a while and although we were never "friends" so to speak we were friendly I guess. Anyway, whilst she was friendly and cheerful with everyone, I always felt a kind of sadness, well moreso anxiety, deep down in her that I just totally recognised and could relate to...I ended up liking her like mad, I didn't understand at the time, but now I think it was kind of a desire to protect her because I recognised that feeling of vulnerability. Shit, that is way deep and heavy but it has made me learn a lot about myself.

And although my common sense says she ain't worth it and a relationship between two incredibly unstable people would be incredibly unhealthy, I still have this niggling liking for her
Lol sometimes it can be quite interesting, particularly if the person is quite complex...for instance, a girl I knew and once liked a lot (it was never a happy liking though, and I think I still do like her, I'm pretty confused about it)

When I met her I was instantly drawn to her, for what reason I did't know. We started chatting once in a while and although we were never "friends" so to speak we were friendly I guess. Anyway, whilst she was friendly and cheerful with everyone, I always felt a kind of sadness, well moreso anxiety, deep down in her that I just totally recognised and could relate to...I ended up liking her like mad, I didn't understand at the time, but now I think it was kind of a desire to protect her because I recognised that feeling of vulnerability. Shit, that is way deep and heavy but it has made me learn a lot about myself.

And although my common sense says she ain't worth it and a relationship between two incredibly unstable people would be incredibly unhealthy, I still have this niggling liking for her
Posted: May 29, 2008 12:49 AM - Quote - Report!

Violet Addler

Hm.

I definitely know what you mean here. I would say it's best just to let it go, but seeing as I know EXACTLY what kind of situation you are in, I won't, because I know it's not that easy.

Nothing ever is. Perhaps two sad, unstable people can somehow help eachother recover?
Hm.

I definitely know what you mean here. I would say it's best just to let it go, but seeing as I know EXACTLY what kind of situation you are in, I won't, because I know it's not that easy.

Nothing ever is. Perhaps two sad, unstable people can somehow help eachother recover?
Posted: May 29, 2008 6:52 PM - Quote - Report!

ECwomantoneman

Hmm, dunno bout recovery, it has "disaster" written all over it! :haha: There is another girl I like who is totally different, she is fun to be around and we get on great. She's more like the last "serious" girlfriend I had rather than this other girl who has all these issues, I feel she is someone I could really get to like. But I liked a girl like girl-with-issues before, and I think she represents more of an unhealthy risk than anything else. :( Hmm, dunno bout recovery, it has "disaster" written all over it! :haha: There is another girl I like who is totally different, she is fun to be around and we get on great. She's more like the last "serious" girlfriend I had rather than this other girl who has all these issues, I feel she is someone I could really get to like. But I liked a girl like girl-with-issues before, and I think she represents more of an unhealthy risk than anything else. :(
Posted: May 29, 2008 8:35 PM - Quote - Report!

Violet Addler

Wow. So do you think maybe instead of looking for girls and trying to figure out who you like more and all, maybe you should just take a break for a while? Wow. So do you think maybe instead of looking for girls and trying to figure out who you like more and all, maybe you should just take a break for a while?
Posted: May 29, 2008 11:36 PM - Quote - Report!

ECwomantoneman

Lol no I wasn't looking for a girlfriend, the two of us just started chatting and the like a couple of weeks ago, by which time I (well thought at least) was over girl-with-issues and I was content just going with the flow. If it doesn't work out with the girl-who-is-ok (damn, protecting privacy is a drag :p) then I won't be hugely bothered about it, I'm just enjoying the moment and if something happens then it will be nice, but I ain't throwing everything into that metaphorical basket ever again :) Well, not any time soon. Lol no I wasn't looking for a girlfriend, the two of us just started chatting and the like a couple of weeks ago, by which time I (well thought at least) was over girl-with-issues and I was content just going with the flow. If it doesn't work out with the girl-who-is-ok (damn, protecting privacy is a drag :p) then I won't be hugely bothered about it, I'm just enjoying the moment and if something happens then it will be nice, but I ain't throwing everything into that metaphorical basket ever again :) Well, not any time soon.
Posted: May 30, 2008 6:10 PM - Quote - Report!

-Collapse-

I have a couple of major problems that go hand in hand.
These are the ones I can think of right now.

#1: I have zero self esteem.
I try to be positive, but I always feels sub-par to other people.
This of course makes me always think I could never have a chance with any girl I like, whether they show interest first or not. I always convince myself they're just being nice in a friendly way.

#2: I have horrible anxiety.
Any time I have to do anything infront of an audience, I shake uncontrollably.
Even if I'm not nervous, and I know exactly what I'm doing, I shake just knowing eyes are on me.
Even something as simple as trying an amp in guitar center makes me forget all the songs I know and play like shit, even though the volume is barely cracked and I can barely hear myself a foot or two from the amp.

#3: I over-think everything.
My thoughts rush by so fast and I see things from so many different angles I tend to over-think simple things in everything I do, which usually leads to some horrible conclusions that usually involve me having no hope in the matter.

This of course makes me always think I could never have a chance with any girl I like, whether they show interest first or not. I always convince myself they're just being nice in a friendly way.

Even if I'm not nervous, and I know exactly what I'm doing, I shake just knowing eyes are on me.
Even something as simple as trying an amp in guitar center makes me forget all the songs I know and play like shit, even though the volume is barely cracked and I can barely hear myself a foot or two from the amp.

My thoughts rush by so fast and I see things from so many different angles I tend to over-think simple things in everything I do, which usually leads to some horrible conclusions that usually involve me having no hope in the matter.
Posted: Jun 6, 2008 3:03 AM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

-Collapse- wrote on Jun 5th, 2008 at 10:03pm :

You sir, are me.
[QUOTE u='-Collapse-' d='2008-06-05 22:03:23']I have a couple of major problems that go hand in hand.

My thoughts rush by so fast and I see things from so many different angles I tend to over-think simple things in everything I do, which usually leads to some horrible conclusions that usually involve me having no hope in the matter.[/QUOTE]

You sir, are me.
Posted: Jun 6, 2008 9:11 PM - Quote - Report!

Violet Addler

Me as well. God, there's so MANY of us! We are everywhere. I never stopped to think-perhaps while we are dealing with these issues, there's anoth Me as well. God, there's so MANY of us! We are everywhere. I never stopped to think-perhaps while we are dealing with these issues, there's anoth
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 2:17 AM - Quote - Report!

Violet Addler

fuck, I messed that up.

I was saying-

another person standing right next to us dealing with the same thing. Everyones fucked up. Everyone.
fuck, I messed that up.

I was saying-

another person standing right next to us dealing with the same thing. Everyones fucked up. Everyone.
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 2:18 AM - Quote - Report!

ECwomantoneman

Yeah, very true. Although saying everyone's "fucked up" is a bit grim ain't it? :p I'd say "has issues" but whatever works for you I guess :p

And I do the amp-turned-to-0-in-a-music-shop thing as well :( I end up kinda hunched over the guitar and really self conscious :mad:

But when I turn the amp up loud, as in feel-the air-hitting-your-chest-but-annoy-other-people loud I actually feel quite good about my playing :)
Yeah, very true. Although saying everyone's "fucked up" is a bit grim ain't it? :p I'd say "has issues" but whatever works for you I guess :p

And I do the amp-turned-to-0-in-a-music-shop thing as well :( I end up kinda hunched over the guitar and really self conscious :mad:

But when I turn the amp up loud, as in feel-the air-hitting-your-chest-but-annoy-other-people loud I actually feel quite good about my playing :)
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 12:18 PM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

Violet Addler wrote on Jun 6th, 2008 at 9:18pm :
fuck, I messed that up.

I was saying-

wow, I never thought about it like that, a bit selfish of me I suppose.
[QUOTE u='Violet Addler' d='2008-06-06 21:18:41']fuck, I messed that up.

I was saying-

another person standing right next to us dealing with the same thing. Everyones fucked up. Everyone.[/QUOTE]
wow, I never thought about it like that, a bit selfish of me I suppose.
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 10:18 PM - Quote - Report!

Violet Addler

I do it because it helps sometimes. I'm like, "Maybe I'm not the most fucked up person here. MAybe this checkout guy here is."

Probably just trying to convince myself of something.
I do it because it helps sometimes. I'm like, "Maybe I'm not the most fucked up person here. MAybe this checkout guy here is."

Probably just trying to convince myself of something.
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 3:26 PM - Quote - Report!

ECwomantoneman

Lol yeah, no matter how crap you may feel there will always be someone a lot worse off than yourself. I'm just grateful that I can live a normal life, not have to live in a fractured household or a drug and crime ridden neighbourhood etc. :) Lol yeah, no matter how crap you may feel there will always be someone a lot worse off than yourself. I'm just grateful that I can live a normal life, not have to live in a fractured household or a drug and crime ridden neighbourhood etc. :)
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 6:45 PM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

ECwomantoneman wrote on Jun 21st, 2008 at 1:45pm :
Lol yeah, no matter how crap you may feel there will always be someone a lot worse off than yourself. I'm just grateful that I can live a normal life, not have to live in a fractured household or a drug and crime ridden neighbourhood etc. :)

'There's always a silver lining.'
ECwomantoneman wrote on Jun 21st, 2008 at 1:45pm :
Lol yeah, no matter how crap you may feel there will always be someone a lot worse off than yourself. I'm just grateful that I can live a normal life, not have to live in a fractured household or a drug and crime ridden neighbourhood etc. :)

'There's always a silver lining.'
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 11:22 AM - Quote - Report!

Violet Addler

That is so right Mike. Seriously, there's always someone worse off than yourself. Always.

Sometimes it's hard to find that goddamn silver lining though. Like today, for example. I can't see one at all.
That is so right Mike. Seriously, there's always someone worse off than yourself. Always.

Sometimes it's hard to find that goddamn silver lining though. Like today, for example. I can't see one at all.
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 12:55 AM - Quote - Report!

ECwomantoneman

Yup, there's always days like that, but the days you can see it make up for those that you can't :) Yup, there's always days like that, but the days you can see it make up for those that you can't :)
Posted: Jun 28, 2008 9:41 PM - Quote - Report!

Drome371

that's pretty much how i feel, like the other day my friend was playing an acoustic guitar at school and they handed it to me and said "show us what u can play" and it felt like i just forgot everything i knew how to do...
[QUOTE u='-Collapse-' d='2008-06-05 22:03:23']I have a couple of major problems that go hand in hand.

My thoughts rush by so fast and I see things from so many different angles I tend to over-think simple things in everything I do, which usually leads to some horrible conclusions that usually involve me having no hope in the matter.[/QUOTE]
that's pretty much how i feel, like the other day my friend was playing an acoustic guitar at school and they handed it to me and said "show us what u can play" and it felt like i just forgot everything i knew how to do...
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 6:09 PM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

Drome371 wrote on Jul 1st, 2008 at 1:09pm :

I'm like that at guitar shops, lowest volume possible, playing generic blues. :(
[QUOTE u='Drome371' d='2008-07-01 13:09:44'][QUOTE u='-Collapse-' d='2008-06-05 22:03:23']I have a couple of major problems that go hand in hand.

that's pretty much how i feel, like the other day my friend was playing an acoustic guitar at school and they handed it to me and said "show us what u can play" and it felt like i just forgot everything i knew how to do...[/QUOTE]I'm like that at guitar shops, lowest volume possible, playing generic blues. :(
Posted: Jul 2, 2008 4:39 PM - Quote - Report!

ECwomantoneman

joeymaxx wrote on Jul 2nd, 2008 at 11:39am :
I'm like that at guitar shops, lowest volume possible, playing generic blues. :(

:haha: me in a nutshell, albeit I'm a lot more sloppy and...well, crap :haha:
[QUOTE u='joeymaxx' d='2008-07-02 11:39:40']I'm like that at guitar shops, lowest volume possible, playing generic blues. :([/QUOTE]

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 6:24 PM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

ECwomantoneman wrote on Jul 2nd, 2008 at 1:24pm :
joeymaxx wrote on Jul 2nd, 2008 at 11:39am :

Butt, you've a sexy guitar :D
[QUOTE u='ECwomantoneman' d='2008-07-02 13:24:50'][QUOTE u='joeymaxx' d='2008-07-02 11:39:40']I'm like that at guitar shops, lowest volume possible, playing generic blues. :([/QUOTE]

:haha: me in a nutshell, albeit I'm a lot more sloppy and...well, crap :haha:[/QUOTE]
Butt, you've a sexy guitar :D
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 5:40 PM - Quote - Report!

hazzmatazz

I've found recently that one of biggest problems is commitment. Even stuff like just doing homework I find hard to commit to, and to properly practice guitar as opposed to just pissing around with effects. Don't even get me started on relationships, they fail miserably :(. I've found recently that one of biggest problems is commitment. Even stuff like just doing homework I find hard to commit to, and to properly practice guitar as opposed to just pissing around with effects. Don't even get me started on relationships, they fail miserably :(.
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 11:53 PM - Quote - Report!

aaronob

I have many but right now the one Im focusing on most is passing my license test. I failed the first time because I was too nervous and too cautious and I really need to get over that and pass before school starts. I have many but right now the one Im focusing on most is passing my license test. I failed the first time because I was too nervous and too cautious and I really need to get over that and pass before school starts.
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 9:25 PM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

hazzmatazz wrote on Aug 5th, 2008 at 6:53pm :
I've found recently that one of biggest problems is commitment. Even stuff like just doing homework I find hard to commit to, and to properly practice guitar as opposed to just pissing around with effects. Don't even get me started on relationships, they fail miserably :(.

I never seriously practice, I'm not a 'do scales at 276 BPM for 76 minutes' kind of person. It ruins guitar for me.

aaronob wrote on Aug 11th, 2008 at 4:25pm :
I have many but right now the one Im focusing on most is passing my license test. I failed the first time because I was too nervous and too cautious and I really need to get over that and pass before school starts.

Just relax yourself, keep in your head, 'If I don't just relax I'll be back here over again, so I might aswell be relaxed now'

Good luck my friend.
[QUOTE u='hazzmatazz' d='2008-08-05 18:53:43']I've found recently that one of biggest problems is commitment. Even stuff like just doing homework I find hard to commit to, and to properly practice guitar as opposed to just pissing around with effects. Don't even get me started on relationships, they fail miserably :(.[/QUOTE]
I never seriously practice, I'm not a 'do scales at 276 BPM for 76 minutes' kind of person. It ruins guitar for me.

[QUOTE u='aaronob' d='2008-08-11 16:25:52']I have many but right now the one Im focusing on most is passing my license test. I failed the first time because I was too nervous and too cautious and I really need to get over that and pass before school starts.[/QUOTE]

Just relax yourself, keep in your head, 'If I don't just relax I'll be back here over again, so I might aswell be relaxed now'

Good luck my friend.
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 8:49 PM - Quote - Report!

Zaphod_Beeblebr

These two are me all over, plus the fact that I have a very bleak outlook on life right now due to having no g/f, no job, no band and there's been a couple of deaths in the family recently.

All my friends have moved away for various reasons over the past few years and the one girl I thought I had a chance with confuses me no end; when we actually do see each other we talk about just random crap for hours and it feels natural and great but then at other times the whole thing just seems so strained because she's always busy so we haven't actually been on a date yet. But then I think that maybe she's just humoring me until I get bored and stop asking...this may be true or it may be #3 from above coming into play, I have no idea.

Oh, and I haven't gotten laid in like 8 months which is just annoying. Sex isn't that important to me in relationship terms but it's really depressing none the less; kind of makes me feel like there isn't anything to like about me physically.

Strangely enough though I have no problem playing guitar in front of a crowd, I get nervous and sweaty playing in shops but in a group in front of a load of people it just feels great...I wish I could do that more often...

These two are me all over, plus the fact that I have a very bleak outlook on life right now due to having no g/f, no job, no band and there's been a couple of deaths in the family recently.

All my friends have moved away for various reasons over the past few years and the one girl I thought I had a chance with confuses me no end; when we actually do see each other we talk about just random crap for hours and it feels natural and great but then at other times the whole thing just seems so strained because she's always busy so we haven't actually been on a date yet. But then I think that maybe she's just humoring me until I get bored and stop asking...this may be true or it may be #3 from above coming into play, I have no idea.

Oh, and I haven't gotten laid in like 8 months which is just annoying. Sex isn't that important to me in relationship terms but it's really depressing none the less; kind of makes me feel like there isn't anything to like about me physically.

Strangely enough though I have no problem playing guitar in front of a crowd, I get nervous and sweaty playing in shops but in a group in front of a load of people it just feels great...I wish I could do that more often...
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 5:59 PM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

Zaphod_Beeblebr wrote on Oct 14th, 2008 at 12:59pm :

And you sir, are me all over.
I can play guitar infront of a big croud, but one person makes me speechless.
:(
[QUOTE u='Zaphod_Beeblebr' d='2008-10-14 12:59:01'][QUOTE u='-Collapse-' d='2008-06-05 22:03:23']I have a couple of major problems that go hand in hand.

Strangely enough though I have no problem playing guitar in front of a crowd, I get nervous and sweaty playing in shops but in a group in front of a load of people it just feels great...I wish I could do that more often...[/QUOTE]
And you sir, are me all over.
I can play guitar infront of a big croud, but one person makes me speechless.
:(
Posted: Oct 15, 2008 7:38 PM - Quote - Report!

metaldud536

Right now would be trying to get a job. I just don't see how someone can rely on me, a guy with no job experience. But I apply anyways. I also have another speech to do and I remember my last one went well but I had to basically cover up the fact that I was really nervous and sick to my stomach before it was my turn. Not fun at all. Right now would be trying to get a job. I just don't see how someone can rely on me, a guy with no job experience. But I apply anyways. I also have another speech to do and I remember my last one went well but I had to basically cover up the fact that I was really nervous and sick to my stomach before it was my turn. Not fun at all.
Posted: Nov 2, 2008 8:50 PM - Quote - Report!

Zaphod_Beeblebr

metaldud536 wrote on Nov 2nd, 2008 at 3:50pm :
Right now would be trying to get a job. I just don't see how someone can rely on me, a guy with no job experience. But I apply anyways. I also have another speech to do and I remember my last one went well but I had to basically cover up the fact that I was really nervous and sick to my stomach before it was my turn. Not fun at all.

Yeah, getting a job at the minute is seriously hard, especially if you're looking for a relatively low-level position but you have to keep trying dude; you'll get there sooner or later.

And the whole speech thing is just a matter of doing it as many times as you can, the whole nervous thing is something that gets easier every time you do it so the more you do things like that (speaking in public, playing guitar in front of a crowd yadda yadda yadda) the less nervous you'll be. Or at least you'll find ways to deal with it, lol.
[QUOTE u='metaldud536' d='2008-11-02 15:50:17']Right now would be trying to get a job. I just don't see how someone can rely on me, a guy with no job experience. But I apply anyways. I also have another speech to do and I remember my last one went well but I had to basically cover up the fact that I was really nervous and sick to my stomach before it was my turn. Not fun at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, getting a job at the minute is seriously hard, especially if you're looking for a relatively low-level position but you have to keep trying dude; you'll get there sooner or later.

And the whole speech thing is just a matter of doing it as many times as you can, the whole nervous thing is something that gets easier every time you do it so the more you do things like that (speaking in public, playing guitar in front of a crowd yadda yadda yadda) the less nervous you'll be. Or at least you'll find ways to deal with it, lol.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:19 PM - Quote - Report!

metaldud536

Zaphod_Beeblebr wrote on Nov 5th, 2008 at 6:19pm :

Yesh. I know experience helps but there's not much opportunities to practice and when there is, I hesistate. Anyways my plan is to start taking walks/jogs around this park near my house. Gonna need some head phones for my mp3 player.
[QUOTE u='Zaphod_Beeblebr' d='2008-11-05 18:19:39']

And the whole speech thing is just a matter of doing it as many times as you can, the whole nervous thing is something that gets easier every time you do it so the more you do things like that (speaking in public, playing guitar in front of a crowd yadda yadda yadda) the less nervous you'll be. Or at least you'll find ways to deal with it, lol.[/QUOTE]
Yesh. I know experience helps but there's not much opportunities to practice and when there is, I hesistate. Anyways my plan is to start taking walks/jogs around this park near my house. Gonna need some head phones for my mp3 player.
Posted: Nov 12, 2008 7:09 PM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

metaldud536 wrote on Nov 12th, 2008 at 2:09pm :
Zaphod_Beeblebr wrote on Nov 5th, 2008 at 6:19pm :

Good plan, and hopefully, you might bump into a few people whilst jogging/walking, that'll help too.
All the best.
[QUOTE u='metaldud536' d='2008-11-12 14:09:24'][QUOTE u='Zaphod_Beeblebr' d='2008-11-05 18:19:39']

And the whole speech thing is just a matter of doing it as many times as you can, the whole nervous thing is something that gets easier every time you do it so the more you do things like that (speaking in public, playing guitar in front of a crowd yadda yadda yadda) the less nervous you'll be. Or at least you'll find ways to deal with it, lol.[/QUOTE]
Yesh. I know experience helps but there's not much opportunities to practice and when there is, I hesistate. Anyways my plan is to start taking walks/jogs around this park near my house. Gonna need some head phones for my mp3 player.[/QUOTE]
Good plan, and hopefully, you might bump into a few people whilst jogging/walking, that'll help too.
All the best.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 11:10 PM - Quote - Report!

XmydyingheartX

I'm way to self-conscious...and I find it hard talking to new people :/ I'm way to self-conscious...and I find it hard talking to new people :/
Posted: Nov 27, 2008 8:54 PM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

XmydyingheartX wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 at 3:54pm :
I'm way to self-conscious...and I find it hard talking to new people :/

Me too, I recently just joined a sixth form over here, and because I joined from another school people already have their friendship groups. But we can try our best. :)
[QUOTE u='XmydyingheartX' d='2008-11-27 15:54:53']I'm way to self-conscious...and I find it hard talking to new people :/[/QUOTE]
Me too, I recently just joined a sixth form over here, and because I joined from another school people already have their friendship groups. But we can try our best. :)
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 3:20 PM - Quote - Report!

sglover34479

Basically my weight, and appearance, which I would be happier about if i wasn't so heavy. I'm working on it, but it is a big insecurity of mine. Basically my weight, and appearance, which I would be happier about if i wasn't so heavy. I'm working on it, but it is a big insecurity of mine.
Posted: May 22, 2009 3:39 PM - Quote - Report!

DollSteak

Everything sucks for me now: - i loved a guy for like 10 yrs and now he got befriended with perfet blonde doll. and he knew her a week ago. - i discovered i'm epileptic and i got a slight Asperger's too - going to school has become a nightmare: everytime i see the sme old face i wanna cry - i become so anxious that i can't even play videogames anymore cause during fights my hands are shaking. - i never looked so bad since ages: i've always been pretty ugly but now people barely recognise as a boy or a girl. - can't go to church anymore. I'm tired :( Everything sucks for me now:
- i loved a guy for like 10 yrs and now he got befriended with perfet blonde doll. and he knew her a week ago.
- i discovered i'm epileptic and i got a slight Asperger's too
- going to school has become a nightmare: everytime i see the sme old face i wanna cry
- i become so anxious that i can't even play videogames anymore cause during fights my hands are shaking.
- i never looked so bad since ages: i've always been pretty ugly but now people barely recognise as a boy or a girl.
- can't go to church anymore.
I'm tired :(
Posted: Jul 3, 2009 1:37 PM - Quote - Report!

padgea7x

Mines are that I'm too nervous to talk to to a girl in person (excluding relatives, teachers, neighbours...), i don't think i've had a proper conversation with a girl in like.........3 years. I mean if they ask me a question i'll answer it but i kinda mumble it :S I feel really weird aswell because I talk to girls on like msn, and there's one girl that i like alot and she told me that she likes me too, and she asked me out. But i said no because I knew I'd be too nervous to talk to her in person.......I hope you kinda understand. Another one is that i'm constantly depressed and I think i'm rubbish at whatever I do.......... Mines are that I'm too nervous to talk to to a girl in person (excluding relatives, teachers, neighbours...), i don't think i've had a proper conversation with a girl in like.........3 years. I mean if they ask me a question i'll answer it but i kinda mumble it :S
I feel really weird aswell because I talk to girls on like msn, and there's one girl that i like alot and she told me that she likes me too, and she asked me out. But i said no because I knew I'd be too nervous to talk to her in person.......I hope you kinda understand.

Another one is that i'm constantly depressed and I think i'm rubbish at whatever I do..........
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 5:30 PM - Quote - Report!

Sickhick

I don't really have the self-consciousness problem, but that's just because I truly don't care what people think about me. I guess that's hard for most people, but I mean: why would it really matter? And don't be nervous about talking to girls. Any girl worth talking to won't be rude to you. I'd talk to anyone who spoke to me, although I probably wouldn't say much, but be persistant, and don't say anything vulgar (cursing is ok, I meant sex talk) This guy I saw in the mall I think kind of liked me, he acted kind of nervous but he said "hey" and I looked around to be sure he was talking to me; he was so I said "hey" back and anyway later he said I would look "stunning" in the shirt I bought. Anyway I haven't seen the guy since :( , but that's how you talk to a girl... Anyway, that's not to say that I don't have my own social anxiety issues: I kind of get the shakes when I have to talk to people, but I don't think anyone notices. I don't really have the self-consciousness problem, but that's just because I truly don't care what people think about me. I guess that's hard for most people, but I mean: why would it really matter? And don't be nervous about talking to girls. Any girl worth talking to won't be rude to you. I'd talk to anyone who spoke to me, although I probably wouldn't say much, but be persistant, and don't say anything vulgar (cursing is ok, I meant sex talk) This guy I saw in the mall I think kind of liked me, he acted kind of nervous but he said "hey" and I looked around to be sure he was talking to me; he was so I said "hey" back and anyway later he said I would look "stunning" in the shirt I bought. Anyway I haven't seen the guy since :( , but that's how you talk to a girl... Anyway, that's not to say that I don't have my own social anxiety issues: I kind of get the shakes when I have to talk to people, but I don't think anyone notices.
Posted: Oct 20, 2009 10:40 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand