UG's Nervous Shitbags

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Insecurity

sashki

Hello, everyone (if this doesn't deserve its own thread, feel free to delete it)

Cliche'd story:
The girl I like is pretty much flawless. She's one of the best in her art class, and draws photo-realistically. She's the best piano player I've ever seen. She's been doing ballet and modern dance for 10 years. She gets good grades in all subjects, and speaks 4 languages. She's very outgoing, social and friendly to everyone. She's also the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and she has a heart of gold.

I don't want to go out with her. I'd be more than happy just to be her friend, but I feel like I have nothing to offer. She has so many friends already, what makes me different and worth knowing, anyway?

I'd do anything to talk to her, but she's always busy at school, or hanging out with her boyfriend, so I don't want to disturb. Whenever I do get any chance, after asking "how are you" I have nothing left to say.

Please tell me about similar situations you've been in, and how you managed to get through.

Thanks in advance
Hello, everyone (if this doesn't deserve its own thread, feel free to delete it)

Cliche'd story:
The girl I like is pretty much flawless. She's one of the best in her art class, and draws photo-realistically. She's the best piano player I've ever seen. She's been doing ballet and modern dance for 10 years. She gets good grades in all subjects, and speaks 4 languages. She's very outgoing, social and friendly to everyone. She's also the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and she has a heart of gold.

I don't want to go out with her. I'd be more than happy just to be her friend, but I feel like I have nothing to offer. She has so many friends already, what makes me different and worth knowing, anyway?

I'd do anything to talk to her, but she's always busy at school, or hanging out with her boyfriend, so I don't want to disturb. Whenever I do get any chance, after asking "how are you" I have nothing left to say.

Please tell me about similar situations you've been in, and how you managed to get through.

Thanks in advance
Posted: Sep 20, 2008 10:31 PM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

The way I did it once was by making friends with her friends, and so on.
Compliment her on her artwork, or ask her a question about her music, if she's passionate like most of us she'll talk for hours :)
The way I did it once was by making friends with her friends, and so on.
Compliment her on her artwork, or ask her a question about her music, if she's passionate like most of us she'll talk for hours :)
Posted: Sep 21, 2008 9:04 PM - Quote - Report!

sashki

I am friends with a bunch of her friends, I told her she was the most amazing pianist I've ever seen (which is true) and asked what the name of the piece was that she played. I'm learning to play it now on guitar. Maybe that'll bring me a step closer to her divine status...

The thing is, she was too busy to keep the conversation going. I only had time for a few questions and answers, but that was it.
I am friends with a bunch of her friends, I told her she was the most amazing pianist I've ever seen (which is true) and asked what the name of the piece was that she played. I'm learning to play it now on guitar. Maybe that'll bring me a step closer to her divine status...

The thing is, she was too busy to keep the conversation going. I only had time for a few questions and answers, but that was it.
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 4:41 PM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

sashki wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 11:41am :

S'better than nothing my friend.
and that is also a very good idea, you could even do a duet?
[QUOTE u='sashki' d='2008-09-22 11:41:15']I am friends with a bunch of her friends, I told her she was the most amazing pianist I've ever seen (which is true) and asked what the name of the piece was that she played. I'm learning to play it now on guitar. Maybe that'll bring me a step closer to her divine status...

The thing is, she was too busy to keep the conversation going. I only had time for a few questions and answers, but that was it.[/QUOTE]
S'better than nothing my friend.
and that is also a very good idea, you could even do a duet?
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 8:32 PM - Quote - Report!

Zaphod_Beeblebr

Ask her if she just wants to jam sometime dude, music is something you have in common. Ask her if she just wants to jam sometime dude, music is something you have in common.
Posted: Oct 14, 2008 5:46 PM - Quote - Report!

sashki

She's always busy. Besides, I fail @ jamming. I can't improvise and think slowly.

She (with others) is making a movie for our grade, as we're graduating from school this year, so she wants to make a movie like an extension of the yearbook. I'm helping. I might be recording a soundtrack to it.

Even though about 15 people volunteered, I'm the most enthusiastic, because I'm so happy to be able to work with her. My friends have said I've become a lot more lively and "colourful" as of recently. I hope I can make a useful contribution.

(I hope she never sees this, but that's unlikely, anyway)
She's always busy. Besides, I fail @ jamming. I can't improvise and think slowly.

She (with others) is making a movie for our grade, as we're graduating from school this year, so she wants to make a movie like an extension of the yearbook. I'm helping. I might be recording a soundtrack to it.

Even though about 15 people volunteered, I'm the most enthusiastic, because I'm so happy to be able to work with her. My friends have said I've become a lot more lively and "colourful" as of recently. I hope I can make a useful contribution.

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 8:36 PM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

sashki wrote on Oct 15th, 2008 at 3:36pm :

I hope you get picked my friend, I wish you the best.
[QUOTE u='sashki' d='2008-10-15 15:36:25']She's always busy. Besides, I fail @ jamming. I can't improvise and think slowly.

(I hope she never sees this, but that's unlikely, anyway)[/QUOTE]
I hope you get picked my friend, I wish you the best.
Posted: Oct 17, 2008 6:40 PM - Quote - Report!

ECwomantoneman

Same, best of luck man. It's good that this has "brought you out" a little bit, but don't think that that is purely because of her, it's because you made the effort. I say that because I know from experience how easy it is to make an idol of a girl and start thinking that they are your salvation as your experience of them has made you more social, they're not the be-all-and-end-all, you just brought out a dormant part in yourself. :) Same, best of luck man. It's good that this has "brought you out" a little bit, but don't think that that is purely because of her, it's because you made the effort. I say that because I know from experience how easy it is to make an idol of a girl and start thinking that they are your salvation as your experience of them has made you more social, they're not the be-all-and-end-all, you just brought out a dormant part in yourself. :)
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 12:21 AM - Quote - Report!

sashki

In all honesty, I don't think I could have done it without her. I used to be a completely different person before I met her. Looking back at my younger self, I embodied everything that I now hate. I'm glad all that has changed for the better. And really, I have only her to thank. I don't know if I would have lived this long if I continued with the same attitude I used to have. She saved me from suicide.

There's a proverb that goes something like "A man does not deserve to live until he has found something he would die for". Can't remember the exact wording, but it's something to think about.

Thank you all for your support!
Note: other people in the movie team are asking why I'm so darn excited
In all honesty, I don't think I could have done it without her. I used to be a completely different person before I met her. Looking back at my younger self, I embodied everything that I now hate. I'm glad all that has changed for the better. And really, I have only her to thank. I don't know if I would have lived this long if I continued with the same attitude I used to have. She saved me from suicide.

There's a proverb that goes something like "A man does not deserve to live until he has found something he would die for". Can't remember the exact wording, but it's something to think about.

Thank you all for your support!
Note: other people in the movie team are asking why I'm so darn excited
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 10:16 AM - Quote - Report!

joeymaxx

sashki wrote on Oct 19th, 2008 at 5:16am :
There's a proverb that goes something like "A man does not deserve to live until he has found something he would die for".

*steals for lyrics*
You people are so wise.
But anyway, good, keep it up :)
I love it when this group helps people (slightly).
[QUOTE u='sashki' d='2008-10-19 05:16:17']There's a proverb that goes something like "A man does not deserve to live until he has found something he would die for". [/QUOTE]
*steals for lyrics*
You people are so wise.
But anyway, good, keep it up :)
I love it when this group helps people (slightly).
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 9:29 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand