Original Songwriters and Appreciation Guild

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Musical Influence

ZigZag667

What or who insipires you to wite music the way that you do? Is it a specific genre with all your favourite bands in or a mix of different styles to help create new and exciting forms of music that has rarely been heard before or does your inspiration come from something non musical like an emotion or person or object. But then again you could be using any or all of the above at any one time lol.

I would definately say that I mix 'n' match with all of the above groundings as I find that if I stick to one for too long that the songs get boring to write and then I slowly but surely run out of ideas to make the songs "FRESH" so I like to mix it up and keep suprizing myself.
What or who insipires you to wite music the way that you do? Is it a specific genre with all your favourite bands in or a mix of different styles to help create new and exciting forms of music that has rarely been heard before or does your inspiration come from something non musical like an emotion or person or object. But then again you could be using any or all of the above at any one time lol.

I would definately say that I mix 'n' match with all of the above groundings as I find that if I stick to one for too long that the songs get boring to write and then I slowly but surely run out of ideas to make the songs "FRESH" so I like to mix it up and keep suprizing myself.
Posted: Jul 13, 2009 1:12 AM - Quote - Report!

hippieboy444

Everything. Everything.
Posted: Jul 13, 2009 3:43 AM - Quote - Report!

Andragon

It's random. Sometimes I'd get sent a link to a video of some dude covering a 10-minute epic and I end up picking up the guitar later, as a result. As for lyrics, well.. when there's a lot I need to say, but can't/won't, I'll write down my thoughts. It's random. Sometimes I'd get sent a link to a video of some dude covering a 10-minute epic and I end up picking up the guitar later, as a result.
As for lyrics, well.. when there's a lot I need to say, but can't/won't, I'll write down my thoughts.
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 5:58 AM - Quote - Report!

Sickhick

Different things.
Fantasy books, nature stuff, insanity :wtf:, religion :down: :devil:, unlikable people :no: :kissass: :rant:, redneck stuff :cheers:, ... that's about it.
Different things.
Fantasy books, nature stuff, insanity :wtf:, religion :down: :devil:, unlikable people :no: :kissass: :rant:, redneck stuff :cheers:, ... that's about it.
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 7:50 AM - Quote - Report!

neo14085

Listening to music, watching people play, Everyday Problems/lifestyle, "Lovelife", And most of all, Jimi Hendrix xD Listening to music, watching people play, Everyday Problems/lifestyle, "Lovelife", And most of all, Jimi Hendrix xD
Posted: Dec 29, 2009 2:59 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand