Peach Heads

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Songs of the Allmans that you've been learning.

Wood & Metal

As the title says, I thought it'd be fun to write about the different Allman and Allman-related songs y'all have been learning or learned (provided that you even bothered to learn any).

As for myself, I've been learning...

Little Martha... with a personal friend of mine by the powertab on this site. I've played the second, simpler part (which, no offense intended, I assume to be Dickey's part) and I've got pretty much the whole thing down while my friend has been learning the harder, first part (which I assume to be Duane's). I may even record us playing it and post in on UG. We'll see. Someday I'm also gonna learn the solo, text-tab version.

Dreams... by the powertab. Well, I haven't learned all of it yet, I've mostly just improvised along with it while listening to it. It's pretty fun though. The only problem is that I'm not sure if Duane played slide with this, cause at some parts it sounds like he's playing normally. Does anybody have any concrete information about that?

Statesboro Blues... again, by the powertab. I haven't tried playing along with it the song yet, but I'll try it. I haven't studied it much, and my bass E and A strings have busted, so I'm limited in how I can play it .

Thats all I've been trying to learn for now. I'll probably try to learn more when I get those cd's, Gold and the Duane Anthologies. How about the rest of y'all?
As the title says, I thought it'd be fun to write about the different Allman and Allman-related songs y'all have been learning or learned (provided that you even bothered to learn any).

As for myself, I've been learning...

Little Martha... with a personal friend of mine by the powertab on this site. I've played the second, simpler part (which, no offense intended, I assume to be Dickey's part) and I've got pretty much the whole thing down while my friend has been learning the harder, first part (which I assume to be Duane's). I may even record us playing it and post in on UG. We'll see. Someday I'm also gonna learn the solo, text-tab version.

Dreams... by the powertab. Well, I haven't learned all of it yet, I've mostly just improvised along with it while listening to it. It's pretty fun though. The only problem is that I'm not sure if Duane played slide with this, cause at some parts it sounds like he's playing normally. Does anybody have any concrete information about that?

Statesboro Blues... again, by the powertab. I haven't tried playing along with it the song yet, but I'll try it. I haven't studied it much, and my bass E and A strings have busted, so I'm limited in how I can play it .

Thats all I've been trying to learn for now. I'll probably try to learn more when I get those cd's, Gold and the Duane Anthologies. How about the rest of y'all?
Posted: Jun 4, 2008 3:29 PM - Quote - Report!

Wood & Metal

Don't post all at once, people...
Don't post all at once, people...
Posted: Jun 4, 2008 8:20 PM - Quote - Report!

TheHeartbreaker

All very good songs. I'm not sure if you're familiar with GuitarPro, but if so, how does it compare with PowerTab? All very good songs. I'm not sure if you're familiar with GuitarPro, but if so, how does it compare with PowerTab?
Posted: Jun 5, 2008 12:30 AM - Quote - Report!

Wood & Metal

No, I'm not familiar with GuitarPro, you have to buy it don't you? I like PowerTab cause its free :) I'm stingy like that, though I would like to try out GuitarPro someday. No, I'm not familiar with GuitarPro, you have to buy it don't you? I like PowerTab cause its free :) I'm stingy like that, though I would like to try out GuitarPro someday.
Posted: Jun 5, 2008 7:11 PM - Quote - Report!

TheHeartbreaker

Well, you don't have to buy it... Well, you don't [i]have[/i] to buy it...
Posted: Jun 5, 2008 8:35 PM - Quote - Report!

Wood & Metal

I don't have to buy it?
How do you mean...?
I don't have to buy it?
How do you mean...?
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 1:33 PM - Quote - Report!

TheHeartbreaker

Illegal downloading. Illegal downloading.
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 4:54 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand