Peach Heads

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Favorite Album

aig91

So, what is everyone's favorite ABB album? There are so many tasteful albums to choose from but personally, I'd have to go with either Eat A Peach or Live at the Fillmore East. So, what is everyone's favorite ABB album? There are so many tasteful albums to choose from but personally, I'd have to go with either Eat A Peach or Live at the Fillmore East.
Posted: Oct 14, 2007 11:09 PM - Quote - Report!

Rhythm Hippy

eat a peach is definitely the one, bro eat a peach is definitely the one, bro
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 11:00 PM - Quote - Report!

TDS

i like Brothers and Sisters. Ramblin' Man and Pony Boy really stand out. i like Brothers and Sisters. Ramblin' Man and Pony Boy really stand out.
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 11:30 PM - Quote - Report!

TheHeartbreaker

I've always though that, considering the circumstances, Brothers and Sisters was a remarkably strong album. In fact, this album, in my opinion, may have what allowed for Dickey Betts to emerge as the prominent force in the band.

However, I've recently fallen in love with Where It All Begins. It's always been an album that I have enjoyed, but until recently I had never truly noticed how great of a line-up the band has following it's reformation in the late-80s until the mid-90s.

Generally when I consider favorite albums by bands such as The Allman Brothers Band and The Grateful Dead, I will choose both a favorite studio album and a favorite live album.

At the moment, my favorite official live Allman Brothers album is An Evening With. Once again, this is the same line-up as on the studio album Where It All Begins, which sported a line-up of Gregg Allman, Dickey Betts, Warren Haynes, Jai Johann "Jaimoe" Johanson, Marc Quinones, Butch Trucks, and Allen Woody. The energy level of this album is incredible, and peaks at the 15-minute masterpiece Nobody Knows from Shades of Two Worlds (which I am still searching for because it is currently, for reasons unknown, out of print).
I've always though that, considering the circumstances, Brothers and Sisters was a remarkably strong album. In fact, this album, in my opinion, may have what allowed for Dickey Betts to emerge as the prominent force in the band.

However, I've recently fallen in love with Where It All Begins. It's always been an album that I have enjoyed, but until recently I had never truly noticed how great of a line-up the band has following it's reformation in the late-80s until the mid-90s.

Generally when I consider favorite albums by bands such as The Allman Brothers Band and The Grateful Dead, I will choose both a favorite studio album and a favorite live album.

At the moment, my favorite official live Allman Brothers album is An Evening With. Once again, this is the same line-up as on the studio album Where It All Begins, which sported a line-up of Gregg Allman, Dickey Betts, Warren Haynes, Jai Johann "Jaimoe" Johanson, Marc Quinones, Butch Trucks, and Allen Woody. The energy level of this album is incredible, and peaks at the 15-minute masterpiece Nobody Knows from Shades of Two Worlds (which I am still searching for because it is currently, for reasons unknown, out of print).
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 1:43 PM - Quote - Report!

aig91

^ I've heard good things about "An Evening With...". I should check it out soon... ^ I've heard good things about "An Evening With...". I should check it out soon...
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 5:28 PM - Quote - Report!

ECwomantoneman

I'll kinda cheat and say "Beginnings" which is a combo of the first two albums :D

And Eat a Peach is simply epic as well! :cheers:
I'll kinda cheat and say "Beginnings" which is a combo of the first two albums :D

And Eat a Peach is simply epic as well! :cheers:
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 6:03 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand