Pianists and Fans

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Recent Accomplishments?

rush4life

Anyone recently perfect a piece, or achieve a goal? Share it here!

I finished learning Prokofiev's "Harp" Prelude in C this summer, and I was quite proud it of it.
Anyone recently perfect a piece, or achieve a goal? Share it here!

I finished learning Prokofiev's "Harp" Prelude in C this summer, and I was quite proud it of it.
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 6:54 PM - Quote - Report!

Sanctus Ignis

I finally finished Mozart's "Fantasy No. 3 in D Minor" and am almost done with Rachmaninoff's "Etude 33/5 in Eb Minor" I finally finished Mozart's "Fantasy No. 3 in D Minor" and am almost done with Rachmaninoff's "Etude 33/5 in Eb Minor"
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 7:52 PM - Quote - Report!

BFun

Getting through Rachmaninoff's Prelude in G minor without a break. As in, my arms actually didnt give way half way through :D

< ;DIV>UPDATE OF DOOM: Memorized it, still incredibly messy though. Huge stretchy jumps arent fun
Getting through Rachmaninoff's Prelude in G minor without a break. As in, my arms actually didnt give way half way through :D

< ;DIV>UPDATE OF DOOM: Memorized it, still incredibly messy though. Huge stretchy jumps arent fun
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 2:45 PM - Quote - Report!

Sanctus Ignis

BFun wrote on Sep 28th, 2007 at 9:45am :
Awesome, dude! Congratulations! That's a killer one...have you heard any of his other preludes? I'd like to learn the 23/2 Bb major one. Mmmmm...
BFun wrote on Sep 28th, 2007 at 9:45am :
Awesome, dude! Congratulations! That's a killer one...have you heard any of his other preludes? I'd like to learn the 23/2 Bb major one. Mmmmm...
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 12:49 AM - Quote - Report!

BFun

yeh, i think ive heard the C# minor one. My teacher played it at the Opera House for an encore. I think it was the C# minor one anyway...... im not to good with the op. 744654 no.76 thingy. cant remember em lol yeh, i think ive heard the C# minor one. My teacher played it at the Opera House for an encore. I think it was the C# minor one anyway...... im not to good with the op. 744654 no.76 thingy. cant remember em lol
Posted: Sep 30, 2007 2:59 AM - Quote - Report!

Sanctus Ignis

My guess is that you've heard it. It's really slow in the beginning, then the middle section is those fast triplets, and then it recapitulates to the beginning section but louder. My guess is that you've heard it. It's really slow in the beginning, then the middle section is those fast triplets, and then it recapitulates to the beginning section but louder.
Posted: Sep 30, 2007 9:26 PM - Quote - Report!

rush4life

That's THE Prelude in C# Minor...right? That's THE Prelude in C# Minor...right?
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 3:11 AM - Quote - Report!

BFun

ah yes, probably... Im never good at remebering different pieces with no name. Stuff like Liebenstraum and Raindrop Prelude are easy to remember :P ah yes, probably... Im never good at remebering different pieces with no name. Stuff like Liebenstraum and Raindrop Prelude are easy to remember :P
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 7:58 AM - Quote - Report!

Sanctus Ignis

rush4life wrote on Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:11pm :
That's THE Prelude in C# Minor...right?
You are correct.
BFun wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 2:58am :
ah yes, probably... Im never good at remebering different pieces with no name. Stuff like Liebenstraum and Raindrop Prelude are easy to remember :P
Isn't that the truth? :p
rush4life wrote on Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:11pm :
That's THE Prelude in C# Minor...right?
You are correct.
BFun wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 2:58am :
ah yes, probably... Im never good at remebering different pieces with no name. Stuff like Liebenstraum and Raindrop Prelude are easy to remember :P
Isn't that the truth? :p
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 7:33 PM - Quote - Report!

third-eye

i learnt sunburn by muse, hahah, not really THAT hard, but it was really hard to learn.

plus, i taught it to my friend. i also write alot with the piano, check out my profile.
i learnt sunburn by muse, hahah, not really THAT hard, but it was really hard to learn.

plus, i taught it to my friend. i also write alot with the piano, check out my profile.
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 6:08 AM - Quote - Report!

Sanctus Ignis

Muse FTW. Muse FTW.
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 3:59 PM - Quote - Report!

Necrolust

Moonlight Sonata movement 3.. Took me 2 years but I managed to play it. Moonlight Sonata movement 3.. Took me 2 years but I managed to play it.
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 9:47 PM - Quote - Report!

Sanctus Ignis

That is not fun to practice or memorize (well, no Beethoven sonata is amiritelol)...fun as all hell to play through it though! :D That is not fun to practice or memorize (well, no Beethoven sonata is amiritelol)...fun as all hell to play through it though! :D
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 4:20 AM - Quote - Report!

Page/Rhoads

I write a song every day (guitar and keyboard) I write a song every day (guitar and keyboard)
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 12:25 AM - Quote - Report!

Sanctus Ignis

Really? Awesome! Really? Awesome!
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 4:42 AM - Quote - Report!

BFun

learnt the first Movement of Bach's Italian Concerto a week or so ago. Now my teacher wants me to memorize it :( learnt the first Movement of Bach's Italian Concerto a week or so ago. Now my teacher wants me to memorize it :(
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 2:01 PM - Quote - Report!

Sanctus Ignis

Ouch. I HATE memorizing Bach. Ouch. I HATE memorizing Bach.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 8:04 PM - Quote - Report!

Sanctus Ignis

Ouch. I HATE memorizing Bach. Ouch. I HATE memorizing Bach.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 8:04 PM - Quote - Report!

kdownes

finally nailed Clair De Lune for piano exam, much happy.

Still sweating over Butterflies and Hurricanes, the instrumental part is just "shudder"

Oh, and also am still continuing to slave over Prelude in C# minor but am determined to out.
finally nailed Clair De Lune for piano exam, much happy.

Still sweating over Butterflies and Hurricanes, the instrumental part is just "shudder"

Oh, and also am still continuing to slave over Prelude in C# minor but am determined to out.
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 12:03 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand