People who play Pointy Guitars

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

why we love odd shaped guitars

theogonia777

besides looking cool, what are some reasons why everyone likes extreme body styles? i personally love the star shape (Star, Warrior, Ironbird, Stealth, Xiphos, etc) because it can comfortably played with the bottom of the body resting on your leg they way you would with a Strat, or held up at an angle the way you hold a classical guitar or a V.
besides looking cool, what are some reasons why everyone likes extreme body styles?  i personally love the star shape (Star, Warrior, Ironbird, Stealth, Xiphos, etc) because it can comfortably played with the bottom of the body resting on your leg they way you would with a Strat, or held up at an angle the way you hold a classical guitar or a V.
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 11:23 PM - Quote - Report!

krvolok

Easy access to higher frets! On strats I often bump my thumb on the uper cut away.But the real reason I like Vs is that most of my favorite guitarist use them,Abbath,Nergal,K.King,Mustaine... Easy access to higher frets! On strats I often bump my thumb on the uper cut away.But the real reason I like Vs is that most of my favorite guitarist use them,Abbath,Nergal,K.King,Mustaine...
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 12:30 AM - Quote - Report!

metalkamikazee

Definitely for speed and looks
i look so much more badass when im playing my dean rather than my fernandes
Definitely for speed and looks i look so much more badass when im playing my dean rather than my fernandes
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 2:56 AM - Quote - Report!

EpiExplorer

Usually much lighter than they appear, my Speed V is ridiculous. Also cuz you dont see them as often, you get many people going 'OMG, U LYK KERR KING, SLAYUUUUURGH'. Usually much lighter than they appear, my Speed V is ridiculous. Also cuz you dont see them as often, you get many people going 'OMG, U LYK KERR KING, SLAYUUUUURGH'.
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 1:28 PM - Quote - Report!

diofan88

Easier to get higher frets. I find sitting in the classical position to be the most comfortable Easier to get higher frets. I find sitting in the classical position to be the most comfortable
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 6:23 PM - Quote - Report!

Firenze

Ease of access to higher frets, as was mentioned. I'm also not at all a fan of 'normal' guitar shapes. It's just not my style, nor what I resonate. It was really by accident that I got my hands on an Iceman, but I've really become attached to him. We really reciprocate each other, I think. Ease of access to higher frets, as was mentioned. I'm also not at all a fan of 'normal' guitar shapes. It's just not my style, nor what I resonate. It was really by accident that I got my hands on an Iceman, but I've really become attached to him. We really reciprocate each other, I think.
Posted: Dec 2, 2010 2:59 PM - Quote - Report!

dark Mass

I find V's to have better upper fret access and I love the classical position. I find V's to have better upper fret access and I love the classical position.
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 8:46 AM - Quote - Report!

MaddMann274

diofan88 wrote on Nov 30th, 2010 at 1:23pm :
Easier to get higher frets. I find sitting in the classical position to be the most comfortable
diofan88 wrote on Nov 30th, 2010 at 1:23pm :
Easier to get higher frets. I find sitting in the classical position to be the most comfortable

^This :D
[QUOTE u='diofan88' d='2010-11-30 13:23:31']Easier to get higher frets. I find sitting in the classical position to be the most comfortable[/QUOTE][QUOTE u='diofan88' d='2010-11-30 13:23:31']Easier to get higher frets. I find sitting in the classical position to be the most comfortable[/QUOTE] ^This :D
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 9:52 AM - Quote - Report!

soloXshredder

I love odd shaped guitars because they're odd shaped guitars.
Man I love elementary school logic.

In all seriousness though they're just better. Better looks, better feel, better everything really.
Especially V's, for the aforementioned reasons ^^
I love odd shaped guitars because they're odd shaped guitars. Man I love elementary school logic. In all seriousness though they're just better. Better looks, better feel, better everything really. Especially V's, for the aforementioned reasons ^^
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 10:45 PM - Quote - Report!

Baraga

Killing people, of course Killing people, of course
Posted: Apr 19, 2011 7:57 PM - Quote - Report!

MidnightReaper

I love all guitars, i just think that Pointy looks far more brutal. i mean Black metal with a fender tele just doesnt look right (exception of jim root style metal) I love all guitars, i just think that Pointy looks far more brutal. i mean Black metal with a fender tele just doesnt look right (exception of jim root style metal)
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 9:31 AM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

Because they can be held in different positions, easier access to frets, and plus... which is gonna do more damage if you smash their head with it Les Paul, or a Warlock? Because they can be held in different positions, easier access to frets, and plus... which is gonna do more damage if you smash their head with it Les Paul, or a Warlock?
Posted: May 10, 2011 5:27 PM - Quote - Report!

theogonia777

i'd reckon the Les Paul, cause they weigh like 26 1/2 pounds. i'd reckon the Les Paul, cause they weigh like 26 1/2 pounds.
Posted: May 10, 2011 8:47 PM - Quote - Report!

soloXshredder

theogonia777 wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 3:47pm :
i'd reckon the Les Paul, cause they weigh like 26 1/2 pounds.

Depends if you hit the person from the back of the guitar, or stab him with one of the ends on a warlock. Just saying ><
[QUOTE u='theogonia777' d='2011-05-10 15:47:29']i'd reckon the Les Paul, cause they weigh like 26 1/2 pounds.[/QUOTE]

Depends if you hit the person from the back of the guitar, or stab him with one of the ends on a warlock. Just saying ><
Posted: May 20, 2011 10:52 PM - Quote - Report!

Aggro

I love pointy guitars because they look awesome. I love the V shape, it's extremely comfortable. I love pointy guitars because they look awesome. I love the V shape, it's extremely comfortable.
Posted: May 22, 2011 10:22 AM - Quote - Report!

Reaper/chaos

I wanna make a guitar that is literally a scythe! (no not that little toothpick off of guitar hero) I want to make a scythe guitar!!! It would be difficult but if you could it would be kick ass! I wanna make a guitar that is literally a scythe! (no not that little toothpick off of guitar hero) I want to make a scythe guitar!!! It would be difficult but if you could it would be kick ass!
Posted: May 25, 2011 6:21 PM - Quote - Report!

theogonia777

Posted: May 27, 2011 4:38 AM - Quote - Report!

krvolok

^ I do believe that a certain Finn might be looking for one of those. ^ I do believe that a certain Finn might be looking for one of those.
Posted: May 30, 2011 10:43 PM - Quote - Report!

vince1991

theogonia777 wrote on May 26th, 2011 at 11:38pm :
(picture)

now THAT is called fret access :eek:
[QUOTE u='theogonia777' d='2011-05-26 23:38:49'] (picture) [/QUOTE] now THAT is called fret access :eek:
Posted: Sep 11, 2011 11:05 AM - Quote - Report!

soloXshredder

Where does the wiring go? Where does the wiring go?
Posted: Sep 13, 2011 10:14 PM - Quote - Report!

theogonia777

i don't know, but here's another picture of the guy that plays it. i think there's probably enough room to fit them past the bridge. and i'd imagine the fret access would be amazing, although it's a bass, so who knows how much they even get used.

i don't know, but here's another picture of the guy that plays it.  i think there's probably enough room to fit them past the bridge.  and i'd imagine the fret access would be amazing, although it's a bass, so who knows how much they even get used.

Posted: Sep 14, 2011 8:36 PM - Quote - Report!

Metallicuh

I love odd shaped guitars because they're edgy. (no pun intended) I love odd shaped guitars because they're edgy. (no pun intended)
Posted: Sep 20, 2011 11:51 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand