Progressive and Power Metal

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Disappointing albums

WrathOscuro

What album has disappointed you recently for prog/power metal?

So far, the only disappointment for me has been Unia by Sonata Arctica.
What album has disappointed you recently for prog/power metal?

So far, the only disappointment for me has been Unia by Sonata Arctica.
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 3:20 PM - Quote - Report!

Pacal

I just got Iced Earth's new one, Framing Armageddon, and it was okay. Its decent power metal, but it just kind of runs together without any stand out "wow" moments you expect from Iced Earth. Most of the riffs are pretty derivative as well. I just got Iced Earth's new one, Framing Armageddon, and it was okay. Its decent power metal, but it just kind of runs together without any stand out "wow" moments you expect from Iced Earth. Most of the riffs are pretty derivative as well.
Posted: Oct 14, 2007 7:35 PM - Quote - Report!

vengance302

framing armageddon was absolutley disappointing to me. it seemed much weaker than their previous works framing armageddon was absolutley disappointing to me. it seemed much weaker than their previous works
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 6:04 PM - Quote - Report!

Pacal

Exactly! It certainly didn't have the fire that burnt offerings or night of the stormrider had. The lyrics were kinda repetative as well, and the whole storyline wasn't too amazing either. Probably could be made into a scifi channel movie/miniseries. Exactly! It certainly didn't have the fire that burnt offerings or night of the stormrider had. The lyrics were kinda repetative as well, and the whole storyline wasn't too amazing either. Probably could be made into a scifi channel movie/miniseries.
Posted: Nov 22, 2007 7:39 AM - Quote - Report!

tpvikke

Sonata Arctica - Unia was a real disappointment for me. They had changed their style very much since the Reckoning Night album was released. My interest for the band has almost completely disappeared now:/ Sonata Arctica - Unia was a real disappointment for me. They had changed their style very much since the Reckoning Night album was released. My interest for the band has almost completely disappeared now:/
Posted: Nov 25, 2007 1:51 PM - Quote - Report!

Phill-Rock

Sonata Arctica - Unia for me too.
And I got a Falconer album a while ago after hearing good things about them - It must have been their worst album because it was very average and boring, I just didn't like the whole sound of it except a few solos. I lost it after one listen and never bothered looking for it again.
Sonata Arctica - Unia for me too.
And I got a Falconer album a while ago after hearing good things about them - It must have been their worst album because it was very average and boring, I just didn't like the whole sound of it except a few solos. I lost it after one listen and never bothered looking for it again.
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 6:31 PM - Quote - Report!

ironmaidendude

Manowar - Gods of War
Half of the album is classical music and narrations. I can understand if there is one or two classical tracks on the album, but 8 tracks classical?! Album is good but it's disappointing that only half of the album is metal.
Manowar - Gods of War
Half of the album is classical music and narrations. I can understand if there is one or two classical tracks on the album, but 8 tracks classical?! Album is good but it's disappointing that only half of the album is metal.
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 2:50 PM - Quote - Report!

Baa I'm a Sheep

^ Totally agree with Gods of War,If i wanted a story I would have gotten a book.King of Kings was a great song though. ^ Totally agree with Gods of War,If i wanted a story I would have gotten a book.King of Kings was a great song though.
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 11:51 PM - Quote - Report!

Kreuger

I'm not 100% sure what they are but Savatage. I got into Circle II Circle and kept seeing that Zach started out with them and how amazing they were but when I listened to a couple of their albums it bored the hell out of me. Nowhere near up to CIIC in my opinion. I'm not 100% sure what they are but Savatage. I got into Circle II Circle and kept seeing that Zach started out with them and how amazing they were but when I listened to a couple of their albums it bored the hell out of me. Nowhere near up to CIIC in my opinion.
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 8:44 PM - Quote - Report!

vengance302

Another album that really didn't do it for me was "Inside the Atmosphere" by Atmosfear. The Musicianship was top-notch, but the lyrics and the singer... God I just couldn't take it! Another album that really didn't do it for me was "Inside the Atmosphere" by Atmosfear. The Musicianship was top-notch, but the lyrics and the singer... God I just couldn't take it!
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 12:41 AM - Quote - Report!

guitarhead93

Id say sonata :( Id say sonata :(
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 6:33 PM - Quote - Report!

Garlop

A dissapointing album could be Scarsick of Pain of Salvation A dissapointing album could be Scarsick of Pain of Salvation
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 9:32 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand