Progressive SongWriter's Organisation

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

ealtdharkon's song index

ealtdharkon

Check me out, all getting the hang of this.

___
New band stuff:

Chosen
- NEW
Woo, new band. New song, aswell. More tech than prog, probably?
Who knows. It's all c4c anyway.

Huzzah.
___

Solo project stuff:

Seas of Caladan
- It's a bass solo, 6 strings fretless, BDGDGB tuning, no 4/4 in sight.
(Actually there is one bar of it, but hey...)

Seas of Caladan, pimped...
...what is says on the tin. I took Seas, and added to it. Yay.

...not sure if this comes under progressive (it does not), but if you feel like something kinda different, I've uploaded an improv. solo to http://www.myspace.com/robensemble
___

Old band stuff:

Lady of Peace
- Progressive/Technical and all that bulltoss... kind of a nu-metal edge to it, in a couple of riffs. Link to lyrics on the main thread...
...one 6 string guitar, drop b tuning, 6 string bass, b standard.
(Yeah, I have a new bass. Guess how many frets? None. Oh yeah!)

World of Dust
- Progressive once more, with a much more modern metal edge, and a twist of mathcore. Best served in a drop A tuning, with a pinch of salt.

An Old Man Dies
- Progressive piece, it's almost completely acoustic, excluding a small solo [gp5, gp4, midi] Most recent upload,
written for one E standard tuned 6 string acoustic, and two seven string (b standard) electric guitars.

Legends of a Christ Reborn
- Progressive Metal played with some of the more modern sounds of the ever-evolving metal genre [gp5, gp4, midi] 7 string B standard tuning, fairly lengthy piece. Good for lovers of Dream Theater, Ion Dissonance and BTBAM (I have only heard of one of those three bands, but apparently I have been ripping them off and not knowing about it, golly.)
Check me out, all getting the hang of this.

___
New band stuff:

Chosen
- NEW
Woo, new band. New song, aswell. More tech than prog, probably?
Who knows. It's all c4c anyway.

Huzzah.
___

Solo project stuff:

Seas of Caladan
- It's a bass solo, 6 strings fretless, BDGDGB tuning, no 4/4 in sight.
(Actually there is one bar of it, but hey...)

Seas of Caladan, pimped...
...what is says on the tin. I took Seas, and added to it. Yay.

...not sure if this comes under progressive (it does not), but if you feel like something kinda different, I've uploaded an improv. solo to http://www.myspace.com/robensemble
___

Old band stuff:

Lady of Peace
- Progressive/Technical and all that bulltoss... kind of a nu-metal edge to it, in a couple of riffs. Link to lyrics on the main thread...
...one 6 string guitar, drop b tuning, 6 string bass, b standard.
(Yeah, I have a new bass. Guess how many frets? None. Oh yeah!)

World of Dust
- Progressive once more, with a much more modern metal edge, and a twist of mathcore. Best served in a drop A tuning, with a pinch of salt.

An Old Man Dies
- Progressive piece, it's almost completely acoustic, excluding a small solo [gp5, gp4, midi] Most recent upload,
written for one E standard tuned 6 string acoustic, and two seven string (b standard) electric guitars.

- Progressive Metal played with some of the more modern sounds of the ever-evolving metal genre [gp5, gp4, midi] 7 string B standard tuning, fairly lengthy piece. Good for lovers of Dream Theater, Ion Dissonance and BTBAM (I have only heard of one of those three bands, but apparently I have been ripping them off and not knowing about it, golly.)
Posted: Aug 3, 2008 4:00 AM - Quote - Report!

LucasGtrGod

World of Dust

I love the rhythm of the first riff.

It sort of makes me want to dance, in a cool but complex way. ****ing heavy.

The A tuning always gets me, it's like, "damn that's low, I think I need to go t the toilet."

The next bit is really cool, but the choir is too loud. The bass is amazing, as well as the riff, and reminds me of Sikth, (which is a good thing.)

I didn't like the breakdown, the pitch of the guitars sort of kills it. It honestly feels two low to have the right kind of energy for that riff. If you played that on the e string instead it would sound great.

The solo sounds really cool. It can be a little bit too repetitive, and doesn't really strike as anything other than a small lead, it could probably do with a little bit of shred also.

The reiteration of the riff sounds cool.

The clean part is cool, but the riff that goes over it does not suit it, it is too chromatic to it the riff.

Nice ending.

9/10

Very good.

I love the lyrics.

The song is good overall.

But I feel there is a little too much dissonance, it takes away the effectiveness of the dissonance.

If you were to intersperse the dissonance within realms of consonant guitar parts it would make both types of riffs more effective.

The song needs a solo, it is just begging for one in that middle clean section.

Now don't take this as a snarky gesture, I think mybe we both have different musical and tempo feels, but I honestly feel that alot of this song is too slow for its own good. Maybe if instead of making the entire song 180, you made the intro 200, and then moved the tempo's around as you moved through it, because by the end of the song I feel that it is dragging a little.

Change in tempo's would create a sense of excitement, and distinguish between all aspects of the song.

I love the time signature changes, as you could probably tell, I love time signature changes. But the drumming in some parts, as has been said, is very unexciting and somewhat compromises the power of some sections.

The chorus would sound great, if instead of both guitars playing the same part, one guitar played an arpeggiated melody of some kind.

Overall, pretty good.
8/10
[u]World of Dust[/u]

I love the rhythm of the first riff.

It sort of makes me want to dance, in a cool but complex way. ****ing heavy.

The A tuning always gets me, it's like, "damn that's low, I think I need to go t the toilet."

The next bit is really cool, but the choir is too loud. The bass is amazing, as well as the riff, and reminds me of Sikth, (which is a good thing.)

I didn't like the breakdown, the pitch of the guitars sort of kills it. It honestly feels two low to have the right kind of energy for that riff. If you played that on the e string instead it would sound great.

The solo sounds really cool. It can be a little bit too repetitive, and doesn't really strike as anything other than a small lead, it could probably do with a little bit of shred also.

The reiteration of the riff sounds cool.

The clean part is cool, but the riff that goes over it does not suit it, it is too chromatic to it the riff.

Nice ending.

9/10

Very good.

[u]Legends of a Christ Reborn[/u]

I love the lyrics.

The song is good overall.

But I feel there is a little too much dissonance, it takes away the effectiveness of the dissonance.

If you were to intersperse the dissonance within realms of consonant guitar parts it would make both types of riffs more effective.

The song needs a solo, it is just begging for one in that middle clean section.

Now don't take this as a snarky gesture, I think mybe we both have different musical and tempo feels, but I honestly feel that alot of this song is too slow for its own good. Maybe if instead of making the entire song 180, you made the intro 200, and then moved the tempo's around as you moved through it, because by the end of the song I feel that it is dragging a little.

Change in tempo's would create a sense of excitement, and distinguish between all aspects of the song.

I love the time signature changes, as you could probably tell, I love time signature changes. But the drumming in some parts, as has been said, is very unexciting and somewhat compromises the power of some sections.

The chorus would sound great, if instead of both guitars playing the same part, one guitar played an arpeggiated melody of some kind.

Overall, pretty good.
8/10
Posted: Aug 3, 2008 5:12 PM - Quote - Report!

LucasGtrGod

Lady of Peace
I really like this, the first riff is fantastic. Then the little interlude thing was cool.

The mian riff is very similar to others you have done, but it is cool.

In fact all of the riffs are really cool. The entire song is great.

Only problem is that it doies not tend to go anywhere, which makes the short length mandatory.

Cool ending.

To be honest, you can do more with those riffs, alot more. Every riff is absolute gold, but the overall song lets it down. Seriously, just open the floodgates, and don't hold back, because the song has amazing potential, which is not realised here.

7/10.

Great riffs though
Lady of Peace
I really like this, the first riff is fantastic. Then the little interlude thing was cool.

The mian riff is very similar to others you have done, but it is cool.

In fact all of the riffs are really cool. The entire song is great.

Only problem is that it doies not tend to go anywhere, which makes the short length mandatory.

Cool ending.

To be honest, you can do more with those riffs, alot more. Every riff is absolute gold, but the overall song lets it down. Seriously, just open the floodgates, and don't hold back, because the song has amazing potential, which is not realised here.

7/10.

Great riffs though
Posted: Aug 13, 2008 6:14 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand