Punk

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Why don't most people like punk anymore?

Brohole

I find it so hard to understand how those dickhead who listen to pop and hip hop and stuff don't love the kickass riffs and headbanging beats that are in every great punk song.

WHY IS THAT?!

That other shit isn't better, so maybe they've put some sort of mind controlling frequency or something in the "noise" (I refuse to refer to hip hop as music) so whoever listens becomes obsessed with it... any thoughts??
I find it so hard to understand how those dickhead who listen to pop and hip hop and stuff don't love the kickass riffs and headbanging beats that are in every great punk song. 

WHY IS THAT?! 

That other shit isn't better, so maybe they've put some sort of mind controlling frequency or something in the "noise" (I refuse to refer to hip hop as music) so whoever listens becomes obsessed with it... any thoughts??
Posted: Nov 8, 2009 10:34 AM - Quote - Report!

Gnomefry

It's changed a lot. People still like punk that's a given, you just have to look for them.

• Some people can't get around the perceived "noise" that's associated with those genres,
  • They think it's too "harsh"
  • Stereotypes
It's changed a lot. People still like punk that's a given, you just have to look for them.

•  Some people can't get around the perceived "noise" that's associated with those genres,
  • They think it's too "harsh"
  • Stereotypes
Posted: Nov 8, 2009 5:21 PM - Quote - Report!

ironzeppelin4

People are just stupid. They believe that punk is nothing but power chords, terrible bass lines and idiotic people writing songs about whatever the fuck they want to, which is true in some cases, but some bands do have a reason to sing those songs because in their own minds those words written down on a piece of paper do have some form of meaning. You just read in between the lines to find that meaning. Most people don't search for that lyrical value anymore. People are just stupid. They believe that punk is nothing but power chords, terrible bass lines and idiotic people writing songs about whatever the fuck they want to, which is true in some cases, but some bands do have a reason to sing those songs because in their own minds those words written down on a piece of paper do have some form of meaning. You just read in between the lines to find that meaning. Most people don't search for that lyrical value anymore.
Posted: Nov 8, 2009 5:53 PM - Quote - Report!

Aerokizzombie

ironzeppelin4 wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 12:53pm :
. Most people don't search for that lyrical value anymore.
I do!!!
and hows that daisy sound. Theres still punk out there, you just gotta dig through the crap
[QUOTE u='ironzeppelin4' d='2009-11-08 12:53:53']. Most people don't search for that lyrical value anymore.[/QUOTE]I do!!! and hows that daisy sound. Theres still punk out there, you just gotta dig through the crap
Posted: Dec 11, 2009 3:29 AM - Quote - Report!

ironzeppelin4

The daisy sounds pretty good. change the strings and it'll be great The daisy sounds pretty good. change the strings and it'll be great
Posted: Dec 24, 2009 8:15 PM - Quote - Report!

STABxYOU

Real punk was never popular. Real punk was never popular.
Posted: Dec 31, 2009 5:03 AM - Quote - Report!

death eater

Punks not dead, it just kinda sucks now. Punks not dead, it just kinda sucks now.
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 7:09 PM - Quote - Report!

Gnomefry

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 7:40 PM - Quote - Report!

PUNK_327

I BLAME THE MEDIA! its killing good punk like rancid used to be decent punk but their last album was just disappointing all because it sells better in the mainstream of music. So screw pop punk and all of its followers...and if you dont agree then go ahead and fire away at me. and leave this group cause its called punk. to all you real punks. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BANDS AND KEEP LISTENING TO GOOD MUSIC! I BLAME THE MEDIA! its killing good punk like rancid used to be decent punk but their last album was just disappointing all because it sells better in the mainstream of music. So screw pop punk and all of its followers...and if you dont agree then go ahead and fire away at me. and leave this group cause its called punk. to all you real punks. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BANDS AND KEEP LISTENING TO GOOD MUSIC!
Posted: Feb 17, 2010 2:07 AM - Quote - Report!

jdallman

Most people don't like punk anymore cuz they got short attention spams. For the masses, some band like the Ramones or Green Day will come along and spark their interest cuz they're 14 and bored of whatever incarnation of "metal" the radio has been playing. If you like pop-punk., that's fine. Don't make you any less punk. Hell, I like some of it, but most of it is manufactured and cannot sustain when it has to go back underground, which is where it belongs. Having said all that, I shall quote the ever wise PUNK_327:[QUOTE u='PUNK_327' d='2010-02-16 21:07:33' to all you real punks. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BANDS AND KEEP LISTENING TO GOOD MUSIC![/QUOTE] Most people don't like punk anymore cuz they got short attention spams. For the masses, some band like the Ramones or Green Day will come along and spark their interest cuz they're 14 and bored of whatever incarnation of "metal" the radio has been playing. If you like pop-punk., that's fine. Don't make you any less punk. Hell, I like some of it, but most of it is manufactured and cannot sustain when it has to go back underground, which is where it belongs. Having said all that, I shall quote the ever wise PUNK_327:[QUOTE u='PUNK_327' d='2010-02-16 21:07:33' to all you real punks. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BANDS AND KEEP LISTENING TO GOOD MUSIC![/QUOTE]
Posted: Jan 16, 2014 5:46 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand