UG Rock Opera Story Panel

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Plot Development

FrustratedRocka

This is the thread to toss around ideas about the storyline of the rock opera. Use it well and work with the people on the character thread. This is the thread to toss around ideas about the storyline of the rock opera.  Use it well and work with the people on the character thread.
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 6:06 PM - Quote - Report!

Kensai

Is there any way we could do this visually? Like drawball, but only for this group. I think have a visual storyboard we could all look at would be great. Is there any way we could do this visually? Like drawball, but only for this group. I think have a visual storyboard we could all look at would be great.
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 10:34 PM - Quote - Report!

FrustratedRocka

Um... sure? Um... sure?
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 8:12 PM - Quote - Report!

AngusPetrucci

FrustratedRocka wrote on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 3:12pm :
Um... sure?
lol

ill try to make an outline as we go along, if that helps you any =)
[QUOTE u='FrustratedRocka' d='2010-02-22 15:12:05']Um... sure?[/QUOTE]lol ill try to make an outline as we go along, if that helps you any =)
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 9:11 PM - Quote - Report!

FrustratedRocka

Here's an idea courtesy of Boreamor
boreamor wrote on Mar 1st, 2010 at 4:11pm :
Maybe you should split the story into different "cells". And each Cell collaborates with members in it. We have a basic story, yes? Break that up into 3 - 5 acts, title them and then get a few stories/lyrics/song written out per cell?
Here's an idea courtesy of Boreamor
[QUOTE u='boreamor' d='2010-03-01 16:11:58']Maybe you should split the story into different "cells". And each Cell collaborates with members in it. We have a basic story, yes? Break that up into 3 - 5 acts, title them and then get a few stories/lyrics/song written out per cell?[/QUOTE]
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 4:34 AM - Quote - Report!

ultimate-slash

Once we have the basic story complete, I think that might work pretty well. As long as every cell/group sticks to the story and does not drift off too far. It will also make sure that there are multiple sounds on this project, and it will be more of a group effort than just 3/4/5 people writing everything and the rest mindlessly recording it.

Plus it will make everything easier to do, since having 20+ people work on the same segment at once will get a little messy sometimes, and 20+ people working on different segments without any structure will also get things messy.
Once we have the basic story complete, I think that might work pretty well. As long as every cell/group sticks to the story and does not drift off too far. It will also make sure that there are multiple sounds on this project, and it will be more of a group effort than just 3/4/5 people writing everything and the rest mindlessly recording it. Plus it will make everything easier to do, since having 20+ people work on the same segment at once will get a little messy sometimes, and 20+ people working on different segments without any structure will also get things messy.
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 11:42 AM - Quote - Report!

FrustratedRocka

OK, I'll see what I can do about that. OK, I'll see what I can do about that.
Posted: Mar 3, 2010 4:07 PM - Quote - Report!

SlayingDragons

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. That way, it's not just 4 or 5 people writing the entire thing.

I have a suggestion on how it could work:

First, figure out the basic and major parts or the story, and how many people we have genuinely working on this, and use this to figure out how many groups we'll need, with 3-5 people per group.

Then, create a sign-up thread, in the group profile, and have each person choose which group they want to be in. It'd be on a first-come, first-serve type thing, I'd imagine. I say to limit each person be in 2 groups at the most, at the moment, to keep things even.

Then, have a thread made for each group, so they can discuss it among themselves. After we have all reached a conclusion to the story for our segment, we wold all post the finished story ideas in the final thread, and work out the last couple of bumps from there. If everyone agrees on it, then it's good!

Of course, before we do this, we have to all agree on the general plot, so it doesn't end up having a bunch of inconsistencies in it, and don't have to rewrite it a bunch of times.

Sound good? :D
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. That way, it's not just 4 or 5 people writing the entire thing.

I have a suggestion on how it could work:

First, figure out the basic and major parts or the story, and how many people we have genuinely working on this, and use this to figure out how many groups we'll need, with 3-5 people per group.

Then, create a sign-up thread, in the group profile, and have each person choose which group they want to be in. It'd be on a first-come, first-serve type thing, I'd imagine. I say to limit each person be in 2 groups at the most, at the moment, to keep things even.

Then, have a thread made for each group, so they can discuss it among themselves. After we have all reached a conclusion to the story for our segment, we wold all post the finished story ideas in the final thread, and work out the last couple of bumps from there. If everyone agrees on it, then it's good!

Of course, before we do this, we have to all agree on the general plot, so it doesn't end up having a bunch of inconsistencies in it, and don't have to rewrite it a bunch of times.

Sound good? :D
Posted: Mar 3, 2010 10:37 PM - Quote - Report!

FrustratedRocka

Yep. How about we devote this thread to the basic story and I'll set up the smaller threads later? Also, I think it would be a good idea to say that no cells can introduce new plot elements without clearing them with all subsequent cells. Yep. How about we devote this thread to the basic story and I'll set up the smaller threads later? Also, I think it would be a good idea to say that no cells can introduce new plot elements without clearing them with all subsequent cells.
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 2:07 PM - Quote - Report!

MetaIronForce

I think there needs to be some shocking twist in the end. Maybe when he wakes up from a coma he's in the middle of being operated on and he dies from shock and pain. Or perhaps he's actually dead and this whole dream world was actually a journey to hell. I think there needs to be some shocking twist in the end. Maybe when he wakes up from a coma he's in the middle of being operated on and he dies from shock and pain. Or perhaps he's actually dead and this whole dream world was actually a journey to hell.
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 5:38 PM - Quote - Report!

FrustratedRocka

You're a bit late to the party... the story's been decided for a while now. Search for the rock opera thread in the pit if you want to contribute. You're a bit late to the party... the story's been decided for a while now. Search for the rock opera thread in the pit if you want to contribute.
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 6:39 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand