Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

What Type of SLide do YOU use?!

ze monsta

SO TITLE SAYS IT ALL!

I use a brass slide! :confused:

SO TITLE SAYS IT ALL!

I use a brass slide! :confused:
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 6:07 PM - Quote - Report!

Cobalt Blue

Aluminum, I'm thinking of getting a glass slide though. Aluminum, I'm thinking of getting a glass slide though.
Posted: Aug 22, 2007 10:24 PM - Quote - Report!

spaminator101

usually glass but i like ceramic for acoustic usually glass but i like ceramic for acoustic
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 1:01 AM - Quote - Report!

captain_jack

I use a 15mm socket. ghetto gear ftw. I use a 15mm socket. ghetto gear ftw.
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 8:38 PM - Quote - Report!

wholovesthesun

Brass usually, glass when I'm not using that, and ceramic when I can't find the other two. Brass usually, glass when I'm not using that, and ceramic when I can't find the other two.
Posted: Aug 26, 2007 7:54 PM - Quote - Report!

Sloopy

Brass or the neck of an old Corona bottle. I use other things to do when I play in the lie-down style. Brass or the neck of an old Corona bottle. I use other things to do when I play in the lie-down style.
Posted: Aug 27, 2007 4:35 AM - Quote - Report!

shredmeiser101

I'm considering getting a medicine bottle glass slide, anyone have experience with these? I'm considering getting a medicine bottle glass slide, anyone have experience with these?
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 3:29 PM - Quote - Report!

wholovesthesun

I've got one of those. They are really authentic and great sounding, but I don't like how my finger can't come out of the other side. I've got one of those. They are really authentic and great sounding, but I don't like how my finger can't come out of the other side.
Posted: Sep 16, 2007 2:17 AM - Quote - Report!

Carswell98

Brass or Glass, haven't found a ceramic yet, when I do I'll buy one of those too Brass or Glass, haven't found a ceramic yet, when I do I'll buy one of those too
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 6:15 AM - Quote - Report!

lefthandman9876

really thick dunlop glass really thick dunlop glass
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 2:38 PM - Quote - Report!

Tele.Player.92

Dunlop Blues bottle. and a stainless steel one for electric Dunlop Blues bottle. and a stainless steel one for electric
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 10:54 AM - Quote - Report!

WhiteStripesIII

Glass, ceramic and chrome.. or if I don't have one on me I improvise one e.g. drumsticks etc Glass, ceramic and chrome.. or if I don't have one on me I improvise one e.g. drumsticks etc
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 11:54 PM - Quote - Report!

aartisookniemiz

Dunlop Dunlop
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 3:12 PM - Quote - Report!

Thefallofman

For acoustic: Hollow metal bar I found where I work (General Cable's warehouse... it's probably from inside of some industrial cable)

For electric: Hollow piece of plastic-y stuff that sounds pretty vintage.
For acoustic: Hollow metal bar I found where I work (General Cable's warehouse... it's probably from inside of some industrial cable)

For electric: Hollow piece of plastic-y stuff that sounds pretty vintage.
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 2:51 AM - Quote - Report!

Wood & Metal

I have a glass medicine bottle that I found lying around the house, and I used that until we ground off the neck of a wine bottle, so now I mainly use that .

It's pretty cool improvising for a slide with whatever you got. I heard that knives work too.
I have a glass medicine bottle that I found lying around the house, and I used that until we ground off the neck of a wine bottle, so now I mainly use that .

It's pretty cool improvising for a slide with whatever you got. I heard that knives work too.
Posted: Sep 2, 2008 2:42 PM - Quote - Report!

planetogo

I use brass on the dobro, or a thick steel slide when playing lap style, and I use a coricidin bottle for the electric. I use brass on the dobro, or a thick steel slide when playing lap style, and I use a coricidin bottle for the electric.
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 8:43 PM - Quote - Report!

snot_foster25

Bit late, but I use a brass slide on my resonator and acoustic, and a glass slide for my electric. Bit late, but I use a brass slide on my resonator and acoustic, and a glass slide for my electric.
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 3:31 AM - Quote - Report!

kenny_gtr

Steel for Blues songs, and Glass for most other songs. Steel for Blues songs, and Glass for most other songs.
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 5:11 PM - Quote - Report!

zorbozate

chrome, but the way i sound , it dosn,t really matter, when i get better i will use glass i figure. chrome, but the way i sound , it dosn,t really matter, when i get better i will use glass i figure.
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 8:48 PM - Quote - Report!

rocknroll93

220 jim dunlop steel.

I want a glass slide though.

What are the differences?
220 jim dunlop steel. I want a glass slide though. What are the differences?
Posted: Nov 17, 2009 9:18 PM - Quote - Report!

mrmesserschmit

glass all the way glass all the way
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 9:37 PM - Quote - Report!

habits

@rocknroll93

I use the same steel slide :)
@rocknroll93 I use the same steel slide :)
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 1:06 AM - Quote - Report!

slidething31

I use mostly glass slides that I make myself from wine bottles. The glass is thicker than what you'd get if you bought one, and it only takes an hour or so to make it usable. I use mostly glass slides that I make myself from wine bottles. The glass is thicker than what you'd get if you bought one, and it only takes an hour or so to make it usable.
Posted: Jul 24, 2010 6:25 PM - Quote - Report!

jontejonasson

a piece of a copper pipe, which i stole from a bunch of plumbers.... :P a piece of a copper pipe, which i stole from a bunch of plumbers.... :P
Posted: Dec 26, 2012 5:08 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand