Creating Songs

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Intro!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

So, im Kyle. i've been playing other people's songs for well, as long as i've been playing! but ya know what? i want to play one of my VERY OWN SONGS! BUT playing the songs arent the hard part... the hard part is, THINKING of the stuff.

I've thought of many beginnings to songs, some maybe that sound like metal, some sound like something that would be played on an acoustic! but i just cant think up anything else... SO here i am, i've made this Group in order to create a song that i like, that sounds good, and even though i probably wont admit it sometimes, it was made up of Different people's ideas. (lol)

Now, this group isn't only to "Create songs" you know why? because who can create a song when they dont know what tremelo picking is? Psh! i did not know what that was until earlier today (Saturday, August 09, 2008). how crappy is that? so what im going to do, is put different threads up. one specifically for Song ideas, maybe one for created song names, date created, that type of Professional stuff... and then others, helping the newer people to know what these things such as tremelo picking, vibrato, all that good stuff that half of it EVEN I STILL DONT KNOW! (lol) alright.

So, Anything you want to know? ask me about it. we can put up anything that you dont know. im in need of help, and if i cant help someone else, then i shouldnt be getting help myself.

So, here we are. Lets get busy with our Creation of Songs, and learning all these new things Rock on!
So, im Kyle. i've been playing other people's songs for well, as long as i've been playing! but ya know what? i want to play one of my VERY OWN SONGS! BUT playing the songs arent the hard part... the hard part is, THINKING of the stuff.

I've thought of many beginnings to songs, some maybe that sound like metal, some sound like something that would be played on an acoustic! but i just cant think up anything else... SO here i am, i've made this Group in order to create a song that i like, that sounds good, and even though i probably wont admit it sometimes, it was made up of Different people's ideas. (lol)

Now, this group isn't only to "Create songs" you know why? because who can create a song when they dont know what tremelo picking is? Psh! i did not know what that was until earlier today (Saturday, August 09, 2008). how crappy is that? so what im going to do, is put different threads up. one specifically for Song ideas, maybe one for created song names, date created, that type of Professional stuff... and then others, helping the newer people to know what these things such as tremelo picking, vibrato, all that good stuff that half of it EVEN I STILL DONT KNOW! (lol) alright.

So, Anything you want to know? ask me about it. we can put up anything that you dont know. im in need of help, and if i cant help someone else, then i shouldnt be getting help myself.

So, here we are. Lets get busy with our Creation of Songs, and learning all these new things Rock on!
Posted: Aug 9, 2008 9:58 PM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

i can help
play power chords on a tuning like this A B D G B E
just tune up the first two strings of your guitar
it sounds kinda not rocking, but i'm just putting my idea forward
i can help
play power chords on a tuning like this A B D G B E
just tune up the first two strings of your guitar
it sounds kinda not rocking, but i'm just putting my idea forward
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 4:09 PM - Quote - Report!

KOxSENSAI

i play using an awesome tuning style
D A D G B D
and i love remixing anything even my own songs
i play using an awesome tuning style
D A D G B D
and i love remixing anything even my own songs
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 8:53 PM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

anyone tried this?
D A E G C F?
anyone?
anyone tried this?
D A E G C F?
anyone?
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 4:25 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

ahhNOPE i use standard and drop D thats about all i can tune lol ahhNOPE i use standard and drop D thats about all i can tune lol
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 5:51 AM - Quote - Report!

Crazymike100

Really? Just those two?

Ah, it's ok, man.

I rarely go lower then D...
Really? Just those two?

Ah, it's ok, man.

I rarely go lower then D...
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 8:02 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

i dont have a reason to go lower...it just doesnt sound good like... Double drop d or something like that...wouldnt sound good i dont have a reason to go lower...it just doesnt sound good like... Double drop d or something like that...wouldnt sound good
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 2:21 AM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

try drop b
its not bad, could for an angry feel
B E A D G B
try drop b
its not bad, could for an angry feel
B E A D G B
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 1:44 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

lol I'll try that! i love angry Music! =] describes my humanity... LoLz but yea man, you're gunna have to teach me how to do that LoLz! lol I'll try that! i love angry Music! =] describes my humanity... LoLz but yea man, you're gunna have to teach me how to do that LoLz!
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 1:44 AM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

just tune all your strings down to five half steps (if your guitar is tuned properly that is)
if you dont want to bother doing it this way, then use the powertab way i mentioned in the other threads
just tune all your strings down to five half steps (if your guitar is tuned properly that is)
if you dont want to bother doing it this way, then use the powertab way i mentioned in the other threads
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 10:09 AM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

half a step... i could use the knowledge of "how to do that" lol. like what exactly IS half a step. half a step... i could use the knowledge of "how to do that" lol. like what exactly IS half a step.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 6:47 AM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

errr.... its kinda hard to explain, i'm not sure you'll get it
its 1 fret really
errr.... its kinda hard to explain, i'm not sure you'll get it
its 1 fret really
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 2:35 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

ahh, so lets say instead of tuning it regular , lets say you ARE tuning it regular, and if you want half a step down, you tune it to 4 instead of 5 fret* for the standard half stepped down right? ahh, so lets say instead of tuning it regular , lets say you ARE tuning it regular, and if you want half a step down, you tune it to 4 instead of 5 fret* for the standard half stepped down right?
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 9:28 PM - Quote - Report!

MGD1992

try a Em-C-G-D (standard tuning)
first do this just with tabbing the chords how you like, then a second time with hitting the chords, then do a Am-F-C
and then begin.

so..

Em-C-G-D 2X first tabbing then hitting
Am-F-C
first do this just with tabbing the chords how you like, then a second time with hitting the chords, then do a Am-F-C
and then begin.

so..

Am-F-C
Posted: Oct 29, 2008 9:42 AM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

Im not sure that i get what you're trying to say...because i honestly dont know what you're saying lol. Explain?
MGD1992 wrote on Oct 29th, 2008 at 4:42am :

and then begin.

so..

Am-F-C
Im not sure that i get what you're trying to say...because i honestly dont know what you're saying lol. Explain?
[QUOTE u='MGD1992' d='2008-10-29 04:42:27']try a Em-C-G-D (standard tuning)

and then begin.

so..

Am-F-C[/QUOTE]
Posted: Nov 3, 2008 10:32 PM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

MGD1992 wrote on Oct 29th, 2008 at 4:42am :

and then begin.

so..

Am-F-C

uh...what?
sorry i just didnt really get what you said

the best way to communicate for all of us is to just use tabs
[QUOTE u='MGD1992' d='2008-10-29 04:42:27']try a Em-C-G-D (standard tuning)

and then begin.

so..

Am-F-C[/QUOTE]
uh...what?
sorry i just didnt really get what you said

the best way to communicate for all of us is to just use tabs
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 5:05 AM - Quote - Report!

MGD1992

they are meant as chords...
srry, i was kind of a noob back then
they are meant as chords... srry, i was kind of a noob back then
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 5:59 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand