Creating Songs

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Creation Ideas

KoRn-FrEaK-15

So here's what this thread is about.

You're playing your guitar and you accidentally hit the wrong note, making a whole new image in your mind. you think "Woah...that could be a song that i make up and it actually sounds good..." so what do we do when we get these thoughts? we try to make up solos, rifts, all that good stuff...but the ONLY thing that comes to mind for some people (Meaning me also) is just that same beginning... so how crappy right?

WRONG!

this thread is for US. we share our excluded ideas.

Say i have something that sounds good, and i want to put a solo in it...but i dont have one, so i talk to another group member saying "well hey man, i've got this, but i need this to make it 1 more percent complete... have anything?" and they say "yea, try playing this solo at the beginning, it should sound great!"

But what if it doesnt sound good? no problem! we go onto another member (Making sure to thank the member you already talked to though, we dont want to be an ass do we?) so you ask the same stuff.

Twenty minutes later, you FINALLY have that piece of your song that makes it sound so great.

Im truly hoping that i can get this group up and running and have plenty of people in here with me learning and giving ideas.

Lets try this stuff out!
Fellow Guitarist
Kyle Vanover

So here's what this thread is about.

You're playing your guitar and you accidentally hit the wrong note, making a whole new image in your mind. you think "Woah...that could be a song that i make up and it actually sounds good..." so what do we do when we get these thoughts? we try to make up solos, rifts, all that good stuff...but the ONLY thing that comes to mind for some people (Meaning me also) is just that same beginning... so how crappy right?

WRONG!

this thread is for US. we share our excluded ideas.

Say i have something that sounds good, and i want to put a solo in it...but i dont have one, so i talk to another group member saying "well hey man, i've got this, but i need this to make it 1 more percent complete... have anything?" and they say "yea, try playing this solo at the beginning, it should sound great!"

But what if it doesnt sound good? no problem! we go onto another member (Making sure to thank the member you already talked to though, we dont want to be an ass do we?) so you ask the same stuff.

Twenty minutes later, you FINALLY have that piece of your song that makes it sound so great.

Im truly hoping that i can get this group up and running and have plenty of people in here with me learning and giving ideas.

Lets try this stuff out!
                                                                   Fellow Guitarist
                                                             Kyle Vanover

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 10:04 PM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

when making a song, especially when creating solos
i think it out and imagine what i want it to sound like
and then you look for the right note on your fretboard and play what it should sound like when you first thought of it

this takes a lot of ear-traning lessons so you gotta be patient and not give up!
sooner or later, you'll have what you're looking for!
when making a song, especially when creating solos
i think it out and imagine what i want it to sound like
and then you look for the right note on your fretboard and play what it should sound like when you first thought of it

this takes a lot of ear-traning lessons so you gotta be patient and not give up!
sooner or later, you'll have what you're looking for!
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 4:14 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

Exactly. but i cant do my shit by ear, usually it pisses me off cause after three hours of searching i only get two notes...lol Exactly. but i cant do my shit by ear, usually it pisses me off cause after three hours of searching i only get two notes...lol
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 5:53 AM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

KoRn-FrEaK-15 wrote on Aug 24th, 2008 at 12:53am :
Exactly. but i cant do my shit by ear, usually it pisses me off cause after three hours of searching i only get two notes...lol

really? cant be THAT bad!
[QUOTE u='KoRn-FrEaK-15' d='2008-08-24 00:53:41']Exactly. but i cant do my shit by ear, usually it pisses me off cause after three hours of searching i only get two notes...lol[/QUOTE]
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 1:49 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

devilex121 wrote on Aug 29th, 2008 at 8:49am :
Exactly. but i cant do my shit by ear, usually it pisses me off cause after three hours of searching i only get two notes...lol

lol okay maybe not THAT bad...but im just not good at shit by ear. LoLz
[QUOTE u='devilex121' d='2008-08-29 08:49:32'][QUOTE u='KoRn-FrEaK-15' d='2008-08-24 00:53:41']Exactly. but i cant do my shit by ear, usually it pisses me off cause after three hours of searching i only get two notes...lol[/QUOTE]

really? cant be THAT bad![/QUOTE]
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 1:44 AM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

KoRn-FrEaK-15 wrote on Aug 29th, 2008 at 8:44pm :
devilex121 wrote on Aug 29th, 2008 at 8:49am :

oh okay!
just to help you out, you know the ug home page?
over there type in the search box (make sure you're searching in lessons)
tuning
theres some really useful stuff
[QUOTE u='KoRn-FrEaK-15' d='2008-08-29 20:44:02'][QUOTE u='devilex121' d='2008-08-29 08:49:32'][QUOTE u='KoRn-FrEaK-15' d='2008-08-24 00:53:41']Exactly. but i cant do my shit by ear, usually it pisses me off cause after three hours of searching i only get two notes...lol[/QUOTE]

really? cant be THAT bad![/QUOTE]

lol okay maybe not THAT bad...but im just not good at shit by ear. LoLz[/QUOTE]
oh okay!
just to help you out, you know the ug home page?
over there type in the search box (make sure you're searching in lessons)
tuning
theres some really useful stuff
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 10:11 AM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

Alright man thanks i'll look into that. Alright man thanks i'll look into that.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 6:46 AM - Quote - Report!

MGD1992

i make up songs from my personal life. and i just know wich chords go well with wich kind of lyrics.
i first make lyrics, than music
i make up songs from my personal life. and i just know wich chords go well with wich kind of lyrics. i first make lyrics, than music
Posted: Jun 24, 2010 6:05 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand