Creating Songs

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Unknown Terms

KoRn-FrEaK-15

So, yet again we are stumped on what the hell to do, but this time its not creating your song.

This time, its learning what all of these strange words mean.

for Example; Vibrato, Tremelo Picking, Arpeggio, Ect.

So all of these strange words and stuff is floating in your mind, making you frustrated to where you just want to pick your computer up and bash it through the window... well STOP where you are! because this thread is going to help all of us out.

Anything you know, we'll have someone in here that knows it. this is just basically a big descussion about these terms.

somehow we can get this organized... BUT this will probably be the most difficult to organize. so try to keep everything as organized as possible.. Thanks!

(we might possibly get a type of Dictionary thread... including all of these words, and possibly helping you learn how to use them)

Hopefully this can help!
Fellow Guitarist!
Kyle Vanover

So, yet again we are stumped on what the hell to do, but this time its not creating your song.

This time, its learning what all of these strange words mean.

for Example; Vibrato, Tremelo Picking, Arpeggio, Ect.

So all of these strange words and stuff is floating in your mind, making you frustrated to where you just want to pick your computer up and bash it through the window... well STOP where you are! because this thread is going to help all of us out.

Anything you know, we'll have someone in here that knows it. this is just basically a big descussion about these terms.

somehow we can get this organized... BUT this will probably be the most difficult to organize. so try to keep everything as organized as possible.. Thanks!

(we might possibly get a type of Dictionary thread... including all of these words, and possibly helping you learn how to use them)

Hopefully this can help! 
                                                                         Fellow Guitarist!
                                                                    Kyle Vanover

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 10:12 PM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

i'll do those three words mentioned by Kyle right now for those who dont already know

vibrato-when you do this on a note, the frequency of a note will go up and down, this can be done in two ways, by slightly bending and not-bending the string, or by using the tremolo bar (aka whammy bar)

tremolo-i think its when you pick the string seriously fast

arpeggio-its like strumming the guitar but slower so that each individual note of the six (more ore less for others) strings are heard clearly

i'm not too sure about the meanings so correct me if i'm wrong

(i'm also getting this feeling that someone out of nowhere will just say 'why dont you look it in a dictionary website')
i'll do those three words mentioned by Kyle right now for those who dont already know

vibrato-when you do this on a note, the frequency of a note will go up and down, this can be done in two ways, by slightly bending and not-bending the string, or by using the tremolo bar (aka whammy bar)

tremolo-i think its when you pick the string seriously fast

arpeggio-its like strumming the guitar but slower so that each individual note of the six (more ore less for others) strings are heard clearly

i'm not too sure about the meanings so correct me if i'm wrong

(i'm also getting this feeling that someone out of nowhere will just say 'why dont you look it in a dictionary website')
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 4:24 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

lol i'll bet they will, but still? we're helping people :D lol i'll bet they will, but still? we're helping people :D
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 9:53 PM - Quote - Report!

Crazymike100

Tremolo picking= picking each note at high velocities. If you do it right, it should sound like you just picked it once, and is still ringing. Thus appearing you have greater sustain.

And... the dude above me got the rest of them right.
Tremolo picking= picking each note at high velocities. If you do it right, it should sound like you just picked it once, and is still ringing. Thus appearing you have greater sustain.

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 2:51 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

lol There we go, im glad we're getting more members now. lol There we go, im glad we're getting more members now.
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 1:23 AM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

Crazymike100 wrote on Aug 22nd, 2008 at 9:51am :

i have a name!
that smiley will never stop making me laugh!
its okay though!
we're cool?
[QUOTE u='Crazymike100' d='2008-08-22 09:51:23']Tremolo picking= picking each note at high velocities. If you do it right, it should sound like you just picked it once, and is still ringing. Thus appearing you have greater sustain.

And... the dude above me got the rest of them right.[/QUOTE]
i have a name!
its okay though!
we're cool?
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 4:24 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

lol yea! lol jk jk jk lol yea! lol jk jk jk
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 5:52 AM - Quote - Report!

Crazymike100

devilex121 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2008 at 11:24am :
Crazymike100 wrote on Aug 22nd, 2008 at 9:51am :

i have a name!
its okay though!
we're cool?

Oh, sorry, I just cba to look at it, lolol, sorry, mate!
We're cool.
:cheers:
[QUOTE u='devilex121' d='2008-08-23 11:24:16'][QUOTE u='Crazymike100' d='2008-08-22 09:51:23']Tremolo picking= picking each note at high velocities. If you do it right, it should sound like you just picked it once, and is still ringing. Thus appearing you have greater sustain.

And... the dude above me got the rest of them right.[/QUOTE]

i have a name!
its okay though!
we're cool?
[/QUOTE]
Oh, sorry, I just cba to look at it, lolol, sorry, mate!
We're cool.
:cheers:
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 7:58 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

Hmm, does anyone here think we should do a thread on "Song Lyrics" ? i made up some lyrics earlier that sounded pretty cool if you know how to sing them...LoLz i made'em up into like a KoRn rythem... but yea. Hmm, does anyone here think we should do a thread on "Song Lyrics" ? i made up some lyrics earlier that sounded pretty cool if you know how to sing them...LoLz i made'em up into like a KoRn rythem... but yea.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 6:48 AM - Quote - Report!

guitargodgary13

Arpeggio: is a broken chord played one note at a time instead just strumming the chord
Tremolo Picking: is just alternate picking (i think)
Vibrato: Devilex121
Arpeggio: is a broken chord played one note at a time instead just strumming the chord
Tremolo Picking: is just alternate picking (i think)
Vibrato: Devilex121
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 1:15 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand