Creating Songs

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Tuning the Guitar

KoRn-FrEaK-15

So we read tabs... we see "Guitar tuning - D A D G E B -" or something similar... what i think is "...Whaddafuck?"
im also thinking at the same time "how the hell am i going to know how to get that tuning when im a novice guitarist?"

So this thread is to help people in understanding how to tune their guitar.

This thread will help EVERYONE out, especially noobie guitarist.

Oh and ***

Ps**
Be sure to read everything here.
We need people who arent just going to be there,
people who can actually help people out.

So we read tabs... we see "Guitar tuning - D A D G E B -" or something similar... what i think is "...Whaddafuck?"
im also thinking at the same time "how the hell am i going to know how to get that tuning when im a novice guitarist?"

So this thread is to help people in understanding how to tune their guitar.

This thread will help EVERYONE out, especially noobie guitarist.

Oh and ***

Ps**
Be sure to read everything here.
We need people who arent just going to be there,
people who can actually help people out.

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 2:38 AM - Quote - Report!

Crazymike100

Ok, I've read everything here, it sounds good.

Well, I can't really think of a way to explain tuning in just a sec. Plus I'm listening to The Leaving Song, so I can't think straight right now.
Ok, I've read everything here, it sounds good.

Well, I can't really think of a way to explain tuning in just a sec. Plus I'm listening to The Leaving Song, so I can't think straight right now.
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 8:26 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

alright cool, just explain whenever you want the best that you can. alright cool, just explain whenever you want the best that you can.
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 6:42 AM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

tuning, really useful stuff if your ear can recognize most notes
everyone knows drop d right?
for those who dont - D A D G B E
its simpler than it looks
just tune down your sixth string (E) one whole step and there you go
tuning, really useful stuff if your ear can recognize most notes
everyone knows drop d right?
for those who dont - D A D G B E
its simpler than it looks
just tune down your sixth string (E) one whole step and there you go
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 4:21 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

yea but then again, a step..how many turns is that? lol thats what we have to target yea but then again, a step..how many turns is that? lol thats what we have to target
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 5:50 AM - Quote - Report!

Crazymike100

...well, you pluck a note on the top string (It's the thick one!) On the seventh fret. Then you tune it down.
I don't know how else to explain it. The number of turns dosen't really matter, every guitar is different. What might be a half turn for me could be a quarter turn for you.
Personally, I don't go lower then Standard. So just use a tuner! lol
...well, you pluck a note on the top string (It's the thick one!) On the seventh fret. Then you tune it down.
I don't know how else to explain it. The number of turns dosen't really matter, every guitar is different. What might be a half turn for me could be a quarter turn for you.
Personally, I don't go lower then Standard. So just use a tuner! lol
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 11:27 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

LoL i dont have a tuner... like say if i wanted to go Drop C with all cords, how do you do that? which fret? LoL i dont have a tuner... like say if i wanted to go Drop C with all cords, how do you do that? which fret?
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 2:28 AM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

i kinda forgot drop c
for those who have powertab, i got a tip for y'all
theres a tuning dictionary in there in the tools menu
and you can tune your guitar in the guitar selection button
the sound might come a bit distorted but you should be able to recognize it
i kinda forgot drop c
for those who have powertab, i got a tip for y'all
theres a tuning dictionary in there in the tools menu
and you can tune your guitar in the guitar selection button
the sound might come a bit distorted but you should be able to recognize it
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 1:36 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

yes, but how could that teach me how to do drop C? try to find out which fret is drop c man. yes, but how could that teach me how to do drop C? try to find out which fret is drop c man.
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 1:42 AM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

found it!
drop c
C G D G A D
found it!
drop c
C G D G A D
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 10:13 AM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

alright, which fret do i use to tune it? how many turns? what it should sound like, that type of stuff, most importantly, i need to know which fret i match the next string up with the string im dropping. alright, which fret do i use to tune it? how many turns? what it should sound like, that type of stuff, most importantly, i need to know which fret i match the next string up with the string im dropping.
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 6:45 AM - Quote - Report!

devilex121

ummm......i'm already ear-sensitive so i dont really have a problem cos i know what it should sound like
for those of you who are not ear-sensitive, you can simply keep the middle two strings (D and G) and then tune the other strings accordingly
ummm......i'm already ear-sensitive so i dont really have a problem cos i know what it should sound like
for those of you who are not ear-sensitive, you can simply keep the middle two strings (D and G) and then tune the other strings accordingly
Posted: Sep 18, 2008 2:41 PM - Quote - Report!

KoRn-FrEaK-15

Ahh... Maybe i'll have to get some more help on that situation. Ahh... Maybe i'll have to get some more help on that situation.
Posted: Sep 20, 2008 7:48 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand