Self-Taught Guitarists United

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Self-Taught VS Lessons!

ROCKMAN_A1

Ok guys which one you think is better?i think each one has got it's own advantages.what is your idea? Ok guys which one you think is better?i think each one has got it's own advantages.what is your idea?
Posted: May 1, 2009 6:18 AM - Quote - Report!

vinc3nt

Yeah i like the freedom of self teaching, you can learn at your own pace, always choose the stuff you want to learn. But lessons can be helpfull too, mosly in the beginner years, but also in the intermidiate/advanced stages, when you might need a bit of techinical instruction. Yeah i like the freedom of self teaching, you can learn at your own pace, always choose the stuff you want to learn. But lessons can be helpfull too, mosly in the beginner years, but also in the intermidiate/advanced stages, when you might need a bit of techinical instruction.
Posted: Jun 2, 2009 12:06 PM - Quote - Report!

electric killer

i dont know exactly, lessons would be good because there is someone there to help you but with self teaching you can do what you want when you want when you decide to do it i dont know exactly, lessons would be good because there is someone there to help you but with self teaching you can do what you want when you want when you decide to do it
Posted: May 25, 2010 2:10 PM - Quote - Report!

zeppdc

I prefer to be self taught like what vinc3nt u can take it at your own pace but lesson may be a good idea if your just a beginner. I prefer to be self taught like what vinc3nt u can take it at your own pace but lesson may be a good idea if your just a beginner.
Posted: May 26, 2010 8:04 AM - Quote - Report!

Unicronus

the benefit of being self taught is that you learn to understand how the guitar works better, with lessons you learn what someone tells you the benefit of being self taught is that you learn to understand how the guitar works better, with lessons you learn what someone tells you
Posted: Nov 8, 2010 3:26 AM - Quote - Report!

electric killer

@unicronus:
I fully agree
its funny because my friend has lessons so i laugh at him when i know something he doesn't and i say my joke 'what do you pay for' well, it's not that funny but yeah
@unicronus: I fully agree its funny because my friend has lessons so i laugh at him when i know something he doesn't and i say my joke 'what do you pay for' well, it's not that funny but yeah
Posted: Nov 24, 2010 1:51 AM - Quote - Report!

beaurepairs97

i think self tort is better bacause you learn your "own" style of playing not the way someone else plays well thats what i think anywayz :) i think self tort is better bacause you learn your "own" style of playing not the way someone else plays well thats what i think anywayz :)
Posted: Jun 11, 2011 3:05 AM - Quote - Report!

MaggaraMarine

Well, I think that when you start playing guitar it's better if you don't take lessons. Then you will know if you want it or not. If you start taking lessons when you start playing, going to lessons might become a thing that you don't like because your parents say you have to go there and you are starting to feel pressure because of your guitar "homework". I think you should start taking lessons when you are sure you really want to play guitar. If I started taking lessons I wouldn't have them every week. For me it was easy to start because I had played trumpet and I knew music theory well. And I think like this because I had felt like this when I played trumpet. It was like "homework" and my parents told me to play trumpet. I couldn't decide when I play. Now when I'm going to trumpet lessons I know that I get some good advice. And I have started getting interested in music theory. Well, I think that when you start playing guitar it's better if you don't take lessons. Then you will know if you want it or not. If you start taking lessons when you start playing, going to lessons might become a thing that you don't like because your parents say you have to go there and you are starting to feel pressure because of your guitar "homework". I think you should start taking lessons when you are sure you really want to play guitar. If I started taking lessons I wouldn't have them every week. For me it was easy to start because I had played trumpet and I knew music theory well. And I think like this because I had felt like this when I played trumpet. It was like "homework" and my parents told me to play trumpet. I couldn't decide when I play. Now when I'm going to trumpet lessons I know that I get some good advice. And I have started getting interested in music theory.
Posted: Oct 25, 2011 8:14 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand