Stratocaster Lovers

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Help me identify this mod(s)?

klandingham

Hi, I have an older strat I bought while in college years ago. At the time I was working at a music store to pay tuition so I got a deal on it, plus I had a friend put some mods into it.

Now, years later, I've dusted it off and I am trying to remember what these mods are.

The pickups are original. The 2nd tone control includes a push-pull switch that changes the tone (perhaps this is a "series" switch?). The stock jackplate was replaced with a flat one that includes a small toggle switch that has 3 positions (up, center, down). Inside there is some circuitry including a 9V battery.

I realize this is a very rough description, and I can supply photos, but I'm wondering if anyone might be able to guess at what these mods are, given they were likely done in the mid-70's to early 80's.

Thanks.

Hi, I have an older strat I bought while in college years ago.  At the time I was working at a music store to pay tuition so I got a deal on it, plus I had a friend put some mods into it.

Now, years later, I've dusted it off and I am trying to remember what these mods are.

The pickups are original.  The 2nd tone control includes a push-pull switch that changes the tone (perhaps this is a "series" switch?).  The stock jackplate was replaced with a flat one that includes a small toggle switch that has 3 positions (up, center, down).  Inside there is some circuitry including a 9V battery.

I realize this is a very rough description, and I can supply photos, but I'm wondering if anyone might be able to guess at what these mods are, given they were likely done in the mid-70's to early 80's.

Thanks.

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 11:01 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand