Syd Barrett

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Favourite Barrett/Pink Floyd with Barrett Song?

add45

The title says it all...
I'm gonna go with Octopus, I think...
See Emily Play, Arnold Layne, and Wined and Dined (from the album "Barrett") are pretty close too though.

:cheers:
Edit: And how could I forget Terrapin? :rolleyes:

The title says it all...
I'm gonna go with Octopus, I think...
See Emily Play, Arnold Layne, and Wined and Dined (from the album "Barrett") are pretty close too though.

:cheers:
Edit: And how could I forget Terrapin? :rolleyes:

Posted: Aug 18, 2007 3:14 PM - Quote - Report!

SethMegadefan

From Barrett solo, it might be "No Man's Land," or maybe even "Feel" (even though that one's a bit rough). So many songs from Madcap Laughs come to mind.
And from the Floyd era, I'd maybe say "Astronomy Domine," or "Matilda Mother" (sweet organ solo!).
From Barrett solo, it might be "No Man's Land," or maybe even "Feel" (even though that one's a bit rough). So many songs from Madcap Laughs come to mind.
And from the Floyd era, I'd maybe say "Astronomy Domine," or "Matilda Mother" (sweet organ solo!).
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 5:16 PM - Quote - Report!

jagstang270

I may go with Astronomy Domine or Terrapin (I must say that adam interduced me to that one.) I may go with Astronomy Domine or Terrapin (I must say that adam interduced me to that one.)
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 6:00 PM - Quote - Report!

Thefallofman

Jugband Blues! Jugband Blues!
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 6:10 PM - Quote - Report!

rhcp_freak

Thefallofman wrote on Aug 18th, 2007 at 1:10pm :
Jugband Blues!
Thats another of the few Barrett songs I've heard. I like it a lot.
Thefallofman wrote on Aug 18th, 2007 at 1:10pm :
Jugband Blues!
Thats another of the few Barrett songs I've heard. I like it a lot.
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 6:45 PM - Quote - Report!

add45

I'm listening to Baby Lemonade right now, it's just so beautiful. I could listen to it all day...
I got this 3 CD set called "Crazy Diamond". It came with: a 24 page booklet, The Madcaps Laugh, Barrett, and Opel. I recomend it to anyone that can get their hands on it. Great stuff...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Diamond
I'm listening to Baby Lemonade right now, it's just so beautiful. I could listen to it all day...
I got this 3 CD set called "Crazy Diamond". It came with: a 24 page booklet, The Madcaps Laugh, Barrett, and Opel. I recomend it to anyone that can get their hands on it. Great stuff...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Diamond
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 6:47 PM - Quote - Report!

European Son

Matilda Mother, probably. Matilda Mother, probably.
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 12:33 AM - Quote - Report!

TheDev01dOne

Either Bike or Jugband Blues for PF era..

Orr.. Here I go for his solo stuff.
Either Bike or Jugband Blues for PF era..

Orr.. Here I go for his solo stuff.
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 1:30 AM - Quote - Report!

TheHeartbreaker

I haven't listened to any of Syd's solo caree, so I'm going to have to choose a Pink Floyd song.

Hm... Personally, I really enjoy Arnold Layne and Interstellar Overdrive.
I haven't listened to any of Syd's solo caree, so I'm going to have to choose a Pink Floyd song.

Hm... Personally, I really enjoy Arnold Layne and Interstellar Overdrive.
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 3:11 PM - Quote - Report!

Small Print

Interstellar Overdrive, Astronomy Domine, Lucifer Sam or See Emily Play for me. Still haven't heard any solo stuff:(

I'll have to get Madcap.
Interstellar Overdrive, Astronomy Domine, Lucifer Sam or See Emily Play for me. Still haven't heard any solo stuff:(

I'll have to get Madcap.
Posted: Aug 28, 2007 8:37 PM - Quote - Report!

European Son

Do get Madcap. It's brilliant. Do get Madcap. It's brilliant.
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 9:40 PM - Quote - Report!

Small Print

I will if I can find it.:)

Oh, and you can add Arnold Layne to the list now. Adore that song. :)
I will if I can find it.:)

Oh, and you can add Arnold Layne to the list now. Adore that song. :)
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 11:14 PM - Quote - Report!

Feel bad inc.

See emily play, or jugband blues... or dark globe, it makes me shiver his voice in that.. See emily play, or jugband blues... or dark globe, it makes me shiver his voice in that..
Posted: Oct 19, 2007 7:42 AM - Quote - Report!

add45

^Yeah, same here. I saw this video of him in his later part of life with the song in the background, made me think a lot. ^Yeah, same here. I saw this video of him in his later part of life with the song in the background, made me think a lot.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 5:29 PM - Quote - Report!

zman@home

Jugband blues, astonomy domine, intersteller overdrive, arnold layne, terrapin, bike, apples and oranges, there are more... his solo stuff is interesting too... Jugband blues, astonomy domine, intersteller overdrive, arnold layne, terrapin, bike, apples and oranges, there are more... his solo stuff is interesting too...
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 8:14 AM - Quote - Report!

Evil_Magician

Octopus , Appleas And Oranges,Flaming epicly awesome songs Octopus , Appleas And Oranges,Flaming epicly awesome songs
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 2:12 PM - Quote - Report!

stonegolem13

From the little I've heard of Syd's solo stuff Dominoes is great....as for a PF song with Barrett, I'll say Flaming, The Scarecrow or Astronomy Domine
:)
From the little I've heard of Syd's solo stuff Dominoes is great....as for a PF song with Barrett, I'll say Flaming, The Scarecrow or Astronomy Domine
:)
Posted: Jan 26, 2008 8:40 AM - Quote - Report!

Thefallofman

Bob Dylan Blues rules. Bob Dylan Blues rules.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 3:36 PM - Quote - Report!

MystiFerdinand

Interstellar Overdrive, Baby Lemonade, Gigolo Aunt, or Bike xxx Interstellar Overdrive, Baby Lemonade, Gigolo Aunt, or Bike xxx
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 8:29 PM - Quote - Report!

mastaofrocknrol

Astronomy Domine...........love that song Astronomy Domine...........love that song
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 1:21 PM - Quote - Report!

A Rolling Stone

Lucifer Sam. Or Is It In? . Can't decide. Lucifer Sam. Or Is It In? .

Can't decide.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 2:54 AM - Quote - Report!

tomisamonkeyman

The Gnome The Gnome
Posted: Dec 17, 2010 2:20 AM - Quote - Report!

genium5

Lucifer Sam! Lucifer Sam!
Posted: Mar 30, 2013 3:21 PM - Quote - Report!

new yardbird 9

Bike! Bike!
Posted: Apr 4, 2013 3:02 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand