Technique

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

which comes first the music or the lyrics?

Halfmastmutiny

i tend to write songs by beginning with the lyrics but then always find myself at a lost when it comes to writing the music portion. and when i write music i find it hard to come up with good lyrics.:wtf: so i'm kinda stuck. wwyd?(what would you do?) i tend to write songs by beginning with the lyrics but then always find myself at a lost when it comes to writing the music portion. and when i write music i find it hard to come up with good lyrics.:wtf: so i'm kinda stuck. wwyd?(what would you do?)
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 1:55 PM - Quote - Report!

aig91

Music first. My songs are almost always instrumental because I don't write lyrics well. Music first. My songs are almost always instrumental because I don't write lyrics well.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 3:31 PM - Quote - Report!

BoomBazookaJoe

I have always listened to the music more than the lyrics, but when I'm writing them on my own, I always write the lyrics first, and create music that amplifies the feeling and emotion in the lyrics, that follows the natural rythem. I have always listened to the music more than the lyrics, but when I'm writing them on my own, I always write the lyrics first, and create music that amplifies the feeling and emotion in the lyrics, that follows the natural rythem.
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 3:56 PM - Quote - Report!

lukeuh36azabc

i only write music i can't do lyrics really. Even when i listen to a song i am not that interested in the lyrics that much. i only write music i can't do lyrics really. Even when i listen to a song i am not that interested in the lyrics that much.
Posted: Nov 1, 2008 4:33 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand