Teens on UG

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

What kind of music do you like?

TeenAngst

I pretty much like everything except for country and most rap.

My music is generally a bunch of underground indie bands that no one has heard of, wbu guys? :):wtf:
I pretty much like everything except for country and most rap.

My music is generally a bunch of underground indie bands that no one has heard of, wbu guys? :):wtf:
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 12:54 AM - Quote - Report!

Gruebane

I will listen to almost any music except for rap. But the music I choose to listen to is metal (from early stuff like sabbath to the newest stuff). I will listen to almost any music except for rap. But the music I choose to listen to is metal (from early stuff like sabbath to the newest stuff).
Posted: Mar 17, 2009 5:36 PM - Quote - Report!

Eddie4President

Deep down, I am a metalhead. I fall asleep to the noise of Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Disturbed and Children of Bodom. Hair metal/Glam Metal is awesome too. But I listen to anything else a lot, from electronica, to dance musuic, to country, to pop.
I've fallen asleep to Britney Spears before too. :)
Deep down, I am a metalhead. I fall asleep to the noise of Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Disturbed and Children of Bodom. Hair metal/Glam Metal is awesome too. But I listen to anything else a lot, from electronica, to dance musuic, to country, to pop.
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 4:38 PM - Quote - Report!

TeenAngst

Eddie4President wrote on Mar 18th, 2009 at 11:38am :

I'm guilty of being a slight metal fan myself. My friend got me into Disturbed and Iron Maiden. For some reason I could never get into Children of Bodom :/.. And for some strange reason even though I am no where near being a Britney Spears fan I agreed to go to her concert next week with my friend *sigh* I wish it was a slipknot concert but Spears will at least be entertaining..
[QUOTE u='Eddie4President' d='2009-03-18 11:38:01']Deep down, I am a metalhead. I fall asleep to the noise of Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Disturbed and Children of Bodom. Hair metal/Glam Metal is awesome too. But I listen to anything else a lot, from electronica, to dance musuic, to country, to pop.
I've fallen asleep to Britney Spears before too. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm guilty of being a slight metal fan myself. My friend got me into Disturbed and Iron Maiden. For some reason I could never get into Children of Bodom :/.. And for some strange reason even though I am no where near being a Britney Spears fan I agreed to go to her concert next week with my friend *sigh* I wish it was a slipknot concert but Spears will at least be entertaining..
Posted: Mar 18, 2009 7:02 PM - Quote - Report!

keys13

OH come on TeenAngst. You know how lucky you are, going to that concert? I understand why CoB is hard to get into. OH come on TeenAngst. You know how lucky you are, going to that concert? I understand why CoB is hard to get into.
Posted: Mar 21, 2009 7:55 AM - Quote - Report!

3 days grace14

Metal{every subgenre u can think of}, Hard Rock, Alt, Alt Rock, NO RAP!!!!!!!!

biggest oxymoron i ever heard RAP MUSIC
Metal{every subgenre u can think of}, Hard Rock, Alt, Alt Rock, NO RAP!!!!!!!!

biggest oxymoron i ever heard RAP MUSIC
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 3:58 AM - Quote - Report!

Eddie4President

*Sigh* One day, 3 days grace14, one day, you will learn to embrace.

Hating rap doesn't make you more "metal."

In fact, there are a lot of great metal/rock bands that incorporate rap.

Dream theater has rap vocals in some of their songs.

Rage Against the Machine, has tons of rapping in their music.

Slipknot has quite a lot of rap-based vocals.

Embrace more, and hate less. All music is music, all art is art. Appreciate, and create.
*Sigh* One day, 3 days grace14, one day, you will learn to embrace.

Dream theater has rap vocals in some of their songs.

Rage Against the Machine, has tons of rapping in their music.

Slipknot has quite a lot of rap-based vocals.

Embrace more, and hate less. All music is music, all art is art. Appreciate, and create.
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 4:21 AM - Quote - Report!

TeenAngst

The britney concert was.. um
keys13 wrote on Mar 21st, 2009 at 2:55am :
OH come on TeenAngst. You know how lucky you are, going to that concert? I understand why CoB is hard to get into.

Well britney was rather entertaining, it was kind of obvious she was lip syncing but the performance was pretty good.

That's not why I like metal, I like metal because my friend got me into it, it just grew on me. And I hate rap for many reasons.. I'm not gonna say I hate all forms of rap, but most of the crap you hear on the radio is just awful.
The britney concert was.. um[QUOTE u='keys13' d='2009-03-21 02:55:37']OH come on TeenAngst. You know how lucky you are, going to that concert? I understand why CoB is hard to get into.[/QUOTE]

Well britney was rather entertaining, it was kind of obvious she was lip syncing but the performance was pretty good.

[quote]Hating rap doesn't make you more "metal."

In fact, there are a lot of great metal/rock bands that incorporate rap. [/quote]

That's not why I like metal, I like metal because my friend got me into it, it just grew on me. And I hate rap for many reasons.. I'm not gonna say I hate all forms of rap, but most of the crap you hear on the radio is just awful.
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 9:17 PM - Quote - Report!

Eddie4President

TeenAngst:

1. Britney doesn't lip-sync. You might have been told at some point that she does, because there was a time in her career where lip-syncing was something she did. But she doesn't do it now. Unless the concert you went to happened to be the first time she started doing it again.

2. I was not accusing you of liking metal through disliking rap. My quarrel was with the threedaysgrace guy.

Would you mind bringing up some things you dislike about rap? And please no, "it's just gangsta shit"
TeenAngst:

1. Britney doesn't lip-sync. You might have been told at some point that she does, because there was a time in her career where lip-syncing was something she did. But she doesn't do it now. Unless the concert you went to happened to be the first time she started doing it again.

2. I was not accusing you of liking metal through disliking rap. My quarrel was with the threedaysgrace guy.

Would you mind bringing up some things you dislike about rap? And please no, "it's just gangsta shit"
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 4:18 AM - Quote - Report!

TeenAngst

Eddie4President
TeenAngst:

1. She did sing some songs, but most of it was lip-syncing, it was obvious at some points, there is nothing wrong with it considering how much she was dancing... And in the reviews it said stuff about her lip-syncing too.

2. My bad. :P

3. I having nothing against rap, I just don't like it. I'm not gonna say that they aren't talented I just am not a big fan of the style. I don't even like pop music... I don't really have reasons.. I just think it's because I like to hear a lot of instrumental stuff and in rap it's less of that and more rythm and lyrics.
[quote]Eddie4President
TeenAngst:

Would you mind bringing up some things you dislike about rap? And please no, "it's just gangsta shit" [/quote]

1. She did sing some songs, but most of it was lip-syncing, it was obvious at some points, there is nothing wrong with it considering how much she was dancing... And in the reviews it said stuff about her lip-syncing too.

2. My bad. :P

3. I having nothing against rap, I just don't like it. I'm not gonna say that they aren't talented I just am not a big fan of the style. I don't even like pop music... I don't really have reasons.. I just think it's because I like to hear a lot of instrumental stuff and in rap it's less of that and more rythm and lyrics.
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 2:47 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal Chief

My choice of music... i hate pop but i love metal and rock apart from cradle of filth or the vocals of Arch Enemy My choice of music... i hate pop but i love metal and rock apart from cradle of filth or the vocals of Arch Enemy
Posted: Apr 5, 2009 5:31 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal Chief

Dude, when i listened to classic music once, to the composition called" canon ", i fell asleep with everyone else in the car when we heard it! it's just the right type of music if you want to have 5 mins. of good sleep.

Dude, when i listened to classic music once, to the composition called" canon ", i fell asleep with everyone else in the car when we heard it! it's just the right type of music if you want to have 5 mins. of good sleep.
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 8:07 PM - Quote - Report!

ParamoreMadXD

i will listen to pretty much anything. Apart from Hannah Montannah and The Jonas Brothers. And anything else that sounds like them. My main favorites though, have to be: Elliot Minor, The Blackout, Megadeth, Eminem(oh yes i went there^_^), Blink 182....really varied to be honest. Im open to new music, but i HATE rave. Its just not justified*shivers* i will listen to pretty much anything. Apart from Hannah Montannah and The Jonas Brothers. And anything else that sounds like them.
My main favorites though, have to be:
Elliot Minor, The Blackout, Megadeth, Eminem(oh yes i went there^_^), Blink 182....really varied to be honest.
Im open to new music, but i HATE rave. Its just not justified*shivers*
Posted: May 16, 2009 11:31 AM - Quote - Report!

AxlRose94

Thrash Metal, Metalcore, Post Hardcore, Punk, Hard Rock, Rock N' Roll, Soft Rock, My Favorite Bands Are the following bands, Velvet Revolver, Escape The Fate, The Old GN'R because to me its nothing without Slash Duff Steven/Matt and Izzy. Megadeth, and Metallica. Thrash Metal, Metalcore, Post Hardcore, Punk, Hard Rock, Rock N' Roll, Soft Rock, My Favorite Bands Are the following bands, Velvet Revolver, Escape The Fate, The Old GN'R because to me its nothing without Slash Duff Steven/Matt and Izzy. Megadeth, and Metallica.
Posted: May 18, 2009 12:42 AM - Quote - Report!

Metal Chief

Anyway, i only listen to metal and a very little rock. Anyway, i only listen to metal and a very little rock.
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 5:49 PM - Quote - Report!

Firering56

Thrash metal and Warbringer Thrash metal
and Warbringer
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 5:28 AM - Quote - Report!

mentalrazorback

Well I listen to most rock and metal bands, as well as a lot of other stuff such as Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, etc. I also listen to a lot of alternative music and even a little rap and recently I've been listening to a lot of punk and extreme metal. Well I listen to most rock and metal bands, as well as a lot of other stuff such as Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, etc. I also listen to a lot of alternative music and even a little rap and recently I've been listening to a lot of punk and extreme metal.
Posted: Aug 23, 2009 9:17 PM - Quote - Report!

Crazylegs11

I really like Metal like Bullet For My Valentine. I also like Hard Rock, and Alt Rock, and some 80's rock. I really like Metal like Bullet For My Valentine. I also like Hard Rock, and Alt Rock, and some 80's rock.
Posted: Sep 5, 2009 5:39 PM - Quote - Report!

willBoyd

mostly hard rock, but I like everything from the blues to thrash. but no rap, no country, and no pop mostly hard rock, but I like everything from the blues to thrash. but no rap, no country, and no pop
Posted: Mar 21, 2010 8:36 PM - Quote - Report!

AJSaw

Anything but country and rap/hiphop. That includes the jonas brothers. Anything but country and rap/hiphop. That includes the jonas brothers.
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 12:28 AM - Quote - Report!

Dukey

I rattle to everything from classic rock up to thrash metal. I rattle to everything from classic rock up to thrash metal.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 12:40 PM - Quote - Report!

Bob_Smith

I vary a lot. I generally gravitate towards melodic-ish metal, so Dream Theater, The Butterfly Effect, Karnivool, among others.
Though, I'll quite happily listen to many, many other things from Kelly Clarkson, Michelle Branch, Pixie Lott, Kerli, Avril Lavigne, Ke$ha, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift to Arnold McCuller, Earth, Wind & Fire, early Joss Stone, The Eagles, Wayne Brady, James Taylor and Carole King to Alter Bridge, Powderfinger, Thrice, Paramore, Incubus, Orianthi... right along to Guilt Machine, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Scar Symmetry, Devildriver, Mastodon, Meshuggah, Empyrean, Amon Amarth, Ne Obliviscaris, Children Of Bodom, Between the Buried & Me... yadda yadda. That was a very long sentence.

I never really have been much a fan of the "new wave" of rebel metal music, mostly involving metalcore and post-hardcore bands, so Avenged Sevenfold (though I am gaining a bit more of a liking for them), Bullet For My Valentine, Parkway Drive, Bring Me The Horizon, Underoath. It is mostly a coincidence that I tend to not like those kinds of bands though, rather than me disliking them because of their sudden popularity.
I vary a lot. I generally gravitate towards melodic-ish metal, so Dream Theater, The Butterfly Effect, Karnivool, among others. Though, I'll quite happily listen to many, many other things from Kelly Clarkson, Michelle Branch, Pixie Lott, Kerli, Avril Lavigne, Ke$ha, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift to Arnold McCuller, Earth, Wind & Fire, early Joss Stone, The Eagles, Wayne Brady, James Taylor and Carole King to Alter Bridge, Powderfinger, Thrice, Paramore, Incubus, Orianthi... right along to Guilt Machine, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Scar Symmetry, Devildriver, Mastodon, Meshuggah, Empyrean, Amon Amarth, Ne Obliviscaris, Children Of Bodom, Between the Buried & Me... yadda yadda. That was a very long sentence. I never really have been much a fan of the "new wave" of rebel metal music, mostly involving metalcore and post-hardcore bands, so Avenged Sevenfold (though I am gaining a bit more of a liking for them), Bullet For My Valentine, Parkway Drive, Bring Me The Horizon, Underoath. It is mostly a coincidence that I tend to not like those kinds of bands though, rather than me disliking them because of their sudden popularity.
Posted: Jul 8, 2010 1:31 PM - Quote - Report!

The Interlude

mostly progressive and metal music (all variations of it) the only genres I despise is pop, rap, and hip hop mostly progressive and metal music (all variations of it) the only genres I despise is pop, rap, and hip hop
Posted: Jan 1, 2011 12:29 AM - Quote - Report!

fatted aphid

this will probably get me kicked out of this group, but i actually kind of like country. i know most people here would disagree with me on that. But i also really like any form of rock this will probably get me kicked out of this group, but i actually kind of like country. i know most people here would disagree with me on that. But i also really like any form of rock
Posted: Feb 25, 2011 6:31 PM - Quote - Report!

eteam_sammy4him

I have given up on classifying my musical tastes. I just listen to whatever sounds good to me at any given time, with the exceptions of rap/hip-hop, and country. I have given up on classifying my musical tastes. I just listen to whatever sounds good to me at any given time, with the exceptions of rap/hip-hop, and country.
Posted: Feb 27, 2011 8:33 PM - Quote - Report!

Lil dimebag

I'm A Straight up METALHEAD! I'm A Straight up METALHEAD!
Posted: May 25, 2011 5:25 PM - Quote - Report!

defleppardrocks

i love 80's rock and metal i love 80's rock and metal
Posted: May 16, 2012 8:23 PM - Quote - Report!

ESSWHAT

I'd kinda go with oldies: Simon and Garfunkel and Elvis Presley!! I'd kinda go with oldies: Simon and Garfunkel and Elvis Presley!!
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 2:44 AM - Quote - Report!

Zosochild

Rockabilly <3 Rockabilly <3
Posted: Sep 25, 2012 6:45 AM - Quote - Report!

thesokman76

everything is good if you can find what you're looking for. i hate most country but there's still bands that are good, even if theyre a little out there. And underground/90's rap is great too. everything is good if you can find what you're looking for. i hate most country but there's still bands that are good, even if theyre a little out there. And underground/90's rap is great too.
Posted: Jan 7, 2013 10:09 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand