Trumpet Player's Alliance

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Favorite Trumpeters

E V H 5150

Who are your favorite trumpeters?

For me, I would have to say that Maynard Ferguson is the greatest jazz trumpeter I've ever heard. I also like Wynton Marsalis, because he's a very good classical trumpeter. I think he does jazz... correct me if I'm wrong, but I prefer classical to jazz. And he's freaking amazing. Oh, and Rafael Mendez. We saw... some video I forgot what it was, in band class and his technique was freakin' awesome.
Who are your favorite trumpeters?

For me, I would have to say that Maynard Ferguson is the greatest jazz trumpeter I've ever heard. I also like Wynton Marsalis, because he's a very good classical trumpeter. I think he does jazz... correct me if I'm wrong, but I prefer classical to jazz. And he's freaking amazing. Oh, and Rafael Mendez. We saw... some video I forgot what it was, in band class and his technique was freakin' awesome.
Posted: Aug 30, 2008 8:57 AM - Quote - Report!

ortrigger

LOUIS ARMSTRONG PWNS ALL!!! in jazz that is. Wynton Marsalis is also good. Dizzy Gillespie has some cool stuff too. LOUIS ARMSTRONG PWNS ALL!!! in jazz that is. Wynton Marsalis is also good. Dizzy Gillespie has some cool stuff too.
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 2:41 AM - Quote - Report!

kaptkegan

Mendez and Sandoval. You can't beat those latinos. No no. Mendez and Sandoval. You can't beat those latinos. No no.
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 4:10 AM - Quote - Report!

E V H 5150

So, I found some of Wynton Marsalis' jazz works, pretty kickass stuff. I've been increasing my jazz listening to familiarize myself with the style a little more. It's definitely a change from the stuff I play in my "normal" band class... So, I found some of Wynton Marsalis' jazz works, pretty kickass stuff. I've been increasing my jazz listening to familiarize myself with the style a little more. It's definitely a change from the stuff I play in my "normal" band class...
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 4:04 AM - Quote - Report!

ortrigger

don't forget Dizzy Gillespie. he has some awesome jazz stuff. don't forget Dizzy Gillespie. he has some awesome jazz stuff.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 7:25 AM - Quote - Report!

Eskimo_Pie

Freddie Hubbard probably does it for me.
Even though you have to love maynards insane range.
Wayne Bergeron, lead trumpeter from gordon goodwins band, now hes really good.
Freddie Hubbard probably does it for me.
Even though you have to love maynards insane range.
Wayne Bergeron, lead trumpeter from gordon goodwins band, now hes really good.
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 9:32 AM - Quote - Report!

Zigler9

kaptkegan wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 11:10pm :
Mendez and Sandoval. You can't beat those latinos. No no.
+1 to Sandoval he is amazing.
kaptkegan wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 11:10pm :
Mendez and Sandoval. You can't beat those latinos. No no.

+1 to Sandoval he is amazing.
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 7:14 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand