Tuned Out!

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Introduction

zhille

Hello there, this is something every forum and group probably have - an introduction thread. Introduce yourself to the TunedOut team, name your tuning or tunings, your reasons for "deviating" and maybe some experiences.

Thanks for being a member and enjoy!
Hello there, this is something every forum and group probably have - an introduction thread. Introduce yourself to the TunedOut team, name your tuning or tunings, your reasons for "deviating" and maybe some experiences.

Thanks for being a member and enjoy!
Posted: Nov 25, 2009 5:18 AM - Quote - Report!

seth's daddy

Hi, I'm Steve, and I'm a drop tuner. I start with my guitar tuned down half a step. I think it sounds heavier and "warmer" that way. It's also easier to sing to as well. From there, just about everything I write is either in drop D or what I call the King's X version of drop C, which is (low to high), C G C F A D. I've also used DADGAD in the past.
Something I like to do when in drop D, is use the 3 lower strings as a drone. Then I can put a melody on top with G string. Or I'll play chords based off the top 3 strings, while the drone is ringing.
Hi, I'm Steve, and I'm a drop tuner. I start with my guitar tuned down half a step. I think it sounds heavier and "warmer" that way. It's also easier to sing to as well. From there, just about everything I write is either in drop D or what I call the King's X version of drop C, which is (low to high), C G C F A D. I've also used DADGAD in the past.
Something I like to do when in drop D, is use the 3 lower strings as a drone. Then I can put a melody on top with G string. Or I'll play chords based off the top 3 strings, while the drone is ringing.
Posted: Dec 3, 2009 9:45 AM - Quote - Report!

zhille

Hi Steve, I see you're pretty versatile regarding tuning. I'm loving the dropped tunings, it's easier to do some metal style guitar work, and the drone string is really cool when acoustic. I changed a lot of them through time, and now I'm using P4, dropped to B, and a "Drone G" tuning I made up, on my other guitar. G-G-D-G-G :) The lower G-s are octave and the top are unison. Very powerful and fat sound with only 5 strings needed. Tuning out is fun.

Thanks for being a member!
Hi Steve, I see you're pretty versatile regarding tuning. I'm loving the dropped tunings, it's easier to do some metal style guitar work, and the drone string is really cool when acoustic. I changed a lot of them through time, and now I'm using P4, dropped to B, and a "Drone G" tuning I made up, on my other guitar. G-G-D-G-G :) The lower G-s are octave and the top are unison. Very powerful and fat sound with only 5 strings needed. Tuning out is fun. Thanks for being a member!
Posted: Dec 6, 2009 10:12 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand