UG Book Club

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Introduction Thread

C. Limon

I figure we should have an introduction thread to begin until the book discussion gets underway.

My favorite book is Catch-22. Recently I've read Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, O Pioneers!, The Great Gatsby, and The Maltese Falcon. Along with Slaughterhouse-Five I am about to begin reading Go Down, Moses.

I hope this group works out well because I'll finally have somewhere to discuss literature with people since none of my friends read. I'm majoring in English (haven't decided which area) and am gradually beginning to work my way up to improving my writing. I love to read and am excited this group has started.

I figure we should have an introduction thread to begin until the book discussion gets underway.

My favorite book is Catch-22. Recently I've read Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, O Pioneers!, The Great Gatsby, and The Maltese Falcon. Along with Slaughterhouse-Five I am about to begin reading Go Down, Moses.

I hope this group works out well because I'll finally have somewhere to discuss literature with people since none of my friends read. I'm majoring in English (haven't decided which area) and am gradually beginning to work my way up to improving my writing. I love to read and am excited this group has started.

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 1:37 AM - Quote - Report!

GArrigan

Im just finishing up year 11 in victoria, and am exiting about starting year 12, as a lit student i enjoy reading bizzare poetry and epics.
LIT EXAM ON MONDAY GAHHHHHHHHHH
Im just finishing up year 11 in victoria, and am exiting about starting year 12, as a lit student i enjoy reading bizzare poetry and epics. LIT EXAM ON MONDAY GAHHHHHHHHHH
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 2:09 AM - Quote - Report!

misterfarenheit

i live in california and attending university, currently a 5th year, super senior status due to academic problems and what not. im dual majoring in microbiology and economics.

my favorite book is a tie between lolita and the virgin suicides.

i might not be able to commit to the group every single month, due to finals and studying and whatnot, but I always seem to have time to read anyway, so lets hope this works out!
i live in california and attending university, currently a 5th year, super senior status due to academic problems and what not. im dual majoring in microbiology and economics. my favorite book is a tie between lolita and the virgin suicides. i might not be able to commit to the group every single month, due to finals and studying and whatnot, but I always seem to have time to read anyway, so lets hope this works out!
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 5:26 AM - Quote - Report!

Lucky Fish

Born and raised in South Africa. Im a business student and when if I have the time it is more than likely I will be reading. I am a self confessed Oscar Wilde junkie, I just cant get enough of him. On the recently read list we have; Freakonomics, The Bell Jar, Jane Eyre and Roald Dahl's collection of short stories. I am fascinated by poetry, it does have to be up to my standards though otherwise I am inclined to become very bored very quickly. . Born and raised in South Africa. Im a business student and when if I have the time it is more than likely I will be reading. I am a self confessed Oscar Wilde junkie, I just cant get enough of him. On the recently read list we have; Freakonomics, The Bell Jar, Jane Eyre and Roald Dahl's collection of short stories. I am fascinated by poetry, it does have to be up to my standards though otherwise I am inclined to become very bored very quickly. .
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 6:43 AM - Quote - Report!

buid

Greeting fellow lit-fans :D
Located in Sydney, Australia and beginning my last year of High School as an Extension 2 English student - I have to produce my own body of work. And so may not be able to commit to each book for study purposes, but am definitely willing to try! I'm picking up our first book tomorrow from the school library. Looking forward to it

My favourite authors would definitely have to be Roald Dahl (Fantastic Mr Fox) and Dan Brown (Deception Point/Angels and Demons). I'm currently reading: Romulus my father, The Skull Beneath the Skin and Dan Brown's the Lost Symbol.
Greeting fellow lit-fans :D Located in Sydney, Australia and beginning my last year of High School as an Extension 2 English student - I have to produce my own body of work. And so may not be able to commit to each book for study purposes, but am definitely willing to try! I'm picking up our first book tomorrow from the school library. Looking forward to it My favourite authors would definitely have to be Roald Dahl (Fantastic Mr Fox) and Dan Brown (Deception Point/Angels and Demons). I'm currently reading: Romulus my father, The Skull Beneath the Skin and Dan Brown's the Lost Symbol.
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 7:49 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand