UG Book Club

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Book 1 Suggestions

Shr3dz0r

Ok, so I figure the only way this will take off is if someone throws something together, so here's my attempt.

Like C. Limon said, we'll have 10 suggestions and then one will be randomly picked.
- First 10 suggestions are the ones thrown in the hat.
- Only one suggestion is allowed as to allow everyone a chance.

I think we should also get a list going of who's in, but it will probably be better to do that after the book has been chosen. I'll start with the first suggestion:

A Clockwork Orange
Ok, so I figure the only way this will take off is if someone throws something together, so here's my attempt.

Like C. Limon said, we'll have 10 suggestions and then one will be randomly picked.
- First 10 suggestions are the ones thrown in the hat.
- Only one suggestion is allowed as to allow everyone a chance.

I think we should also get a list going of who's in, but it will probably be better to do that after the book has been chosen. I'll start with the first suggestion:

A Clockwork Orange
Posted: Jan 3, 2012 5:11 PM - Quote - Report!

unregistered_1981671

A Sport and a Pastime by James Salter

No it's not about sports, it's about a Yale dropout who has an affair with a French girl, and it's supposed to be very John Cheeverish.

There's a fun word, 'Cheeverish'
A Sport and a Pastime by James Salter No it's not about sports, it's about a Yale dropout who has an affair with a French girl, and it's supposed to be very John Cheeverish. There's a fun word, 'Cheeverish'
Posted: Jan 3, 2012 5:23 PM - Quote - Report!

uhh_me?

i'm gonna suggest we do All The Pretty Horses since i've got it sitting in front of me and i've drafted up a thread for it already. i'm gonna suggest we do All The Pretty Horses since i've got it sitting in front of me and i've drafted up a thread for it already.
Posted: Jan 3, 2012 8:49 PM - Quote - Report!

Talk Box

How about Raise High the Roofbeam, Carpenters and Seymour An Introduction by Jd Salinger? Or if it's allowed Look at the Birdie by Vonnegut. It's a compilation of short fiction so might be kinda fun to do. How about Raise High the Roofbeam, Carpenters and Seymour An Introduction by Jd Salinger? Or if it's allowed Look at the Birdie by Vonnegut. It's a compilation of short fiction so might be kinda fun to do.
Posted: Jan 4, 2012 2:45 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand