UG's Gamers

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Classic Games

MattIgoe0108

Anyone got any classic Games they want to chat about? Im really getting back into the original SMB at the moment on the wii's virtual console. I want to try and get to the minus world :D.

Also, on the subject of classic games, this link is appropriate.

http://www.cinemassacre.com/Home_page/frameset.htm l

The Angry Video Game Nerd. Really makes you want to play retro games again :p
Anyone got any classic Games they want to chat about? Im really getting back into the original SMB at the moment on the wii's virtual console. I want to try and get to the minus world :D.

Also, on the subject of classic games, this link is appropriate.

http://www.cinemassacre.com/Home_page/frameset.html

The Angry Video Game Nerd. Really makes you want to play retro games again :p
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 11:01 PM - Quote - Report!

Metal claw

I have the Classic NES Series for Metroid, Zelda, Zelda II, Castlevania, and SMB on Gameboy Advance.

SMB feels really different though. I can play it flawlessly on an emulator, but the controls on the actual cartridge feel stiff.

I never had SMB on the NES, so I don't know if it's supposed to feel this way.

Anyone else experience this?
I have the Classic NES Series for Metroid, Zelda, Zelda II, Castlevania, and SMB on Gameboy Advance.

SMB feels really different though. I can play it flawlessly on an emulator, but the controls on the actual cartridge feel stiff.

I never had SMB on the NES, so I don't know if it's supposed to feel this way.

Anyone else experience this?
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 12:12 AM - Quote - Report!

Muse-Citizen

ive played the original, but i prefer melee! also im playing OoT on gamecube! thats a classic game! ive played the original, but i prefer melee! also im playing OoT on gamecube! thats a classic game!
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 12:46 AM - Quote - Report!

BringMeTheCalm

I've recently been playing Final Fantasy IV Advanced. I just beat Zeromus today so it's basically over except for the added Lunar Ruins. It's such a great game. I've recently been playing Final Fantasy IV Advanced. I just beat Zeromus today so it's basically over except for the added Lunar Ruins. It's such a great game.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 2:32 AM - Quote - Report!

cakeandpiemofo

Goldeneye even today I can still round up 20 people to have a tournament in my basement Goldeneye even today I can still round up 20 people to have a tournament in my basement
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 2:55 AM - Quote - Report!

that_1_dude24

I've been playing OoT and the original super smash bros. recently. I've been playing OoT and the original super smash bros. recently.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 4:20 AM - Quote - Report!

Dr. Faustus

I've been going back to Chrono Trigger...never get tired of that game.

Have over 40 playthroughs...think it's on 44 right now.
I've been going back to Chrono Trigger...never get tired of that game.

Have over 40 playthroughs...think it's on 44 right now.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 8:40 AM - Quote - Report!

GLP_Arclite

Lylat wars will always be awesome, my N64 has been plugged in to my tv for quite some time :) Lylat wars will always be awesome, my N64 has been plugged in to my tv for quite some time :)
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 9:42 AM - Quote - Report!

magnus_maximus

GLP_Arclite wrote on Aug 17th, 2007 at 4:42am :
Lylat wars will always be awesome, my N64 has been plugged in to my tv for quite some time :)

Kudos, +1
I'm getting some Wii points to get that on VC, soon. It's probably one of my favourite N64 games ever.
GLP_Arclite wrote on Aug 17th, 2007 at 4:42am :
Lylat wars will always be awesome, my N64 has been plugged in to my tv for quite some time :)

Kudos, +1
I'm getting some Wii points to get that on VC, soon. It's probably one of my favourite N64 games ever.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 10:44 PM - Quote - Report!

deathbyawesome

I just got a Wii and got Ocarina of Time and Starfox 64 for it on the VC. I hope they get more N64 games on VC soon, I really miss my N64. I just got a Wii and got Ocarina of Time and Starfox 64 for it on the VC. I hope they get more N64 games on VC soon, I really miss my N64.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 10:52 PM - Quote - Report!

Mr._Jack

My faves are Contra, Battle City and Dr. Mario on NES. And Streets of Rage 3 on Genesis (not sure about that, I only played it on emulator). My faves are Contra, Battle City and Dr. Mario on NES. And Streets of Rage 3 on Genesis (not sure about that, I only played it on emulator).
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 7:02 PM - Quote - Report!

pftyeaiplaybass

My grandma just got an FC Twin, which is an offbrand version of a NES and SNES all in one. So I've been playing aLttP and the first Zelda. Oh God, I looooove Zelda. My grandma just got an FC Twin, which is an offbrand version of a NES and SNES all in one. So I've been playing aLttP and the first Zelda. Oh God, I looooove Zelda.
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 4:08 PM - Quote - Report!

mr freezy

I've been playing the orginal metrios on the GBA recently. It's one of the best 8 bit games ever, I advise any fan of Metriod to give it a go. I've been playing the orginal metrios on the GBA recently. It's one of the best 8 bit games ever, I advise any fan of Metriod to give it a go.
Posted: Aug 29, 2007 1:48 PM - Quote - Report!

Phuongus

Those older games bring back lots of memories. Counter-Strike,Super Smash Bros, and Starcraft were all games my buddies and I used to play all the time together. As for single player games, there is Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Phantasia, and basically most of those RPGs on the SNES. Those older games bring back lots of memories. Counter-Strike,Super Smash Bros, and Starcraft were all games my buddies and I used to play all the time together. As for single player games, there is Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Phantasia, and basically most of those RPGs on the SNES.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 3:14 AM - Quote - Report!

thorn rich

Dr. Faustus wrote on Aug 17th, 2007 at 3:40am :
I've been going back to Chrono Trigger...never get tired of that game. Have over 40 playthroughs...think it's on 44 right now.
I've been going back to Chrono Trigger...never get tired of that game. Have over 40 playthroughs...think it's on 44 right now.

great game i agree i never get tired of that game eather but i still say final fantasy VII is the best classic game of all time

great game i agree i never get tired of that game eather but i still say final fantasy VII is the best classic game of all time
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 6:51 PM - Quote - Report!

Deep*Kick

those are not classics. had an amiga wen i was leik 5 soo much fun on floppy disks, kings bounty, pirates, zool, stunt car racer all r great those are not classics. had an amiga wen i was leik 5 soo much fun on floppy disks, kings bounty, pirates, zool, stunt car racer all r great
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 2:26 PM - Quote - Report!

SmellKellHell

Not necessarily favs, just lesser known that deserve more attention...

Sega Master System; Quartet, Ghostbusters , Shinobe, Wonder Boy In Monster Land

NES; Battle Toads

Sega Genesis; Berkly's Shut Up + Jam, Road Rash, Toe Jam + Earl

my FAV soundtrack ever, SKITCHIN'
for songs like Cheese Grater + Caffeine Dream
Not necessarily favs, just lesser known that deserve more attention...

Sega Master System; Quartet, Ghostbusters , Shinobe, Wonder Boy In Monster Land

NES; Battle Toads

Sega Genesis; Berkly's Shut Up + Jam, Road Rash, Toe Jam + Earl 

my FAV soundtrack ever, SKITCHIN' 
for songs like Cheese Grater + Caffeine Dream
Posted: Aug 20, 2010 3:43 AM - Quote - Report!

droppedasachild

my favs would be goldeneye, super smash bros, mortal kombat, zelda all of em,those are the only ones i can think of right now my favs would be goldeneye, super smash bros, mortal kombat, zelda all of em,those are the only ones i can think of right now
Posted: Aug 24, 2010 12:18 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand