UG Gun Club

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Shotguns

ColdNovembeRain

The topic of the thread is shotguns. Q&A and discussion are welcome.
The topic of the thread is shotguns. Q&A and discussion are welcome.
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 8:05 PM - Quote - Report!

JDawg

On the market for a 12ga double barrel. I'd like a side by side but I love pump action shot guns. I've seen quite a few Winchesters in the pawn shops for sale under $300. You guys have a favorite brand/type of shotgun? On the market for a 12ga double barrel. I'd like a side by side but I love pump action shot guns. I've seen quite a few Winchesters in the pawn shops for sale under $300.

You guys have a favorite brand/type of shotgun?
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 5:14 PM - Quote - Report!

ColdNovembeRain

My favorite shotgun is my 20 gauge Remington 870 Express Magnum. Perfect deer gun when paired with Federal's Truball slugs. If you're in the market for accuracy, please do yourself a favor and get an Over/Under. In my experience, side by sides are only good for throwing lead all over when there's a need for it(home defense situations, basically) Look into the 12 gauge Remington 870 or the Mossberg 500. They're the two best-selling pump action shotguns on the current market, the 870 being the best selling of all time. My favorite shotgun is my 20 gauge Remington 870 Express Magnum. Perfect deer gun when paired with Federal's Truball slugs.

If you're in the market for accuracy, please do yourself a favor and get an Over/Under.
In my experience, side by sides are only good for throwing lead all over when there's a need for it(home defense situations, basically)

Look into the 12 gauge Remington 870 or the Mossberg 500. They're the two best-selling pump action shotguns on the current market, the 870 being the best selling of all time.
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 4:00 PM - Quote - Report!

Acorn

the only shotgun i have is my stevens' side by side that my granddad gave me when i turned 18. love it! the only shotgun i have is my stevens' side by side that my granddad gave me when i turned 18. love it!
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 7:53 PM - Quote - Report!

JDawg

I've pretty much decided against the side by side.... I'm going to a couple gun shows next weekend so we'll see what I find. I need it for hunting so I'd like the accuracy, and home protection. I'd like to leave my wife with something other than a .22 when I'm out of town for work with my .45. I've pretty much decided against the side by side.... I'm going to a couple gun shows next weekend so we'll see what I find. I need it for hunting so I'd like the accuracy, and home protection. I'd like to leave my wife with something other than a .22 when I'm out of town for work with my .45.
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 6:19 PM - Quote - Report!

Butthead

Check out Browning shotguns. They are nothing short of amazing. Check out Browning shotguns. They are nothing short of amazing.
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 11:57 PM - Quote - Report!

Acorn

Butthead wrote on Oct 8th, 2009 at 6:57pm :
Check out Browning shotguns. They are nothing short of amazing.
True. My uncle has some browning shotguns. Outstanding!
Butthead wrote on Oct 8th, 2009 at 6:57pm :
Check out Browning shotguns. They are nothing short of amazing.

True. My uncle has some browning shotguns. Outstanding!
Posted: Oct 9, 2009 9:34 PM - Quote - Report!

JDawg

I made my pick and already bought it. I bought a Benelli Nova 12ga pump. 5 years old and looks brand new. He said he rarely used it. I haven't shot it yet... I'll post pics here in the next week or so... I made my pick and already bought it. I bought a Benelli Nova 12ga pump. 5 years old and looks brand new. He said he rarely used it. I haven't shot it yet... I'll post pics here in the next week or so...
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 3:54 PM - Quote - Report!

Butthead

This is me posing with my 1950s-60s era Remington 12 gauge Auto 5. An amazingly sweet shooting gun, but it's not as good as my Belgium made Browning 20 gauge Auto 5. That thing is a beast.

This is me posing with my 1950s-60s era Remington 12 gauge Auto 5. An amazingly sweet shooting gun, but it's not as good as my Belgium made Browning 20 gauge Auto 5. That thing is a beast.
Posted: Feb 13, 2010 3:37 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand