From what I've tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great,
And would suffice.

-- Robert Frost

I don't mean to be a troll, but why are you all misanthropists? It seems to me that hating your fellow man allows you to detach yourself from the world, to refrain from participating. And life is not complete without the interchange of ideas and passion between people.

Misanthropy is nothing more than childish cynicism, a way of trying to assure yourself you're above the evil in the world. But because you put yourself above what is essentially human, you preclude yourselves from participating fully in human life. Drop your cynicism and participate in the world. Embrace mankind for what it is, for its foibles along with its huge capacity for compassion and goodness.

Flame/reply here. As it proves impossible to do so in the comments.
search49 wrote on Nov 12th, 2008 at 10:31pm :

Some say the world will end in fire.
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great,
And would suffice.

-- Robert Frost

I don't mean to be a troll, but why are you all misanthropists? It seems to me that hating your fellow man allows you to detach yourself from the world, to refrain from participating. And life is not complete without the interchange of ideas and passion between people.

Misanthropy is nothing more than childish cynicism, a way of trying to assure yourself you're above the evil in the world. But because you put yourself above what is essentially human, you preclude yourselves from participating fully in human life. Drop your cynicism and participate in the world. Embrace mankind for what it is, for its foibles along with its huge capacity for compassion and goodness.

Flame/reply here. As it proves impossible to do so in the comments.
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 8:02 AM - Quote - Report!

Sickhick

In other words, get naked and hug.

Mindless babble is one of the things I hate most about humanity.
In other words, get naked and hug. Mindless babble is one of the things I hate most about humanity.
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 8:04 AM - Quote - Report!

Echoplex

Humans have little more meaning than rats, and if some choose not to fully participate in life, why should it matter? Humans have little more meaning than rats, and if some choose not to fully participate in life, why should it matter?
Posted: Jan 30, 2010 3:09 PM - Quote - Report!

AtlantaHardcore

Humanity is the world's greatest cancer. Humanity is the world's greatest cancer.
Posted: Mar 1, 2010 4:47 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand