UG's Flamenco Club

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Rodrigo y Gabriela tour

hurlyboolop

Posted in the general boards but wanted flamenco community opinion:

Big fan of the duo here. Will be seeing them in two weeks. Contemplating their VIP package ($370) that includes a signed Yamaha guitar. Anyone know which one it'd be? I'm guessing C40. Regardless, it's cool swag to have. I'm on the fence.. comments? Thanks.
Posted in the general boards but wanted flamenco community opinion:

Big fan of the duo here.  Will be seeing them in two weeks.  Contemplating their VIP package ($370) that includes a signed Yamaha guitar.  Anyone know which one it'd be?  I'm guessing C40.  Regardless, it's cool swag to have.  I'm on the fence.. comments?  Thanks.
Posted: Mar 2, 2015 4:53 PM - Quote - Report!

FretboardToAsh

A late reply perhaps, I have been very busy I'm afraid, which shows as I've not had time to update any guides for a long time as well. As for Rodrigo y Gabriela, I do appreciate the duo, both for their musical merits as well as the effect it has had on the community.

Although their music has little to naught to do with actual flamenco, theirs is one that is very necessary to keep people interested in expanding their musical interests and seeking out styles they would otherwise not listen to, or even realize exist.

As much as purists frown upon Rumbas, bands like The Gypsy Kings, and the aforementioned duo, these are the kind of songs and styles that help draw the eye (or ear, if you will) back to Flamenco. Music is not a static art, and Flamenco has never been such either. It grows and evolves, and while it is rarely presented to the greater public in a form I can truly appreciate musically, it does help.

Flamenco has always been an art-form that absorbed and merged with whatever it came in contact with, and it does and should do so to this day.

As for Yamaha, they make decent quality products. Their wares being mentioned as products because I haven't seen a thing this company didn't make. They're by no means great builders of guitars, but for the price one can generally not go wrong. I'd advise looking around for the price of that guitar on the market first though.

Good luck
A late reply perhaps, I have been very busy I'm afraid, which shows as I've not had time to update any guides for a long time as well. As for Rodrigo y Gabriela, I do appreciate the duo, both for their musical merits as well as the effect it has had on the community. Although their music has little to naught to do with actual flamenco, theirs is one that is very necessary to keep people interested in expanding their musical interests and seeking out styles they would otherwise not listen to, or even realize exist. As much as purists frown upon Rumbas, bands like The Gypsy Kings, and the aforementioned duo, these are the kind of songs and styles that help draw the eye (or ear, if you will) back to Flamenco. Music is not a static art, and Flamenco has never been such either. It grows and evolves, and while it is rarely presented to the greater public in a form I can truly appreciate musically, it does help. Flamenco has always been an art-form that absorbed and merged with whatever it came in contact with, and it does and should do so to this day. As for Yamaha, they make decent quality products. Their wares being mentioned as products because I haven't seen a thing this company didn't make. They're by no means great builders of guitars, but for the price one can generally not go wrong. I'd advise looking around for the price of that guitar on the market first though. Good luck
Posted: Jun 11, 2015 2:31 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand