UG's soundhouse

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

The list of essential NWOBHM albums.

Silas S Thompso

I've done this as the band's best album or albums, and this will be updated as I get more records and hear more.

Angel Witch---- Angel Witch
Black Sabbath---- heaven and hell, Mob Rules
Def Leppard---- On Through The Night, High 'n' Dry
Diamond Head---- The White Album (Lightning to the Nations)
Gillan---- Double Trouble, Magic
Girlschool---- Hit and Run
Iron Maiden---- Killers, Iron Maiden, Powerslave, and the rest
Judas Priest---- Sad Wings of Destiny, Stained Class
Motorhead---- Overkill, Bomber, Ace of Spades
Samson---- Shock Tactics
Saxon---- Wheels of Steel, Strong Arm of the Law, Denim and Leather
Tyger's of Pan Tang---- Spellbound
Venom---- Welcome to Hell, Black Metal, At War With Satan
Venom (MKII.)---- Prime Evil, Temples of Ice
Witchfynder General---- Death Penalty

And to the Heaven and Hell album being in this list, to me with the addition of Dio Sabbath began playing closer to NWOBHM than their doomy start.

Best Live Albums
Raven----Live at the Inferno
Motorhead----No Sleep 'Till Hammersmith
Saxon----The Eagle has Landed
Iron Maiden----Rock In Rio-Live After Death

Don't worry this list will get bigger, and suggestions for either list is appreciated.

I've done this as the band's best album or albums, and this will be updated as I get more records and hear more.

Angel Witch---- Angel Witch
Black Sabbath---- heaven and hell, Mob Rules
Def Leppard---- On Through The Night, High 'n' Dry
Diamond Head---- The White Album (Lightning to the Nations)
Gillan---- Double Trouble, Magic
Girlschool---- Hit and Run
Iron Maiden---- Killers, Iron Maiden, Powerslave, and the rest
Judas Priest---- Sad Wings of Destiny, Stained Class
Motorhead---- Overkill, Bomber, Ace of Spades
Samson---- Shock Tactics
Saxon---- Wheels of Steel, Strong Arm of the Law, Denim and Leather
Tyger's of Pan Tang---- Spellbound
Venom---- Welcome to Hell, Black Metal, At War With Satan
Venom (MKII.)---- Prime Evil, Temples of Ice
Witchfynder General---- Death Penalty

And to the Heaven and Hell album being in this list, to me with the addition of Dio Sabbath began playing closer to NWOBHM than their doomy start.

Best Live Albums
Raven----Live at the Inferno
Motorhead----No Sleep 'Till Hammersmith
Saxon----The Eagle has Landed
Iron Maiden----Rock In Rio-Live After Death

Don't worry this list will get bigger, and suggestions for either list is appreciated.

Posted: May 6, 2009 8:43 PM - Quote - Report!

Jesstaa

You should put live after death in uber bold, it is the single most essential CD for any metalhead to buy. Also, Judas Priests Sin after Sin is quite an essential album, Dissident Agressor = the sex. You should put live after death in uber bold, it is the single most essential CD for any metalhead to buy.

Also, Judas Priests Sin after Sin is quite an essential album, Dissident Agressor = the sex.
Posted: May 13, 2009 7:57 AM - Quote - Report!

Silas S Thompso

Well, for Sin after Sin, it was the best they've done. It had some not so good songs like Last Rose, Call for Priest. It doesn't have the same "pow" that Sad Wings and Stained Class had. Well, for Sin after Sin, it was the best they've done. It had some not so good songs like Last Rose, Call for Priest. It doesn't have the same "pow" that Sad Wings and Stained Class had.
Posted: May 13, 2009 11:37 AM - Quote - Report!

Silas S Thompso

and I fixed Live after death. and I fixed Live after death.
Posted: May 13, 2009 11:38 AM - Quote - Report!

Jesstaa

Woo for Live After Death bolded. I think it's like a law of Iron Maiden, that whenever you sing a song that's on Live After Death, that you sing the Live After Death version. Woo for Live After Death bolded.

I think it's like a law of Iron Maiden, that whenever you sing a song that's on Live After Death, that you sing the Live After Death version.
Posted: May 14, 2009 7:38 AM - Quote - Report!

Jesstaa

Another regarding Iron Maiden, you should add Piece of Mind to the list, outside of just "and the rest", it's probably my favourite studio album with Dickinson. Another regarding Iron Maiden, you should add Piece of Mind to the list, outside of just "and the rest", it's probably my favourite studio album with Dickinson.
Posted: May 17, 2009 12:20 PM - Quote - Report!

Silas S Thompso

It's my second outside of Powerslave, but I didn't want to put up anymore than 3 albums for a band otherwise this list could go on for days for some bands like Saxon and Maiden and motorhead and venom It's my second outside of Powerslave, but I didn't want to put up anymore than 3 albums for a band otherwise this list could go on for days for some bands like Saxon and Maiden and motorhead and venom
Posted: May 17, 2009 8:42 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand