United Provinces of The Pit

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

UPP boycott of BP?

necrosis1193

Like many, the oil spill fills me with pure and utter disgust.

Maybe we should try using the UPP to organize protests against them? I hate to just do protesting to piss people of though, so maybe something more effective too?
Like many, the oil spill fills me with pure and utter disgust.

Maybe we should try using the UPP to organize protests against them? I hate to just do protesting to piss people of though, so maybe something more effective too?
Posted: May 23, 2010 3:38 AM - Quote - Report!

muffinduck01

As far I as I understand the whole situation, the oil spill wasn't BP's fault. I'm pretty sure it was the company who built the rigs fault, but i may be mistaken. As far I as I understand the whole situation, the oil spill wasn't BP's fault. I'm pretty sure it was the company who built the rigs fault, but i may be mistaken.
Posted: May 23, 2010 5:08 AM - Quote - Report!

necrosis1193

My understanding was that it was a combination of broken seals from Halliburton, a rush to get things done at the cost of getting them right on BP's part, and ignoring broken parts in the emergency seal from the company that made it. We don't exactly have the resources to buy an oil rig though, so boycotting the company that made it would be useless, and as I'm pretty sure they have a hand in most modern oil companies, boycotting Halliburton would essentially mean giving up gas utilities. My understanding was that it was a combination of broken seals from Halliburton, a rush to get things done at the cost of getting them right on BP's part, and ignoring broken parts in the emergency seal from the company that made it. We don't exactly have the resources to buy an oil rig though, so boycotting the company that made it would be useless, and as I'm pretty sure they have a hand in most modern oil companies, boycotting Halliburton would essentially mean giving up gas utilities.
Posted: May 23, 2010 5:59 PM - Quote - Report!

AJSaw

We could create our own gas utilities....make our own company We could create our own gas utilities....make our own company
Posted: Jul 18, 2010 2:34 AM - Quote - Report!

necrosis1193

UPPP? UPPP?
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 7:53 PM - Quote - Report!

AJSaw

necrosis1193 wrote on Jul 19th, 2010 at 2:53pm :
UPPP?

heh i would be happy to be the president of that company :haha:
[QUOTE u='necrosis1193' d='2010-07-19 14:53:03']UPPP?[/QUOTE] heh i would be happy to be the president of that company :haha:
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 2:29 AM - Quote - Report!

AJSaw

*cough* *wink* *cough* *cough* *wink* *cough*
Posted: Jul 24, 2010 12:37 AM - Quote - Report!

Simsimius

Boycotting BP is a really bad idea. If you want better reasons, go look at the long thread on UG. Boycotting BP is a really bad idea. If you want better reasons, go look at the long thread on UG.
Posted: Aug 12, 2010 9:05 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand