The White Stripes fans!

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

White Stripes = Led Zeppelin???

|Guitarhead|

I was listening to Led Zeppelin's Physical graffiti and i suddenly thought: "this sounds a lot like the white stripes!"

I found out that Jack White's favorite band was Led Zepp and that many Led Zepp fans tended to quite like the white stripes.

I prefer Led Zeppelin to the White Stripes but if you listen to them you really start to hear a bit of led zepp's unique style in their music.

What do you guys think?
Any of you White stripes fans also led zepp lovers?
I was listening to Led Zeppelin's Physical graffiti and i suddenly thought: "this sounds a lot like the white stripes!"

I found out that Jack White's favorite band was Led Zepp and that many Led Zepp fans tended to quite like the white stripes.

I prefer Led Zeppelin to the White Stripes but if you listen to them you really start to hear a bit of led zepp's unique style in their music.

What do you guys think?
Any of you White stripes fans also led zepp lovers?
Posted: Nov 24, 2007 11:11 PM - Quote - Report!

LedDaveZeppelin

Well dont you think its kinda the other way around..

"I was listening to Led Zeppelin's Physical graffiti and i suddenly thought: "this sounds a lot like the white stripes!"

i mean led zeppelin cant sound like the white stripes...the white stripes can sound like led zeppelin. (Just thought id mention that)

but anyway yea in a way i think zeppelin has influenced alot of White Stripes, but so did alot of old blues music, such as sonhouse. but yea both bands kick ass...White stripes is def. the best band out these days!
Well dont you think its kinda the other way around..

"I was listening to Led Zeppelin's Physical graffiti and i suddenly thought: "this sounds a lot like the white stripes!"

i mean led zeppelin cant sound like the white stripes...the white stripes can sound like led zeppelin. (Just thought id mention that)

but anyway yea in a way i think zeppelin has influenced alot of White Stripes, but so did alot of old blues music, such as sonhouse. but yea both bands kick ass...White stripes is def. the best band out these days!
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 7:08 PM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

Lol yeah thats actually what I meant. But it was that way round.
Thats why I said: "I prefer Led Zeppelin to the White Stripes but if you listen to them you really start to hear a bit of led zepp's unique style in their music."
Lol yeah thats actually what I meant. But it was that way round.
Thats why I said: "I prefer Led Zeppelin to the White Stripes but if you listen to them you really start to hear a bit of led zepp's unique style in their music."
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 2:12 PM - Quote - Report!

LedDaveZeppelin

yea man thats what i figured you meant...but i wasnt for sure yea man thats what i figured you meant...but i wasnt for sure
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 1:27 AM - Quote - Report!

zman@home

yeah, ledzep, robert johnson and old blues, all that good stuff. yeah, ledzep, robert johnson and old blues, all that good stuff.
Posted: Dec 6, 2007 2:00 PM - Quote - Report!

ze monsta

I love Zeppelin, but I see alot of influence from bands like MC5, The Gories and Blind Willie Johnson.
I see some of the Zeppelin-esque riffs, but I wouldn't say Zeppelin sounds like The White Stripes to be honest, as they do actually sound so much different to each other. Be it the solo's, the vocals (to a certain extent), the drumming, and the lack of bass.

I love both of em, but The White Stripes are certainly more influential to me.
I love Zeppelin, but I see alot of influence from bands like MC5, The Gories and Blind Willie Johnson.
I see some of the Zeppelin-esque riffs, but I wouldn't say Zeppelin sounds like The White Stripes to be honest, as they do actually sound so much different to each other. Be it the solo's, the vocals (to a certain extent), the drumming, and the lack of bass.

I love both of em, but The White Stripes are certainly more influential to me.
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 1:21 PM - Quote - Report!

allie_is_cool

I think the White Stripes sound kinda like Led Zeppelin but simpler and rawer. Meg sounds nowhere near Bonham and I think I sound more like Robert Plant then Jack. I think the White Stripes sound kinda like Led Zeppelin but simpler and rawer. Meg sounds nowhere near Bonham and I think I sound more like Robert Plant then Jack.
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 4:29 PM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

Yeah, Its the elephant album of the white stripes that tends to pull a bit towards led zepp. Yeah, Its the elephant album of the white stripes that tends to pull a bit towards led zepp.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 8:43 PM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

I was Mainly talking about guitar on songs liike red rain, ball and biscuit, instinct blues, except the solos which are waay to electric... I was Mainly talking about guitar on songs liike red rain, ball and biscuit, instinct blues, except the solos which are waay to electric...
Posted: Feb 11, 2008 12:49 PM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

although some of the grittier solos are a bit like heartbreaker solo... although some of the grittier solos are a bit like heartbreaker solo...
Posted: Apr 19, 2008 7:54 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand