Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Icky Thump

|Guitarhead|

So, their newest album right?
I just got it...
It's awesome...
At first when I listened to it thought it was complete crap and a real dissapointment, and that they've already sold out and everything, but then about halfway through the album at about Rag and Bone, I started thinking: but this is great!!! And then I listened to the begining again, and I find it awesome! a few songs in the middle, like St andrews, prickly thorn and conquest I still dont like at all, but my favs are:
1. Rag and bone
2. Catch Hell Blues
3. You Don't Know What Love Is
4. 300 M.P.H. Torrential Outpour Blues
5. A Martyr for My Love for You
6. then the rest

They've changed a lot, but they're still absolutely awesome!!!!
What do you guys think of this album? And the current White Stripes?
So, their newest album right?
I just got it...
It's awesome...
At first when I listened to it thought it was complete crap and a real dissapointment, and that they've already sold out and everything, but then about halfway through the album at about Rag and Bone, I started thinking: but this is great!!! And then I listened to the begining again, and I find it awesome! a few songs in the middle, like St andrews, prickly thorn and conquest I still dont like at all, but my favs are:
1. Rag and bone
2. Catch Hell Blues
3. You Don't Know What Love Is
4. 300 M.P.H. Torrential Outpour Blues
5. A Martyr for My Love for You
6. then the rest

They've changed a lot, but they're still absolutely awesome!!!!
What do you guys think of this album? And the current White Stripes?
Posted: Feb 11, 2008 5:47 PM - Quote - Report!

LedDaveZeppelin

yea the album is really good...It didnt take too long to get use to, I actually liked the Scotish/Irish types songs...Yea I really liked

Icky Thump
You Dont Know What Love Is
300 M.P.H. Torrential Outpour Blues
A Martyr For My Love For You
Prickly Thorn, But Sweetly Worn
Bone Broke

Yea The only song I dont like is Conquest. Hey Guitarhead what all White Stripes CDs do you have??

But yea this is all around a great album.
yea the album is really good...It didnt take too long to get use to, I actually liked the Scotish/Irish types songs...Yea I really liked

Icky Thump
You Dont Know What Love Is
300 M.P.H. Torrential Outpour Blues
A Martyr For My Love For You
Prickly Thorn, But Sweetly Worn
Bone Broke

Yea The only song I dont like is Conquest. Hey Guitarhead what all White Stripes CDs do you have??

But yea this is all around a great album.
Posted: Feb 11, 2008 8:13 PM - Quote - Report!

FriQue

Yeah - it rocks... It keeps typical WS style but adds somethnig new! Yeah - it rocks... It keeps typical WS style but adds somethnig new!
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 10:15 AM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

Just Elephant, Get Behind me Satan and now Icky Thump... What about you? Just Elephant, Get Behind me Satan and now Icky Thump... What about you?
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 7:39 PM - Quote - Report!

LedDaveZeppelin

Well I got them all....You should really check out their earlier stuff Guitarhead...Like
"White Blood Cells" or De Stijl" there both really awesome albums
Well I got them all....You should really check out their earlier stuff Guitarhead...Like
"White Blood Cells" or De Stijl" there both really awesome albums
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 5:07 PM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

I listened to W B C ages ago and I think I hated it, but I'll give it another try... I listened to W B C ages ago and I think I hated it, but I'll give it another try...
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 12:25 PM - Quote - Report!

ze monsta

De Stijl is awesome. The best album they ever released. De Stijl is awesome. The best album they ever released.
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 10:16 PM - Quote - Report!

allie_is_cool

Get Behind Me Satan is my least favorite album but its still awesome Get Behind Me Satan is my least favorite album but its still awesome
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 5:50 PM - Quote - Report!

StripeyWhitey

By far the best albums in my opinion is their first two - The White Stripes & De Stijl. They are far edgier and raw sounding that anything that came after.

White Bloods Cells kicks a** as does Elephant but even though they were recorded quickly you can tell there is far more production on them.

allie_is_cool wrote on Apr 5th, 2008 at 12:50pm :
Get Behind Me Satan is my least favorite album but its still awesome

I have to agree with you allie_is_cool but even this album is strong in comparsion to other bands out there.

As far as Icky Thump is concerned, it think it it the Stripes back to their best, i was just gutted that they cancelled their UK leg of the tour last year AND i just missed out on Raconteurs tickets so its a double pi**er!
By far the best albums in my opinion is their first two - The White Stripes & De Stijl. They are far edgier and raw sounding that anything that came after.

White Bloods Cells kicks a** as does Elephant but even though they were recorded quickly you can tell there is far more production on them.

allie_is_cool wrote on Apr 5th, 2008 at 12:50pm :
Get Behind Me Satan is my least favorite album but its still awesome

I have to agree with you allie_is_cool but even this album is strong in comparsion to other bands out there.

As far as Icky Thump is concerned, it think it it the Stripes back to their best, i was just gutted that they cancelled their UK leg of the tour last year AND i just missed out on Raconteurs tickets so its a double pi**er!
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 1:27 PM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

right, my next aim is: to get de stijl. right, my next aim is: to get de stijl.
Posted: Apr 19, 2008 7:52 PM - Quote - Report!

LedDaveZeppelin

De Stijl will not let you down man. De Stijl will not let you down man.
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 4:40 AM - Quote - Report!

blue_like_u

all albums are great but the worst is Get behind me satan...
it gets really boring sometimes...
Why Jacko???
all albums are great but the worst is Get behind me satan...
it gets really boring sometimes...
Why Jacko???
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 11:17 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand