Wiki-Whores

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Show Your Wiki-Love!

SethMegadefan

Here's where you can all express your love for Wikipedia and its greatness. How much do you love it? (Don't get too graphic about answering that) How often do you find yourself on Wikipedia, sifting aimlessly through piles of irrelevant garbage, absolutely amazed by what you're reading? I do that too!

I'd also like to use this thread to thank all members who have joined. A group wouldn't be a group without members, right? And if you want, feel free to tell your friends about the Wiki-Whores group as well. The more the merrier, as they say.

Thirdly, I would like to explicitly state what exactly will be talked about in this thread. And it simply is this: ANY information that you've found on Wikipedia! Or information ABOUT Wikipedia. Or both. Just feel free to be nerdy in here. Hell, I've always been comfortable with it.

Here's where you can all express your love for Wikipedia and its greatness. How much do you love it? (Don't get too graphic about answering that) How often do you find yourself on Wikipedia, sifting aimlessly through piles of irrelevant garbage, absolutely amazed by what you're reading? I do that too!

I'd also like to use this thread to thank all members who have joined. A group wouldn't be a group without members, right? And if you want, feel free to tell your friends about the Wiki-Whores group as well. The more the merrier, as they say.

Thirdly, I would like to explicitly state what exactly will be talked about in this thread. And it simply is this: ANY information that you've found on Wikipedia! Or information ABOUT Wikipedia. Or both. Just feel free to be nerdy in here. Hell, I've always been comfortable with it.

Posted: Aug 17, 2007 5:42 PM - Quote - Report!

ledhead67

Sometimes I'll start reading an article, and follow a few links, and end up on a completely irrelevant article, and keep reading, and reading, and keep following links, and forget where I was initially. Sometimes I'll start reading an article, and follow a few links, and end up on a completely irrelevant article, and keep reading, and reading, and keep following links, and forget where I was initially.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 8:02 PM - Quote - Report!

SGstriker

ledhead67 wrote on Aug 17th, 2007 at 3:02pm :
Sometimes I'll start reading an article, and follow a few links, and end up on a completely irrelevant article, and keep reading, and reading, and keep following links, and forget where I was initially.

I do that too.
I spent about 4 hours of my day reading articles on Zeppelin once.
Sometimes I'll start reading an article, and follow a few links, and end up on a completely irrelevant article, and keep reading, and reading, and keep following links, and forget where I was initially.

I do that too.
I spent about 4 hours of my day reading articles on Zeppelin once.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 9:24 PM - Quote - Report!

DarTHie

Sometimes I'll start reading an article, and follow a few links, and
end up on a completely irrelevant article, and keep reading, and
reading, and keep following links, and forget where I was initially.

I do that, too.
I get from Hillel Slovak to WWII.
Sometimes I'll start reading an article, and follow a few links, and
end up on a completely irrelevant article, and keep reading, and
reading, and keep following links, and forget where I was initially.

I do that, too.
I get from Hillel Slovak to WWII.
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 10:26 AM - Quote - Report!

supergerbil

Me too, It's so easy to get sidetracked and end up looking at random things.
Me too, It's so easy to get sidetracked and end up looking at random things.
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 12:12 PM - Quote - Report!

DarTHie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icy_Hot

''The cream provides a pleasant sensation when applied to the testicles.''

wtf?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icy_Hot

''The cream provides a pleasant sensation when applied to the testicles.''

wtf?
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 1:40 PM - Quote - Report!

andersoncouncil

There is an anti-depressant that causes about 5% of the people who use it to reach orgasm while yawning.

I
There is an anti-depressant that causes about 5% of the people who use it to reach orgasm while yawning.

I
Posted: Aug 26, 2007 11:46 PM - Quote - Report!

Rhitard

I always use it to read biographies on artists I admire and see how thier bands were formed. To learn how they started from nothing gives you a lot of inspiration :D

Who read the "Ten facts about Wikipedia you didn't know"? I did :D
I always use it to read biographies on artists I admire and see how thier bands were formed. To learn how they started from nothing gives you a lot of inspiration :D

Who read the "Ten facts about Wikipedia you didn't know"? I did :D
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 12:24 AM - Quote - Report!

aaciseric

I have a tendancy to tell people things from all the artivles i've read, I think I kind of over do it abit sometimes too lol. I have a tendancy to tell people things from all the artivles i've read, I think I kind of over do it abit sometimes too lol.
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 1:10 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand