Wiki-Whores

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

A New Trend?

SethMegadefan

Since this group is essentially going to bring the word of Wikipedia's awesomeness to millions--nay, billions--of people (at least that was the game plan), I thought it necessary to generate a trend which will, inevitably, sweep the globe and everyone and their uncle will be imitating said trend (again, all part of my "master" plan). So what better way than to pointlessly add "Wiki" as a prefix to the beginning of random words? Think about it...
  • [yawn] "Oh wow, I'm Wiki-tired!"
  • "Hey dude, wanna pass me the Wiki-salt?"
  • "Where'd you put my damn Wiki-toothbrush?"
Ahh, the possibilities are Wiki-endless. Just don't overuse it, or you might get Wiki-punched.
Oh hey, we should all get Wikipedia tattooes on our foreheads! No? No? Anybody?
I'm just throwing out suggestions, people. Wikipedia serves us as the ultimate and superior source of information in the known universe; the least we could do is give it a little recognition!

Oh, and about that billion users thing; come on, people, get recruiting some members! Only 999,999,993 more to go! We can do it!
Since this group is essentially going to bring the word of Wikipedia's awesomeness to millions--nay, billions--of people (at least that was the game plan), I thought it necessary to generate a trend which will, inevitably, sweep the globe and everyone and their uncle will be imitating said trend (again, all part of my "master" plan). So what better way than to pointlessly add "Wiki" as a prefix to the beginning of random words? Think about it...
  • [yawn] "Oh wow, I'm Wiki-tired!"
  • "Hey dude, wanna pass me the Wiki-salt?"
  • "Where'd you put my damn Wiki-toothbrush?"
Ahh, the possibilities are Wiki-endless. Just don't overuse it, or you might get Wiki-punched.
Oh hey, we should all get Wikipedia tattooes on our foreheads! No? No? Anybody?
I'm just throwing out suggestions, people. Wikipedia serves us as the ultimate and superior source of information in the known universe; the least we could do is give it a little recognition!

Oh, and about that billion users thing; come on, people, get recruiting some members! Only 999,999,993 more to go! We can do it!
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 5:59 PM - Quote - Report!

ledhead67

I'll get a wiki-tattoo somewhere, but not on my wiki-forehead. Wikipedia knows all! I'll get a wiki-tattoo somewhere, but not on my wiki-forehead. Wikipedia knows all!
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 8:04 PM - Quote - Report!

TheHeartbreaker

Actually, Wiki is already a word; it means "quick" in Hawaiian.

For that reason, maybe we should substitue "quick" with "Wiki", and add in "Wiki" where it would make sense.

For example: "Wiki Robin, to the Batcave!"
Actually, Wiki is already a word; it means "quick" in Hawaiian.

For that reason, maybe we should substitue "quick" with "Wiki", and add in "Wiki" where it would make sense.

For example: "Wiki Robin, to the Batcave!"
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 9:12 PM - Quote - Report!

SethMegadefan

^Awesome idea. I never knew that, actually.
Double-awesome for the Robin quote, too.
^Awesome idea. I never knew that, actually.
Double-awesome for the Robin quote, too.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 9:55 PM - Quote - Report!

DarTHie

No one can beat our wiki-knowledge. No one can beat our wiki-knowledge.
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 11:32 AM - Quote - Report!

supergerbil

I love that wiki-comment "Wiki Robin, to the Batcave!" I love that wiki-comment "Wiki Robin, to the Batcave!"
Posted: Aug 21, 2007 12:10 PM - Quote - Report!

James TH

wiki-awesome! its the greatest thing since the push up bra and sliced bread! wiki-awesome! its the greatest thing since the push up bra and sliced bread!
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 4:54 PM - Quote - Report!

ledhead67

^You're forgetting rock music, the electric guitar, Led Zeppelin, and Playboy magazine. ^You're forgetting rock music, the electric guitar, Led Zeppelin, and Playboy magazine.
Posted: Aug 26, 2007 1:56 AM - Quote - Report!

andersoncouncil

Wikipedia >/= the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

If Wiki means quick, what does pedia mean?

Like as in (wiki)pediatrician?
Wikipedia >/= the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

If Wiki means quick, what does pedia mean?

Like as in (wiki)pediatrician?
Posted: Aug 26, 2007 11:50 PM - Quote - Report!

ledhead67

I think pedia means knowledge or information. One of those two. I think pedia means knowledge or information. One of those two.
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 1:07 AM - Quote - Report!

European Son

This is wiki-ed. This is wiki-ed.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 1:26 AM - Quote - Report!

dio_dude

european son, nice wiki-pun there wiki-man. wiki-lol and various other wiki orientated words, and whatever wikipedia wiki-entails :) european son, nice wiki-pun there wiki-man. wiki-lol and various other wiki orientated words, and whatever wikipedia wiki-entails :)
Posted: Nov 24, 2007 8:40 AM - Quote - Report!

Godsmack311

wikilmfao wikilmfao
Posted: Feb 3, 2008 10:43 PM - Quote - Report!

aaciseric

Is'nt it going to be hard to get 1 billion wiki-members when there are only about 55,000 or there abouts on UG?
Actually i'm not sure how many members it has because wikipedia says "890,000" and my profile says "58,419". Now i'm confused, can someone help me out Wiki-ly.
Is'nt it going to be hard to get 1 billion wiki-members when there are only about 55,000 or there abouts on UG?
Actually i'm not sure how many members it has because wikipedia says "890,000" and my profile says  "58,419". Now i'm confused, can someone help me out Wiki-ly.
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 3:20 PM - Quote - Report!

not_dead_enough

I can't believe no one has said that a "wiki" is an online site that anyone can edit: hence wikipedia is an encyclopedia, wikisaurus is a thesaurus and so on. I get the joke and all, and I do have a sense of humour, but reading this honestly it looks like most of you "wiki-whores" really don't know what it means.

And I'm not trying to dispute the hawaiian meaning too, I know it's a word there too
I can't believe no one has said that a "wiki" is an online site that anyone can edit: hence wikipedia is an encyclopedia, wikisaurus is a thesaurus and so on. I get the joke and all, and I do have a sense of humour, but reading this honestly it looks like most of you "wiki-whores" really don't know what it means.

And I'm not trying to dispute the hawaiian meaning too, I know it's a word there too
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 9:11 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand