Zeppelinism

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Knebworth 79 concert on vh1 classic

ilikeguitar90

For those of you with vh1 classic, A 2 and a half hour zeppelin concert from Knebworth in 1979 has been on a lot lately. There's another showing tonight for where I am (California, USA).

Just thought you guys would like to know
For those of you with vh1 classic, A 2 and a half hour zeppelin concert from Knebworth in 1979 has been on a lot lately.  There's another showing tonight for where I am (California, USA).

Just thought you guys would like to know
Posted: Dec 18, 2007 1:48 AM - Quote - Report!

Dakota078

That was like there best concert ever.. That was like there best concert ever..
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 3:49 AM - Quote - Report!

Page&HammettFan

^
Far from it man! Those were some of the worst. If you like that then you need to check out some of the earlier concerts. They absolutely jam on the stuff played at Earl's Court and Madison Square Garden. The thing that really saves Knebworth is the songs. It has a great setlist, but musically Page and Plant were both way off, in my opinion. I prefer the stuff at Earl's Court any day just because of the intensity of it all.
^
Far from it man! Those were some of the worst. If you like that then you need to check out some of the earlier concerts. They absolutely jam on the stuff played at Earl's Court and Madison Square Garden. The thing that really saves Knebworth is the songs. It has a great setlist, but musically Page and Plant were both way off, in my opinion. I prefer the stuff at Earl's Court any day just because of the intensity of it all.
Posted: Dec 24, 2007 6:44 AM - Quote - Report!

Dakota078

^
Yea, I liked Earls Court in 75'. I Just like the 79 Knebworth, because Jimmy is getting a wake-up call from herion, and etc. And Plant sings really good there.
^
Yea, I liked Earls Court in 75'. I Just like the 79 Knebworth, because Jimmy is getting a wake-up call from herion, and etc. And Plant sings really good there.
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 3:43 AM - Quote - Report!

Page&HammettFan

^
I've always thought that toward the end of Zeppelin's career Plant really sounded like shit... And Page wasn't to come off of heroin for years. He was still on it at that time, if I'm not mistaken.
^
I've always thought that toward the end of Zeppelin's career Plant really sounded like shit... And Page wasn't to come off of heroin for years. He was still on it at that time, if I'm not mistaken.
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 4:42 AM - Quote - Report!

Dakota078

^
Really? He nailed Kashmir, and Whole Lotta Love.
^
Really? He nailed Kashmir, and Whole Lotta Love.
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 6:47 AM - Quote - Report!

Page&HammettFan

^
He played well on No Quarter as well. But that doesn't mean he was off heroin. He just wasn't stoned at the time that they played that concert. If you look, from about '77 onwards Page played less and less and less, and he really suffered as a guitarist for it. He said that if he didn't play for a few hours a day his playing really did suffer, and you can see it on the Knebworth stage. Even two years prior to that, on the '77 tour, he was much better than he was at the time of that show.
^
He played well on No Quarter as well. But that doesn't mean he was off heroin. He just wasn't stoned at the time that they played that concert. If you look, from about '77 onwards Page played less and less and less, and he really suffered as a guitarist for it. He said that if he didn't play for a few hours a day his playing really did suffer, and you can see it on the Knebworth stage. Even two years prior to that, on the '77 tour, he was much better than he was at the time of that show.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 4:34 AM - Quote - Report!

AdayTripper

I dunno I have both Knebworth concerts and love them. Page is sloppy, and Plant is struggling, but it's better than many '77 shows I've heard. I dunno I have both Knebworth concerts and love them. Page is sloppy, and Plant is struggling, but it's better than many '77 shows I've heard.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:26 AM - Quote - Report!

one vision

When they performed kashmir at knebworth 79, I think it is better than the studio version, I ripped it off the vid and listen to it on my ipod all the time :p When they performed kashmir at knebworth 79, I think it is better than the studio version, I ripped it off the vid and listen to it on my ipod all the time :p
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 8:07 PM - Quote - Report!

zeppdc

Rock N' Roll live at Knebworth was pretty good probably Robert Plant at his best and so was Kashmir and Achilles last stand altho Jimmy was still in the heroin.... Rock N' Roll live at Knebworth was pretty good probably Robert Plant at his best and so was Kashmir and Achilles last stand altho Jimmy was still in the heroin....
Posted: Aug 1, 2010 7:11 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand