Zeppelinism

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

The Song Remains the Same concert film

mesopatamius

I saw it on VH1 Classic a while ago, recorded it with my nifty DVR thing, and watched it three times through. And stained the couch with drool.
I liked Led Zeppelin before that, but seeing them play live, seeing them perform up on a stage, it cemented what will be, I'm sure, an eternal allegiance to the higher power that is Led Zeppelin.
If you haven't seen the movie already, buy it. Now.
For those who have, come revel in its glory!
I saw it on VH1 Classic a while ago, recorded it with my nifty DVR thing, and watched it three times through. And stained the couch with drool.
I liked Led Zeppelin before that, but seeing them play live, seeing them perform up on a stage, it cemented what will be, I'm sure, an eternal allegiance to the higher power that is Led Zeppelin.
If you haven't seen the movie already, buy it. Now.
For those who have, come revel in its glory!
Posted: Dec 28, 2007 1:13 AM - Quote - Report!

TheHeartbreaker

I love it. I love it.
Posted: Dec 28, 2007 2:19 PM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

never seen it...... Links?? never seen it...... Links??
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 8:06 PM - Quote - Report!

Page&HammettFan

It's great, but you really oughta check out their double-disc live DVD. It's much better, in my opinion, because they just show the band. There are no fantasy sequences or anything like that. The only drawback is that they only have one show that's even close to full -- 1970's Royal Albert Hall show. The rest of it is really divided up, so you're only getting a few songs from each performance. It's great, but you really oughta check out their double-disc live DVD. It's much better, in my opinion, because they just show the band. There are no fantasy sequences or anything like that. The only drawback is that they only have one show that's even close to full -- 1970's Royal Albert Hall show. The rest of it is really divided up, so you're only getting a few songs from each performance.
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 7:44 PM - Quote - Report!

mesopatamius

I thought the fantasy sequences were kinda cool. And the one at the end for Bonham was like a wordless interview with him, about all his hobbies and stuff. I'll have to check out the Led Zeppelin DVD though, I'd heard about it before. You think they have it at Target? I thought the fantasy sequences were kinda cool. And the one at the end for Bonham was like a wordless interview with him, about all his hobbies and stuff. I'll have to check out the Led Zeppelin DVD though, I'd heard about it before. You think they have it at Target?
Posted: Jan 4, 2008 9:14 PM - Quote - Report!

elementfreak

I've seen it and it is awesome i have the original tape version and i have the dvd the one with the mountain on the front. the song remains the same is awesome i just love how jimmy page plays rock'n'roll and then jumps on to the main riff of bring it on home and then jumps to the song black dog its just wicked man I've seen it and it is awesome i have the original tape version and i have the dvd the one with the mountain on the front. the song remains the same is awesome i just love how jimmy page plays rock'n'roll and then jumps on to the main riff of bring it on home and then jumps to the song black dog its just wicked man
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 7:26 PM - Quote - Report!

Page&HammettFan

I'm not sure of if it'd be at Target or not. I got it at a Wal-Mart for a friend of mine once, so I don't see why they wouldn't have it at Target.

The DVD itself -- or atleast disc two -- is a bunch of songs from different performances over the years. '75s Earl's Court performance is on there, and so is the '79 Knebworth festival. The only thing about it is that they don't show the full shows. Rather, they just show a few songs from each.
I'm not sure of if it'd be at Target or not. I got it at a Wal-Mart for a friend of mine once, so I don't see why they wouldn't have it at Target.

The DVD itself -- or atleast disc two -- is a bunch of songs from different performances over the years. '75s Earl's Court performance is on there, and so is the '79 Knebworth festival. The only thing about it is that they don't show the full shows. Rather, they just show a few songs from each.
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 7:54 PM - Quote - Report!

aig91

I love it. Saw it a few times a VH1 Classic and finally got it a few weeks ago. One of the best performances EVER!! If you don't have it, GET IT!!!! I love it. Saw it a few times a VH1 Classic and finally got it a few weeks ago. One of the best performances EVER!! If you don't have it, GET IT!!!!
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 9:12 PM - Quote - Report!

Page&HammettFan

^
Too many bad edits in there, unfortunately. They cut a few minutes out of The Rain Song just to fit that damned fantasy sequence of Robert's. Unfortunately, they can't do anything about it now because of legal issues, which sucks. And, obviously, they were missing tons of footage from that show to begin with :rolleyes: According to Jimmy Page they were missing entire verses to songs :p
^
Too many bad edits in there, unfortunately. They cut a few minutes out of The Rain Song just to fit that damned fantasy sequence of Robert's. Unfortunately, they can't do anything about it now because of legal issues, which sucks. And, obviously, they were missing tons of footage from that show to begin with :rolleyes: According to Jimmy Page they were missing entire verses to songs :p
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 2:36 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand