Zeppelinism

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Seen them live?

Page/Rhoads

Has anyone been able to see them live? I haven't been alive long enough, but was anyone else? Was it the greatest concert ever? Has anyone been able to see them live? I haven't been alive long enough, but was anyone else? Was it the greatest concert ever?
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 8:23 PM - Quote - Report!

zeppelinpage4

Sloopy I think saw em' not sure which show though. Sloopy I think saw em' not sure which show though.
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 9:12 PM - Quote - Report!

Page&HammettFan

Sloopy saw them in '77, if memeory serves me right, which in obscure things that are completely meaningless, it usually does :p So I think you can bet that Sloopy saw them in '77.

I keep on spelling Sloopy "Sloppy" whenever I try spelling it now :p My fingers just don't wanna do their shit this time of year when I'm trying to type/write/play :(
Sloopy saw them in '77, if memeory serves me right, which in obscure things that are completely meaningless, it usually does :p So I think you can bet that Sloopy saw them in '77.

I keep on spelling Sloopy "Sloppy" whenever I try spelling it now :p My fingers just don't wanna do their shit this time of year when I'm trying to type/write/play :(
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 11:02 PM - Quote - Report!

Page/Rhoads

Well, I know my dad saw them twice. It would have been 4 times, but the one tour Plant's son died and on the other Bonham died. But Sloopy is lucky man. Lucky. Well, I know my dad saw them twice. It would have been 4 times, but the one tour Plant's son died and on the other Bonham died. But Sloopy is lucky man. Lucky.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 12:45 AM - Quote - Report!

zeppelinpage4

Yeah then there was epauley right? He got to go and talk to the band, I think he said that was around 68' or so... Yeah then there was epauley right? He got to go and talk to the band, I think he said that was around 68' or so...
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 9:56 PM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

My friend met john paul jones a couple of weeks ago. My friend met john paul jones a couple of weeks ago.
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 8:05 PM - Quote - Report!

Page&HammettFan

Epauley said that he saw them when they were touring for Led Zeppelin III, so that was probably in 1970 or early '71. Epauley said that he saw them when they were touring for Led Zeppelin III, so that was probably in 1970 or early '71.
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 6:04 AM - Quote - Report!

atlasguitar

The closest I have come to seeing them was the 40th anniversary of 1967 Monterey Pop Summer of Love Festival. There was several spectacular cover bands playing including Led Zeppelin, although I am not sure they were even there in '67. They mostly played off the first album and played Dazed and Confused which is my favorite song. It was fantastic, and the only thing that could have made it better was the real Led Zeppelin. I hope I will get a chance to see the real guys too! The closest I have come to seeing them was the 40th anniversary of 1967 Monterey Pop Summer of Love Festival. There was several spectacular cover bands playing including Led Zeppelin, although I am not sure they were even there in '67. They mostly played off the first album and played Dazed and Confused which is my favorite song. It was fantastic, and the only thing that could have made it better was the real Led Zeppelin. I hope I will get a chance to see the real guys too!
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 4:11 AM - Quote - Report!

sullo

I've seen Robert Plant Live in concert twice (2)....He performed two concerts in Sydney Australia so I went to both concerts (as you do). If he would have played 5 concerts, I would have gone to all five. It was amazing, the crowd sat mesmerised for the first half of the show, I don't think people could believe what they were witnessing ; the voice of Led Zeppelin. Who would've thought especially after the death of "John Henry Bonham (RIP)". The crowd went absolutely wild in the second half of the show as Plant and band teased the audience by launching into several opening riffs from some of Led Zeppelins classic songs. Unfortunately they didn't play any Led Zeppelin music but the chant "WE WANT ZEP" was loud throughout the stadium, especially the encores. Even Plant was blown away, it was an amazing experience one I will never forget. I hope one day I am fortunate enough to see the other band members with him doing what they do best. But I'm not holding my breath any more but it's nice to dream. I've seen Robert Plant Live in concert twice (2)....He performed two concerts in Sydney Australia so I went to both concerts (as you do). If he would have played 5 concerts, I would have gone to all five. It was amazing, the crowd sat mesmerised for the first half of the show, I don't think people could believe what they were witnessing ; the voice of Led Zeppelin. Who would've thought especially after the death of "John Henry Bonham (RIP)". The crowd went absolutely wild in the second half of the show as Plant and band teased the audience by launching into several opening riffs from some of Led Zeppelins classic songs. Unfortunately they didn't play any Led Zeppelin music but the chant "WE WANT ZEP" was loud throughout the stadium, especially the encores. Even Plant was blown away, it was an amazing experience one I will never forget. I hope one day I am fortunate enough to see the other band members with him doing what they do best. But I'm not holding my breath any more but it's nice to dream.
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 11:12 AM - Quote - Report!

cornmancer

Nope too young, but I have watched the DVD that comes with Mothership more times than one can count. Nope too young, but I have watched the DVD that comes with Mothership more times than one can count.
Posted: May 28, 2009 9:11 PM - Quote - Report!

Soulsword

I'm only 16 years old... I wish I saw them, once live in the original composition of Page, Plant, Jones and Bonham (not the son, but the Father) I would kill for it, almost literally I'm only 16 years old...

I wish I saw them, once live in the original composition of Page, Plant, Jones and Bonham (not the son, but the Father)

I would kill for it, almost literally
Posted: May 31, 2009 1:47 PM - Quote - Report!

Daniel O M

thats my dream, i wish i saw them, but i guess somethings are imposible(they aint gonna come to costa rica...) thats my dream, i wish i saw them, but i guess somethings are imposible(they aint gonna come to costa rica...)
Posted: Jul 4, 2009 4:32 PM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand