Zeppelinism

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Favorite Acoustic Song?

SGstriker

Well, what is your favorite Acoustic song by Led Zeppelin...hell it doesn't have to be completely acoustic.
As for me, mine is Thank You, that acoustic guitar solo is awesome.
Babe Im Gonna Leave You is a close 2nd.
Well, what is your favorite Acoustic song by Led Zeppelin...hell it doesn't have to be completely acoustic.
As for me, mine is Thank You, that acoustic guitar solo is awesome.
Babe Im Gonna Leave You is a close 2nd.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 9:26 PM - Quote - Report!

SethMegadefan

Either "Over the Hills and Far Away" or "That's the Way." I can't decide which one I like better. They're both so awesome.
And, of course, "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You." I mean, DUH.
Either "Over the Hills and Far Away" or "That's the Way." I can't decide which one I like better. They're both so awesome.
And, of course, "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You." I mean, DUH.
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 9:59 PM - Quote - Report!

zeppelinpage4

Probably That's The Way or Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. OtHaFA is also great.... Probably That's The Way or Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. OtHaFA is also great....
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 2:48 AM - Quote - Report!

-heartbreaker-

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

epic chords!
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

epic chords!
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 4:01 AM - Quote - Report!

Greenday389

Over the Hills and Far away for sure. Even though Stairway maybe overrated or overplayed I still love it too. Over the Hills and Far away for sure. Even though Stairway maybe overrated or overplayed I still love it too.
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 7:45 AM - Quote - Report!

16kramer05

Definitely the Battle of Evermore. Gives me chills every time I listen to it. Beautiful. Definitely the Battle of Evermore. Gives me chills every time I listen to it. Beautiful.
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 8:02 AM - Quote - Report!

SGstriker

ack...I changed my mind...its definitely Babe Im Gonna Leave You ack...I changed my mind...its definitely Babe Im Gonna Leave You
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 9:13 AM - Quote - Report!

TheHeartbreaker

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You is awesome, but I think that my new favorite acoustic Led Zeppelin song is Friends. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You is awesome, but I think that my new favorite acoustic Led Zeppelin song is Friends.
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 5:04 PM - Quote - Report!

SethMegadefan

^Oh crap, I forgot about Friends!
Awesome song as well. Sweet (and delightfully weird) acoustic riffage in that one.
^Oh crap, I forgot about Friends!
Awesome song as well. Sweet (and delightfully weird) acoustic riffage in that one.
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 5:11 PM - Quote - Report!

Moonman13

Friends....then black country woman....then bron-y-aur stomp, he could really rip up an acoustic! Friends....then black country woman....then bron-y-aur stomp, he could really rip up an acoustic!
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 7:22 PM - Quote - Report!

SethMegadefan

Alas, I must punch myself in the face.
I have also forgotten "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp," one of my favorite Zep songs EVER. That song's great... to me, it sums up everything about Zep III. 4 guys from a rock band hangin' out in a thatched cottage, jamming out to borderline folk tunes. It doesn't get much better than that.
Alas, I must punch myself in the face.
I have also forgotten "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp," one of my favorite Zep songs EVER. That song's great... to me, it sums up everything about Zep III. 4 guys from a rock band hangin' out in a thatched cottage, jamming out to borderline folk tunes. It doesn't get much better than that.
Posted: Aug 18, 2007 10:51 PM - Quote - Report!

Sloopy

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, although I can play a mean Rain Song on acoustic. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, although I can play a mean Rain Song on acoustic.
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 1:38 AM - Quote - Report!

lounge act

Bron-Y- Aur stomp,Its my favorite Zeppelin song ever Bron-Y- Aur stomp,Its my favorite Zeppelin song ever
Posted: Aug 19, 2007 7:32 PM - Quote - Report!

Page&HammettFan

I love all of their acoustic songs... It's really difficult to decide on one song :( I love all of their acoustic songs... It's really difficult to decide on one song :(
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 5:47 AM - Quote - Report!

TheHeartbreaker

lounge act wrote on Aug 19th, 2007 at 2:32pm :
Bron-Y- Aur stomp,Its my favorite Zeppelin song ever

It was my favorite as well for a long time.

Also, though obviously not my favorite (since I posted Friends as my favorite before), Bron-Yr-Aur from Physical Graffiti is a beautiful acoustic piece.
lounge act wrote on Aug 19th, 2007 at 2:32pm :
Bron-Y- Aur stomp,Its my favorite Zeppelin song ever

It was my favorite as well for a long time.

Also, though obviously not my favorite (since I posted Friends as my favorite before), Bron-Yr-Aur from Physical Graffiti is a beautiful acoustic piece.
Posted: Aug 20, 2007 2:44 PM - Quote - Report!

ledhead67

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, 100% all-the-way.

*(Is it spelled "Bron-Y-Aur" or "Bron-Yr-Aur"? And for that matter, how's it pronounced? "Bron-a-rire"? "Bron-err-ore"? "Bron-are?" "bron-err-are?" "bron-yer-are?")
Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, 100% all-the-way.

*(Is it spelled "Bron-Y-Aur" or "Bron-Yr-Aur"? And for that matter, how's it pronounced? "Bron-a-rire"? "Bron-err-ore"? "Bron-are?" "bron-err-are?" "bron-yer-are?")
Posted: Aug 23, 2007 11:54 PM - Quote - Report!

lounge act

ledhead67 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2007 at 6:54pm :
Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, 100% all-the-way.*(Is it spelled "Bron-Y-Aur" or "Bron-Yr-Aur"? And for that matter, how's it pronounced? "Bron-a-rire"? "Bron-err-ore"? "Bron-are?" "bron-err-are?" "bron-yer-are?")

Don't quote me on this, but I think its supposed to be spelled Bron-Yr, when on the album it wasn't accidentally spelled Bron-Y. I'm not really sure if thats true.

I always pronounce it Brawn-Yer-Are, but I doubt thats right.

And of course another favorite of mine is Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. The chorus is just so powerful.
ledhead67 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2007 at 6:54pm :
Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, 100% all-the-way.*(Is it spelled "Bron-Y-Aur" or "Bron-Yr-Aur"? And for that matter, how's it pronounced? "Bron-a-rire"? "Bron-err-ore"? "Bron-are?" "bron-err-are?" "bron-yer-are?")

Don't quote me on this, but I think its supposed to be spelled Bron-Yr, when on the album it wasn't accidentally spelled Bron-Y. I'm not really sure if thats true.

I always pronounce it Brawn-Yer-Are, but I doubt thats right.

And of course another favorite of mine is Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. The chorus is just so powerful.
Posted: Aug 24, 2007 3:50 AM - Quote - Report!

allie_is_cool

Robert Plant pronounced it "bron rar" but a guy that speaks Welsh as a first langauge told me it was "bron uh-r ah-ee-r". Either way, its an awesome song. Robert Plant pronounced it "bron rar" but a guy that speaks Welsh as a first langauge told me it was "bron uh-r ah-ee-r". Either way, its an awesome song.
Posted: Aug 31, 2007 11:58 PM - Quote - Report!

James_Water2

OtHaFa or Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp OtHaFa or Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 3:54 AM - Quote - Report!

Shayne777

Going to Californa Going to Californa
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 4:36 AM - Quote - Report!

one vision

Babe im gonna leave you, and OBVIOUSLY stairway.. Babe im gonna leave you, and OBVIOUSLY stairway..
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 6:03 PM - Quote - Report!

aig91

Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, or Black Mountain Side. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, or Black Mountain Side.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 9:14 PM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

Over the hills and far away (just learnt this one) Babe I'm gonna leave you and the first section of stairway. Theyre all very nice to play. Over the hills and far away (just learnt this one) Babe I'm gonna leave you and the first section of stairway. Theyre all very nice to play.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 7:07 PM - Quote - Report!

LittleKnowItAll

Over the hills and far away, had to learn it once for a band and then couldn't stop playing it. o.o Over the hills and far away, had to learn it once for a band and then couldn't stop playing it. o.o
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 2:56 PM - Quote - Report!

freebird_17

Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp :D Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp :D
Posted: May 11, 2008 4:06 AM - Quote - Report!

ortrigger

i was watching Led Zeppelin: Live on VH1 classic today and decided my favorite acoustic song by them is Going to California. amazing song. i was watching Led Zeppelin: Live on VH1 classic today and decided my favorite acoustic song by them is Going to California. amazing song.
Posted: May 29, 2008 4:58 AM - Quote - Report!

indie_nation

its hard but i like ramble on its hard but i like ramble on
Posted: Jun 1, 2008 4:28 PM - Quote - Report!

Zosolin

I'd say Black Mountain Side...but it's NOT acoustic...so Going to California for sure. I'd say Black Mountain Side...but it's NOT acoustic...so Going to California for sure.
Posted: Jun 1, 2008 8:06 PM - Quote - Report!

LedZoso4

definitely bron y-aur-stomp. i was blown away by the solos in the earl's court version definitely bron y-aur-stomp. i was blown away by the solos in the earl's court version
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 2:36 AM - Quote - Report!

new yardbird 9

Bron-Yr-Aur from Physical Graffiti Bron-Yr-Aur from Physical Graffiti
Posted: Mar 5, 2013 3:21 AM - Quote - Report!

Led Zep fan

Over the hills and far way
Ten years gone,
Bron-yr aur stomp,
Thats the way,
going to california

Jimmy page does buiterfull acoutsic work :,)
Over the hills and far way Ten years gone, Bron-yr aur stomp, Thats the way, going to california Jimmy page does buiterfull acoutsic work :,)
Posted: Aug 12, 2013 7:30 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand