Zeppelinism

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

inspired by zepplein

maroon5sucks

im just wondering how many people have started playing from zeppelin i started just so could play stairway im just wondering how many people have started playing from zeppelin i started just so could play stairway
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 3:06 AM - Quote - Report!

zeppelinpage4

^ haha Stairway did it for me as well. I actually started playing a few months before I had even heard Zep or was familiar with classic rock. I was learning a Clapton riff and mainstream stuff that didn't do much for me, so guitar was just a side thing I half assed. However that summer my cousin visited and I remember she downloaded a bunch of random songs for us to listen to and one of em' was Stairway.......it was the first time I had heard a real guitar solo even. My immediate thought was "WOW" and the I wanted to play like that.

Thus began the serious practice and inspiration to play the guitar.

The funny part is I still can't play the solo properly. :p Might be a fun summer goal.
^ haha Stairway did it for me as well. I actually started playing a few months before I had even heard Zep or was familiar with classic rock. I was learning a Clapton riff and mainstream stuff that didn't do much for me, so guitar was just a side thing I half assed. However that summer my cousin visited and I remember she downloaded a bunch of random songs for us to listen to and one of em' was Stairway.......it was the first time I had heard a real guitar solo even. My immediate thought was "WOW" and the I wanted to play like that.

Thus began the serious practice and inspiration to play the guitar.

The funny part is I still can't play the solo properly. :p Might be a fun summer goal.
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 2:41 AM - Quote - Report!

maroon5sucks

when i started i thought stairway was the hardest song ever cause you had stretch out three frets when i started i thought stairway was the hardest song ever cause you had stretch out three frets
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 6:26 AM - Quote - Report!

zeppelinpage4

Yeah and for me the whole concept of bending was completely new. Also that little fast pull off bit he does at the end of the solo had me stumped when I started. I thought he was picking super fast and had no idea you could use pull offs that way. Zep actually gave me a great base for guitar playing because of all the little techniques I got from Page. Yeah and for me the whole concept of bending was completely new. Also that little fast pull off bit he does at the end of the solo had me stumped when I started. I thought he was picking super fast and had no idea you could use pull offs that way. Zep actually gave me a great base for guitar playing  because of all the little techniques I got from Page.
Posted: Jul 10, 2008 4:53 AM - Quote - Report!

Van Halen Man

I didn't start because of LZ, but Stairway to heaven was one of the first songs I learned. Eruption (Van Halen(just incase any of you didn't know that)) was my first song, since I really got into guitar because of him, and ~90% of all that I know is Van Halen. But yeah led zeppelin is great. When I started I had a pretty natural ability to play, so Stairway to heaven wasn't hard for me at all, having started with the song that I did. This was probably less than half a year after first getting lessons, which was when I first started playing. I didn't start because of LZ, but Stairway to heaven was one of the first songs I learned. Eruption (Van Halen(just incase any of you didn't know that)) was my first song, since I really got into guitar because of him, and ~90% of all that I know is Van Halen. But yeah led zeppelin is great. When I started I had a pretty natural ability to play, so Stairway to heaven wasn't hard for me at all, having started with the song that I did. This was probably less than half a year after first getting lessons, which was when I first started playing.
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 12:16 AM - Quote - Report!

maroon5sucks

Van Halen Man wrote on Jul 11th, 2008 at 7:16pm :
I didn't start because of LZ, but Stairway to heaven was one of the first songs I learned. Eruption (Van Halen(just incase any of you didn't know that)) was my first song, since I really got into guitar because of him, and ~90% of all that I know is Van Halen. But yeah led zeppelin is great. When I started I had a pretty natural ability to play, so Stairway to heaven wasn't hard for me at all, having started with the song that I did. This was probably less than half a year after first getting lessons, which was when I first started playing.
yeah i came pretty naturally my hands were really small then
[QUOTE u='Van Halen Man' d='2008-07-11 19:16:35']I didn't start because of LZ, but Stairway to heaven was one of the first songs I learned. Eruption (Van Halen(just incase any of you didn't know that)) was my first song, since I really got into guitar because of him, and ~90% of all that I know is Van Halen. But yeah led zeppelin is great. When I started I had a pretty natural ability to play, so Stairway to heaven wasn't hard for me at all, having started with the song that I did. This was probably less than half a year after first getting lessons, which was when I first started playing.[/QUOTE]yeah i came pretty naturally my hands were really small then
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 7:20 AM - Quote - Report!

ortrigger

i actually started playing guitar because of Avenged Sevenfold. i was really into heavy metal, modern rock, and such at the time and decided I wanted to learn to play. I joined UG and they are the ones who turned me onto classic rock. I was always hearing that Stairway was "the" song to learn for beginners and thus i started to play Led Zeppelin, which then led onto Van Halen, Boston, and such other bands. I also picked up a ton of little things from Page that i still need to apply to my own playing. i actually started playing guitar because of Avenged Sevenfold. i was really into heavy metal, modern rock, and such at the time and decided I wanted to learn to play. I joined UG and they are the ones who turned me onto classic rock. I was always hearing that Stairway was "the" song to learn for beginners and thus i started to play Led Zeppelin, which then led onto Van Halen, Boston, and such other bands. I also picked up a ton of little things from Page that i still need to apply to my own playing.
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 12:49 AM - Quote - Report!

Page/Rhoads

I first got an acoutsic guitar and I said "The first song I'm gonna learn is Stairway To Heaven". And now, 2 years later with an electric guitar, I can play it. But it still amazes me that anyone could write a song that amazing. I first got an acoutsic guitar and I said "The first song I'm gonna learn is Stairway To Heaven". And now, 2 years later with an electric guitar, I can play it. But it still amazes me that anyone could write a song that amazing.
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 7:52 PM - Quote - Report!

maroon5sucks

Page/Rhoads wrote on Jul 19th, 2008 at 2:52pm :
I first got an acoutsic guitar and I said "The first song I'm gonna learn is Stairway To Heaven". And now, 2 years later with an electric guitar, I can play it. But it still amazes me that anyone could write a song that amazing.
for some reason i i imagine you saying im going to learn stairway to heaven in 3 year old voice i dont know why
[QUOTE u='Page/Rhoads' d='2008-07-19 14:52:59']I first got an acoutsic guitar and I said "The first song I'm gonna learn is Stairway To Heaven". And now, 2 years later with an electric guitar, I can play it. But it still amazes me that anyone could write a song that amazing.[/QUOTE]for some reason i i imagine you saying im going to learn stairway to heaven in 3 year old voice i dont know why
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 8:05 AM - Quote - Report!

Kevin Saale

If there ever was a perfect song it was Stairway.

Alas, I cannot say Led Zeppelin inspired me to learn. My friend taught me to play Smoke on the Water on an acoustic at a party and I was hooked forever. Stairway was one of the first songs I learned, though I still don't know all of it to this today, I'm bad at learning songs all the way through.
If there ever was a perfect song it was Stairway.

Alas, I cannot say Led Zeppelin inspired me to learn. My friend taught me to play Smoke on the Water on an acoustic at a party and I was hooked forever. Stairway was one of the first songs I learned, though I still don't know all of it to this today, I'm bad at learning songs all the way through.
Posted: Jul 28, 2008 4:04 AM - Quote - Report!

Rising Shadow

I never really listened to Zep until a little after I started playing. I played because my dad played and I wanted to be like him so here I am now. Stairway was not really one of my firsts. It was just one of those things where I just wanted to learn it. I never really listened to Zep until a little after I started playing. I played because my dad played and I wanted to be like him so here I am now. Stairway was not really one of my firsts. It was just one of those things where I just wanted to learn it.
Posted: Aug 6, 2008 5:54 PM - Quote - Report!

jimmyled

i started playing after i bought Led Zeppelin IV, my first album ever! I heard Stairway from my cousin and decided that a band with a song that good is worth buying an album. I was right! LED ZEPPELIN RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(WTF?did i just put those hearts?)
i started playing after i bought Led Zeppelin IV, my first album ever! I heard Stairway from my cousin and decided that a band with a song that good is worth buying an album. I was right! LED ZEPPELIN RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(WTF?did i just put those hearts?)
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 8:47 PM - Quote - Report!

CheapAcoustic

I was never really that interrested in guitar to start with. Then one of my cousins was getting a new guitar and offered me his old one. I brought it home and let it idle around until I saw this Youtube vid of someone playing the Stairway to heaven intro.It looked so easy and sounded mind blowing to me (a complete guitar noob at the time) so I decided that I simply MUST learn to play guitar : ) I was never really that interrested in guitar to start with. Then one of my cousins was getting a new guitar and offered me his old one. I brought it home and let it idle around until I saw this Youtube vid of someone playing the Stairway to heaven intro.It looked so easy and sounded mind blowing to me (a complete guitar noob at the time) so I decided that I simply MUST learn to play guitar : )
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 9:50 AM - Quote - Report!

paradox_047

I bought your average cheap run of the mill guitar when i was like 9, like everybody else and never played it. So it sat gathering dust until one day, i saw this guy act like he was playing guitar while he was listening to Zeppelin, then it hit me that i really wanted to learn. So from then on up until now, ive been playing for 4 years, three faithful hours devoted to guitar playing every day. And i cant get enoughn :) I bought your average cheap run of the mill guitar when i was like 9, like everybody else and never played it. So it sat gathering dust until one day, i saw this guy act like he was playing guitar while he was listening to Zeppelin, then it hit me that i really wanted to learn. So from then on up until now, ive been playing for 4 years, three faithful hours devoted to guitar playing every day. And i cant get enoughn :)
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 10:24 PM - Quote - Report!

Nicky Tuna

I love Stairway to Heaven, but I've decided not to learn it for a while, since everyone know it, even if they suck at guitar :/ I love Stairway to Heaven, but I've decided not to learn it for a while, since everyone know it, even if they suck at guitar :/
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 9:50 AM - Quote - Report!

playinbass1432

I started because of AC/DC, but Jimmy does have some influence in my playing. For example, I take on his sloppiness! I started because of AC/DC, but Jimmy does have some influence in my playing. For example, I take on his sloppiness!
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 7:19 AM - Quote - Report!

stratdud39

I'll share my Zep story.
When i was in the 3rd grade, i needed my mommy to stay in the bathroom with me. My mom asked me if instead maybe i could have music to keep me company instead of her. So i randomly picked a CD out of my dads huge bookcase full of CDs. The cover was a skinny old man with a bundle of sticks on his back. The cover got me curious, and kind of creeped me out. I popped it into the CD player(in the bathroom, while i was on the toilet), and heard a very high pitched voice of which i was unsure if it was a male or female. I had no idea music was allowed to be this intense, and i loved it. Then the songs went on, and finally got to stairway. It massaged my little 8 year old ears, and this was then my favorite song of all time.
the end.
I'll share my Zep story.
When i was in the 3rd grade, i needed my mommy to stay in the bathroom with me. My mom asked me if instead maybe i could have music to keep me company instead of her. So i randomly picked a CD out of my dads huge bookcase full of CDs. The cover was a skinny old man with a bundle of sticks on his back. The cover got me curious, and kind of creeped me out. I popped it into the CD player(in the bathroom, while i was on the toilet), and heard a very high pitched voice of which i was unsure if it was a male or female. I had no idea music was allowed to be this intense, and i loved it. Then the songs went on, and finally got to stairway. It massaged my little 8 year old ears, and this was then my favorite song of all time.
the end.
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 7:30 PM - Quote - Report!

Brandon Lee

Master of Puppets was my first song.... Stairway was my second and wasn't that hard for me until i got to the solo, took a day to learn and a month or so to play it good but i still wasn't great at it!! Now i have officaialy been playing for a year and i often make bets with people that have been playing for six or seven about who can play it better, haven't lost yet!!!(I'm kind of proud of my self now) Zeppelin is my favorite band!! There is only two songs i don't know the whole thing of yet and that would be No Quarter and Dyer maker... White Summer/Black mounatin side was the song that i learned two months into to playing and that song was what made me a hell of a lot better at the guitar!! Master of Puppets was my first song.... Stairway was my second and wasn't that hard for me until i got to the solo, took a day to learn and a month or so to play it good but i still wasn't great at it!! Now i have officaialy been playing for a year and i often make bets with people that have been playing for six or seven about who can play it better, haven't lost yet!!!(I'm kind of proud of my self now) Zeppelin is my favorite band!! There is only two songs i don't know the whole thing of yet and that would be No Quarter and Dyer maker... White Summer/Black mounatin side was the song that i learned two months into to playing and that song was what made me a hell of a lot better at the guitar!!
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 3:42 AM - Quote - Report!

maroon5sucks

stratdud39 wrote on Nov 23rd, 2008 at 2:30pm :
I'll share my Zep story.
the end.
great story! your lucky that zoso was the cd that you picked up your lucky t wasnt something that was along the line of smooth jazz so you wouldnt become bored of music and not pick up a guitar (there is nothing wrong with smooth jazz it just would of benn boring at such a young age)
[QUOTE u='stratdud39' d='2008-11-23 14:30:42']I'll share my Zep story.
the end.[/QUOTE]great story! your lucky that zoso was the cd that you picked up your lucky t wasnt something that was along the line of smooth jazz so you wouldnt become bored of music and not pick up a guitar (there is nothing wrong with smooth jazz it just would of benn boring at such a young age)
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 1:50 AM - Quote - Report!

Dysern

i remeber sitting up all night when i was bout 14 going over and over the riff to Black Dog till I got it right. Still my favorite song to this day! i remeber sitting up all night when i was bout 14 going over and over the riff to Black Dog till I got it right. Still my favorite song to this day!
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 11:27 PM - Quote - Report!

JamesxHetfield

They didn't start me. After I seen a Johnny Cash tribute concert i started to learn guitar. but Led Zep have a big influence on me They didn't start me. After I seen a Johnny Cash tribute concert i started to learn guitar. but Led Zep have a big influence on me
Posted: Dec 18, 2008 2:09 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand