Zeppelinism

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Jimmy page les paul Sound?

pjl66892

hey, im playing a epiphone les paul through a ibanez toneblaster at the moment, im looking to get something with tubes but for now, any recomendations on a compatible fuzz or distortion pedal? i had a Boss Ds-1 whicj worled allright but i no longer have it. If it matters, i also have a phase 90 in line after a wahwah hey, im playing a epiphone les paul through a ibanez toneblaster at the moment, im looking to get something with tubes but for now, any recomendations on a compatible fuzz or distortion pedal? i had a Boss Ds-1 whicj worled allright but i no longer have it. If it matters, i also have a phase 90 in line after a wahwah
Posted: Jan 9, 2009 5:28 AM - Quote - Report!

zeppelinpage4

Well you could perhaps try an overdrive pedal. TBH you'll get the best Jimmy tones from the tube amp so I would just wait till I could get one of those.

For now though you could maybe look into a Boss SD-1, I got to try it in the store and it's got some fairly nice overdrive. Again not exact Page or anything but it'll get a decent overdrive sound which should put you in the right area. Also it works pretty decently with tube amps as a boost. So you could possibly use the SD-1 with your tube amp later.

Are you more into his early tones around Led Zeppelin I and the Yardbirds? Or more of his later tone like PG and Presence?

A Tonebender fuzz could work out nicely.
Well you could perhaps try an overdrive pedal. TBH you'll get the best Jimmy tones from the tube amp so I would just wait till I could get one of those.

For now though you could maybe look into a Boss SD-1, I got to try it in the store and it's got some fairly nice overdrive. Again not exact Page or anything but it'll get a decent overdrive sound which should put you in the right area. Also it works pretty decently with tube amps as a boost. So you could possibly use the SD-1 with your tube amp later.

Are you more into his early tones around Led Zeppelin I and the Yardbirds? Or more of his later tone like PG and Presence?

A Tonebender fuzz could work out nicely.
Posted: Jan 10, 2009 7:31 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand