Zeppelinism

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

Keith Moon's statement: what did he mean?

Shuk

When Keith Moon said the band would go over like a lead zeppelin, did he mean that it would crash hard fast (as a lead zeppelin in the air would), or that it would be huge and fly high (like a zeppelin) and end hard and fast when their time was up (going down like lead)? Was he doubting the band or praising it?
When Keith Moon said the band would go over like a lead zeppelin, did he mean that it would crash hard fast (as a lead zeppelin in the air would), or that it would be huge and fly high (like a zeppelin) and end hard and fast when their time was up (going down like lead)? Was he doubting the band or praising it?
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 5:49 AM - Quote - Report!

Page&HammettFan

It was all doubt dude... Jimmy just took that name for whatever reason. It's a fantastic name when you think about it, though... It was all doubt dude... Jimmy just took that name for whatever reason. It's a fantastic name when you think about it, though...
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 6:42 AM - Quote - Report!

jthm_guitarist

He was saying that Americans wouldn't get it- it would make as much sense as someone inventing a lead balloon.
It's such an awesome name, one of the best names for a band ever.
He was saying that Americans wouldn't get it- it would make as much sense as someone inventing a lead balloon.
It's such an awesome name, one of the best names for a band ever.
Posted: Sep 23, 2007 6:00 AM - Quote - Report!

ledhead67

Hey refers to the Hindenburg disaster. The Hindernburg was a zeppelin, composed of lead, and it crashed, and crashed hard. Hey refers to the Hindenburg disaster. The Hindernburg was a zeppelin, composed of lead, and it crashed, and crashed hard.
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 8:54 PM - Quote - Report!

aig91

^ What he said ^ What he said
Posted: Oct 5, 2007 4:28 PM - Quote - Report!

TonyRandall

YES, YES IT IS.
ledhead67 wrote on Sep 25th, 2007 at 3:54pm :
Hey refers to the Hindenburg disaster. The Hindernburg was a zeppelin, composed of lead, and it crashed, and crashed hard.

i dont think he was really referring to the crash... though it did probably play a role in his speach.
the whole name just spelled disaster and kieth moon wanted nothing to do with the band when page and plant wanted him to drum for a different project.
Page&HammettFan wrote on Sep 21st, 2007 at 1:42am :
. It's a fantastic name when you think about it, though...
YES, YES IT IS.
YES, YES IT IS.
ledhead67 wrote on Sep 25th, 2007 at 3:54pm :
Hey refers to the Hindenburg disaster. The Hindernburg was a zeppelin, composed of lead, and it crashed, and crashed hard.

i dont think he was really referring to the crash... though it did probably play a role in his speach.
the whole name just spelled disaster and kieth moon wanted nothing to do with the band when page and plant wanted him to drum for a different project.
Page&HammettFan wrote on Sep 21st, 2007 at 1:42am :
. It's a fantastic name when you think about it, though...
YES, YES IT IS.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 5:44 AM - Quote - Report!

ECwomantoneman

I actually believe the story behind the name was that Jimmy Page had said to Keith Moon he was calling his new group the "New Yardbirds." Moon said that'd fail like a lead zeppelin, hence the name..... I actually believe the story behind the name was that Jimmy Page had said to Keith Moon he was calling his new group the "New Yardbirds." Moon said that'd fail like a lead zeppelin, hence the name.....
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 10:41 PM - Quote - Report!

British Josh

i think it means that the zeppelin was some awesome amazing lead blimp right?

and i guess everyone thought the blimp was rad, but i think maybe he was referring to...you know, i really don't know where i'm going with this but

GO ZEPPELIN!!!!
i think it means that the zeppelin was some awesome amazing lead blimp right?

and i guess everyone thought the blimp was rad, but i think maybe he was referring to...you know, i really don't know where i'm going with this but

GO ZEPPELIN!!!!
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 5:58 AM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

:haha: :haha:
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 2:18 PM - Quote - Report!

Hitmanblack

and then he thought everyone would think lead as (Example: Lead the band) instead of actual lead material so bam you got led zeppelin and then he thought everyone would think lead as (Example: Lead the band) instead of actual lead material so bam you got led zeppelin
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 3:17 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand