Zeppelinism

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

The John Paul Jones Thread!

ledhead67

This thread is to the discuss the most underrated member of Led Zeppelin: John Paul Jones. He played much more than just bass guitar. He was also the keyboard, mandolin, ukulele, autoharp, koto, and one a few occasions, an acoustic guitar player on Led Zeppelin records. He was also their composer (He composed the entirety of "Black Dog".) Though the others had a single shining talent, John Paul Jones was the real virtuoso musician of the group. I like Jimmy Page, but I think of John Paul Jones as a better overall musican. This thread is to the discuss the most underrated member of Led Zeppelin: John Paul Jones. He played much more than just bass guitar. He was also the keyboard, mandolin, ukulele, autoharp, koto, and one a few occasions, an acoustic guitar player on Led Zeppelin records. He was also their composer (He composed the entirety of "Black Dog".) Though the others had a single shining talent, John Paul Jones was the real virtuoso musician of the group. I like Jimmy Page, but I think of John Paul Jones as a better overall musican. 
Posted: Sep 30, 2007 3:19 AM - Quote - Report!

Glen'sHeroicAct

that's great dude,.... but we all already know JPJ was underrated. that's great dude,.... but we all already know JPJ was underrated.
Posted: Sep 30, 2007 5:31 AM - Quote - Report!

ledhead67

I never said it was informative. It's a discussion thread. I never said it was informative. It's a discussion thread.
Posted: Sep 30, 2007 4:53 PM - Quote - Report!

deviousducky

i totally agree... but i never really realized about how much jpj has played. eventhough i still love robert plant the best. his voice is just fucking amazing i totally agree... but i never really realized about how much jpj has played. eventhough i still love robert plant the best. his voice is just fucking amazing
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 8:54 PM - Quote - Report!

ledhead67

Yes it is. Hmmm....maybe I should start a Robert Plant thread....and a Bonzo one. As for Jimmy Page, I own the Jimmy Page fan club group. Yes it is. Hmmm....maybe I should start a Robert Plant thread....and a Bonzo one. As for Jimmy Page, I own the Jimmy Page fan club group.
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 1:32 AM - Quote - Report!

British Josh

yep, jones was a badass. very underrated bass player, among other instruments yep, jones was a badass. very underrated bass player, among other instruments
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 5:59 AM - Quote - Report!

zman@home

JPJ rules JPJ rules
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 9:20 AM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

ive always thought he was very good.A friend of mine recently met him. He got his signature on his jacket! ive always thought he was very good.A friend of mine recently met him. He got his signature on his jacket!
Posted: Nov 25, 2007 10:09 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand