Zeppelinism

Group options
Add to favorites
Forward to a friend

where would the world be without zeppelin?

TonyRandall

honestly, think about it... who would have been the greatest band ever to walk the earth if they never existed?

and where would the world of music be without them?

where would you be/what would you be?

i would probably just be one of those stupid metalheads who listen to nothing but screaming and powerchords and metal riffs.

and i think the best band would have probably been 'the steve miller band' or maybe 'the who'..most likely 'the beatles.'

discuss.
honestly, think about it... who would have been the greatest band ever to walk the earth if they never existed?

and where would the world of music be without them?

i would probably just be one of those  stupid metalheads who listen to nothing but screaming and powerchords and metal riffs.

and i think the best band would have probably been 'the steve miller band' or maybe 'the who'..most likely 'the beatles.'

discuss.
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 5:39 AM - Quote - Report!

ledhead67

Well, the Steve Miller Band came after Zeppelin, and was influenced by them, so cancel them out. The Who is great, but not as influential as Zeppelin. Without them, most of today's music would either not exist or just exist as freeform acid jazz with a swing feel and a hint of blues. What's the fun in that? Well, the Steve Miller Band came after Zeppelin, and was influenced by them, so cancel them out. The Who is great, but not as influential as Zeppelin. Without them, most of today's music would either not exist or just exist as freeform acid jazz with a swing feel and a hint of blues. What's the fun in that?
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 7:40 PM - Quote - Report!

TonyRandall

ya, ok, maybe, i dont really think they were influenced by them too much....

maybe the eagles would have been the kings.
ya, ok, maybe, i dont really think they were influenced by them too much....

maybe the eagles would have been the kings.
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 2:02 AM - Quote - Report!

lounge act

It isn't already The Beatles?

I don't think it would be the Steve Miller Band. He's a great guitar player (I saw him live, amazing!) but they go off quite unnoticed.

But if they were never around, I definately wouldn't be as in to classic rock as I am now, and most rock bands after them probably would have never existed!
It isn't already The Beatles?

I don't think it would be the Steve Miller Band. He's a great guitar player (I saw him live, amazing!) but they go off quite unnoticed.

But if they were never around, I definately wouldn't be as in to classic rock as I am now, and most rock bands after them probably would have never existed!
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 11:51 PM - Quote - Report!

ElThomas

i think we would fall back on the beatles. or maybe van halen or ac/dc. but still. even a force asa great and powerful as zep couldnt stop the rock world from becoming david coverdale look alikes singing and dimebag darrell impersonators playing guitar. its rather depressing. why did you have to die bonzo? why?!? i think we would fall back on the beatles. or maybe van halen or ac/dc. but still. even a force asa great and powerful as zep couldnt stop the rock world from becoming david coverdale look alikes singing and dimebag darrell impersonators playing guitar. its rather depressing. why did you have to die bonzo? why?!?
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 3:32 AM - Quote - Report!

Shayne777

I think the world would have exploded cause no band came along (besides the beattles but lets be honest half the stuff they do isn't even rock)to free the minds of everyone I think the world would have exploded cause no band came along (besides the beattles but lets be honest half the stuff they do isn't even rock)to free the minds of everyone
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 4:02 AM - Quote - Report!

aig91

The world would be nothing without Zeppelin :sad: The world would be nothing without Zeppelin :sad:
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 7:27 PM - Quote - Report!

Page&HammettFan

Van Halen were so heavily influenced by Zeppelin that it's sickening... They'd be much different, to the person who mentioned them.

You can't say what the world would be like without Zeppelin because they had a profound effect on musicians lives. The world itself may not be terribly different, but I can guarantee you that the music scene to day would be 1000 times different.
Van Halen were so heavily influenced by Zeppelin that it's sickening... They'd be much different, to the person who mentioned them.

You can't say what the world would be like without Zeppelin because they had a profound effect on musicians lives. The world itself may not be terribly different, but I can guarantee you that the music scene to day would be 1000 times different.
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 4:17 AM - Quote - Report!

musicmakesme92

well zeppelin is a band every one loves to try to be like and if they wouldnt have bent the rules wed still be playing beatles type music (which is still good) but music would be no whre near as exiting well zeppelin is a band every one loves to try to be like and if they wouldnt have bent the rules wed still be playing beatles type music (which is still good) but music would be no whre near as exiting
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 2:02 AM - Quote - Report!

British Josh

i don't know. i honestly never really thought about it like that...

eddie van halen-not what he is today, meaning no dimebag...
i guess bonham was one of the first with a really banging drum solo....

i guess the only safe guess is that classic rock wouldn't be what it is today without zeppelin!
i don't know. i honestly never really thought about it like that...

eddie van halen-not what he is today, meaning no dimebag...
i guess bonham was one of the first with a really banging drum solo....

i guess the only safe guess is that classic rock wouldn't be what it is today without zeppelin!
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 5:54 AM - Quote - Report!

one vision

I see lots of rap on the horizon. I see lots of rap on the horizon.
Posted: Nov 27, 2007 5:53 AM - Quote - Report!

Page/Rhoads

I would have never picked up a guitar. I would have never picked up a guitar.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 8:36 PM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

I would be sad...:sad:

I would be sad...:sad:
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 7:17 PM - Quote - Report!

Tom S.

I see lots of rap on the horizon.

Ah, but you see, if Page hadn't created the massive drum sound that Bonham had, and if Bonham hadn't been there to create that fat groove, rap and hip hop would pretty much be nowhere.
I see lots of rap on the horizon.

Ah, but you see, if Page hadn't created the massive drum sound that Bonham had, and if Bonham hadn't been there to create that fat groove, rap and hip hop would pretty much be nowhere.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 11:00 AM - Quote - Report!

|Guitarhead|

And the world would be down the toilet. And the world would be down the toilet.
Posted: Jan 27, 2008 11:05 AM - Quote - Report!

detzlink

we would be a group of cave ppl without fire and still wondering why are rocks for..

now, talking in serious, i'd say music, specially rock would have been so much different and probably hip hop would have got solos..
we would be a group of cave ppl without fire and still wondering why are rocks for..

now, talking in serious, i'd say music, specially rock would have been so much different and probably hip hop would have got solos..
Posted: Aug 27, 2008 3:24 AM - Quote - Report!
Post your reply
Expand